kenny phillips from the U

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
piggie

kenny phillips from the U

Postby redskins_89 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:23 pm

Should the redskins draft phillips to get FS for the redskins. I really miss Sean Taylor and would do anything to get him back but from what i heard about phillips has some similarity of both landry and taylor. He's a good cover and a big hitter. I really miss tremendously of sean taylor but will we get phillips or any other positions.

RIP Sean Taylor

I wish this never happened

swine

Postby Redskins913 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:24 pm

i hope the we draft him. it will be a dream come true.

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:44 pm

I would love to have Kenny Phillips. Not to replace Taylor. Just to continue greatness. Taylor would love for the Team to draft Phillips. I just know it.

Sean Taylor will always be a part of this team.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

swine

Postby funbunch65 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:04 pm

This is really hard to talk about because anybody that we fill in for Sean Taylor wouldn't even come close to filling his shoes.

Kenny Phillips is a great player and I wouldn't at all be disappointed to see us draft this guy but I think we should look at another position this year.

We need to look at strengthening our team in the trenches O line or D line.

Hog

Postby por-tiz2skins » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:31 pm

funbunch65 wrote:This is really hard to talk about because anybody that we fill in for Sean Taylor wouldn't even come close to filling his shoes.

Kenny Phillips is a great player and I wouldn't at all be disappointed to see us draft this guy but I think we should look at another position this year.

I'm sorry but we have to draft a safety we have no choice.Than in the second round we should trade up draft the best avalble DE like Quntin Grove or Tye Jackson.Cause this safety looks good and I would be proud to say his the next Sean Taylor.

But R.I.P Sean .Maybe if lucky Sean Soul will go into Phillips body .
R.I.P

Sean Taylor-21#
Greatest safety ever and the most feared hardest hitting safety ever.

"I swear I'll Honor the number 21#"

-Clinton Portis

swine

Postby funbunch65 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:46 am

por-tiz2skins wrote:
funbunch65 wrote:This is really hard to talk about because anybody that we fill in for Sean Taylor wouldn't even come close to filling his shoes.

I'm sorry but we have to draft a safety we have no choice.Than in the second round we should trade up draft the best avalble DE like Quntin Grove or Tye Jackson.Cause this safety looks good and I would be proud to say his the next Sean Taylor.

But R.I.P Sean .Maybe if lucky Sean Soul will go into Phillips body .

swine

Postby funbunch65 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:02 pm

We don't have to draft another free safety in the first round. We have been passing up on D Linemen for far too long and will have to draft some kind of a pass rush to take stress off of our DB's. We can't continue to ask them to cover their guys for 4 or 5 seconds because we're not getting any kind of a pass rush.

As for finding a talent such as Sean Taylor in the draft, simply impossible we can plug anybody back there and it wouldn't fill the void he left behind in the secondary. Sorry Kenny Phillips.

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:51 pm

funbunch65 wrote:We don't have to draft another free safety in the first round. We have been passing up on D Linemen for far too long and will have to draft some kind of a pass rush to take stress off of our DB's. We can't continue to ask them to cover their guys for 4 or 5 seconds because we're not getting any kind of a pass rush.

As for finding a talent such as Sean Taylor in the draft, simply impossible we can plug anybody back there and it wouldn't fill the void he left behind in the secondary. Sorry Kenny Phillips.

Agreed. Although I would rather go Offense in the first round, Pref. WR
No Pressure, No Diamonds

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:38 pm

brad7686 wrote:
funbunch65 wrote:We don't have to draft another free safety in the first round. We have been passing up on D Linemen for far too long and will have to draft some kind of a pass rush to take stress off of our DB's. We can't continue to ask them to cover their guys for 4 or 5 seconds because we're not getting any kind of a pass rush.

I presume you guys are not considering the real draft in this thread as this is the fantasy section where we can make fun, stupid decisions - like a lot of choices already indicated here - this is not "for real' this is like stupid world with no salary cap restrictions or anything, have at it, but do not expect to get any intelligent conversation about our future draft from this section :lol:
one should always try to look on the bright side ... especially Redskins fans after the past 20 plus years

things will get better .... hopefully soon

Hail to the Redskins

swine

Postby funbunch65 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:33 pm

[
quote]brad7686 wrote:
funbunch65 wrote:
We don't have to draft another free safety in the first round. We have been passing up on D Linemen for far too long and will have to draft some kind of a pass rush to take stress off of our DB's. We can't continue to ask them to cover their guys for 4 or 5 seconds because we're not getting any kind of a pass rush.

Skins Jock Wrote:
I presume you guys are not considering the real draft in this thread as this is the fantasy section where we can make fun, stupid decisions - like a lot of choices already indicated here - this is not "for real' this is like stupid world with no salary cap restrictions or anything, have at it, but do not expect to get any intelligent conversation about our future draft from this section

Ok skins jock my bad the conversation just kinda got started. Well I definitely will not be posting anything else in this thread because I don't feel like dreaming up any kind of impossible trade situations. Thats not my thing.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:59 am

funbunch65 wrote:..Ok skins jock my bad the conversation just kinda got started. Well I definitely will not be posting anything else in this thread because I don't feel like dreaming up any kind of impossible trade situations. Thats not my thing.

no worries mate - I think we all are interested in what the Redskins might or might not do in the real draft but there are some (at least, I think they know) who post here thinking they are analysing our draft possibilities but the real purpose (again, in my opinion) of this section is for fantasy football - there are some however who kind of get the two confused and this is really where they should be "fantasizing" anyway :lol:
one should always try to look on the bright side ... especially Redskins fans after the past 20 plus years

things will get better .... hopefully soon

Hail to the Redskins

Return to General Manager's Office