Tears...

In memory of Sean Taylor. Please post all thoughts, well-wishes and prayers here.
Hog
Posts: 4716
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:20 am

Postby GSPODS » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:27 am

Every time I lose a family member, which has been far too often, I read this:
Sean Taylor was a family member.
Once a Redskin, always a Redskin.

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am in a thousand winds that blow,
I am the softly falling snow.
I am the gentle showers of rain,
I am the fields of ripening grain.
I am in the morning hush,
I am in the graceful rush
Of beautiful birds in circling flight,
I am the starshine of the night.
I am in the flowers that bloom,
I am in a quiet room.
I am in the birds that sing,
I am in each lovely thing.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there. I do not die.

Junior Hog
User avatar
Posts: 11246
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 3:18 am
Location: Mayo, Maryland

Postby Jake » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:15 pm

Damn. I thought I was done crying but I just watched the pre-game tribute to Sean Taylor and the waterworks began a little.

You could hear a pin drop in Texas Stadium during the moment of silence. Following that was a strong, supportive cheer.

My hats off to those in Texas Stadium.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

piggie
User avatar
Posts: 149
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:58 pm

Postby please_remain_calm » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:22 pm

When you walk through a storm
hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark.
At the end of a storm is a golden sky

And the sweet silver song of a lark.
Walk on through the wind,
Walk on through the rain,
Tho' your dreams be tossed and blown.

Walk on, walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone,
You'll never, ever walk alone.
Walk on, walk on with hope in your heart

And you'll never walk alone,
You'll never, ever walk alone
Hail! Hail! The Celts are here!


HAIL to the REDSKINS!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 361
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:25 pm
Location: Grand Forks, ND

Postby DaveD1420 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:20 pm

Geez, you guys have me tearing up again. Why is this so hard?

He was the only reason why I was confident when the D was on the field. The ONLY reason. I knew that he was the best player we had, probably the best player in the league, and IMO he would've been the greatest defensive player of all time. I just know he would've been. I love the Skins, I love football, and I loved Sean Taylor.

I'm just so heartbroken.

Damn, here come the tears some more. I shouldn't have to cry on my birthday, but here I am.

Junior Hog
User avatar
Posts: 11246
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 3:18 am
Location: Mayo, Maryland

Postby Jake » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:22 pm

DaveD1420 wrote:Geez, you guys have me tearing up again. Why is this so hard?

He was the only reason why I was confident when the D was on the field. The ONLY reason. I knew that he was the best player we had, probably the best player in the league, and IMO he would've been the greatest defensive player of all time. I just know he would've been. I love the Skins, I love football, and I loved Sean Taylor.

I'm just so heartbroken.

Damn, here come the tears some more. I shouldn't have to cry on my birthday, but here I am.


Wow, I'm sorry such a tragedy had to come at this time of the year for you. Other than what has transpired, I hope you had a better birthday.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1539
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:54 am
Location: St. Louis, Mo

Postby Sir_Monk » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:40 pm

I had to work tonight in an office with no TV. I noticed NFL.com is carrying the stream of the game, just the 21 sticker brought tears to my eyes. Watching the game on sundayis going to be very hard.
Bruce has the authority. When Bruce makes the decision, it's a Redskins decision.

Fire Bruce Boudreau

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 361
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:25 pm
Location: Grand Forks, ND

Postby DaveD1420 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:02 pm

Jake wrote:
DaveD1420 wrote:Geez, you guys have me tearing up again. Why is this so hard?

He was the only reason why I was confident when the D was on the field. The ONLY reason. I knew that he was the best player we had, probably the best player in the league, and IMO he would've been the greatest defensive player of all time. I just know he would've been. I love the Skins, I love football, and I loved Sean Taylor.

I'm just so heartbroken.

Damn, here come the tears some more. I shouldn't have to cry on my birthday, but here I am.


Wow, I'm sorry such a tragedy had to come at this time of the year for you. Other than what has transpired, I hope you had a better birthday.


Thanks, Jake. This is yet another death in an already crappy year for me. In addition to my wife losing her mother and grandfather w/in 6 months, one of my best friends losing his 5 year old girl, and probably about 5 more deaths of friends and aquaintances, I didn't need to lose a hero as well.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1311
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 4:29 pm

Postby absinthe1023 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:00 am

please_remain_calm wrote:When you walk through a storm
hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark.
At the end of a storm is a golden sky

And the sweet silver song of a lark.
Walk on through the wind,
Walk on through the rain,
Tho' your dreams be tossed and blown.

Walk on, walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone,
You'll never, ever walk alone.
Walk on, walk on with hope in your heart

And you'll never walk alone,
You'll never, ever walk alone


No....not Liverpool!
"No one played with more heart."

-Clinton Portis on Sean Taylor


As of 11/27/07, I resolve to never again read any version of the Washington Post.

Junior Hog
User avatar
Posts: 11246
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 3:18 am
Location: Mayo, Maryland

Postby Jake » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:57 am

DaveD1420 wrote:
Jake wrote:
DaveD1420 wrote:Geez, you guys have me tearing up again. Why is this so hard?

He was the only reason why I was confident when the D was on the field. The ONLY reason. I knew that he was the best player we had, probably the best player in the league, and IMO he would've been the greatest defensive player of all time. I just know he would've been. I love the Skins, I love football, and I loved Sean Taylor.

I'm just so heartbroken.

Damn, here come the tears some more. I shouldn't have to cry on my birthday, but here I am.


Wow, I'm sorry such a tragedy had to come at this time of the year for you. Other than what has transpired, I hope you had a better birthday.


Thanks, Jake. This is yet another death in an already crappy year for me. In addition to my wife losing her mother and grandfather w/in 6 months, one of my best friends losing his 5 year old girl, and probably about 5 more deaths of friends and aquaintances, I didn't need to lose a hero as well.


Damn. Sorry, man.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Hog
Posts: 537
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:59 pm
Location: Long Island NY

Postby MEZZSKIN » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:22 am

just wanted to share that the last 24 36 hours i thought i was doing better and just bracing for Sunday which will be SUPER emotional.
Then last night late at night my wife is sleeping and im all alone watching GW'S interview on TV. I cant tell you why but i just lost it.....to see his pain and tears i just broke down bigtime. I guess thats true grieving ....you just dont when or what will trigger it .......... Just wanted to share that.......GW, we feel it brother...we know ....Our franchise will never be the same

piggie
User avatar
Posts: 149
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:58 pm

Postby please_remain_calm » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:36 am

absinthe1023 wrote:
please_remain_calm wrote:When you walk through a storm
hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark.
At the end of a storm is a golden sky

And the sweet silver song of a lark.
Walk on through the wind,
Walk on through the rain,
Tho' your dreams be tossed and blown.

Walk on, walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone,
You'll never, ever walk alone.
Walk on, walk on with hope in your heart

And you'll never walk alone,
You'll never, ever walk alone


No....not Liverpool!


No, not Liverpool, Celtic.
Hail! Hail! The Celts are here!


HAIL to the REDSKINS!

Return to Sean Taylor Tribute