Sean Taylor towels.....

In memory of Sean Taylor. Please post all thoughts, well-wishes and prayers here.
tribe
Posts: 6127
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:02 pm
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Sean Taylor towels.....

Postby tribeofjudah » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:15 pm

Don't look now but these things are going like HOT CAKES on the auction websites.....

I really do want one since I couldn't make it to the game.

What's your take: are people capitalizing $$$ on the fact that everyone from everywhere WANTS something, anything to remember #21....?

Does that make you sad or happy? We miss you Sean Taylor..........
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

+++++++++
Posts: 5225
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:21 am

Postby Skinsfan55 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:16 pm

I can't believe they are selling so well. I would think that a true fan would cherish it.
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

~~~
Posts: 2992
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2004 2:57 pm
Location: Ohio

Postby Champsturf » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:34 pm

Skinsfan55 wrote:I can't believe they are selling so well. I would think that a true fan would cherish it.
If I had one, I wouldn't consider selling it...My loyalty to this team for so many years and something so tragic like this happens....it's part of me now and no way would I part with one of those towels. I would sure love to have one as well.
You'll always be remembered Sean. R.I.P.

tribe
Posts: 6127
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:02 pm
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:43 pm

I'm gonna snag a towel from the internet, one of these days.

sooner rather than later....
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

+++++++++
Posts: 5225
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:21 am

Postby Skinsfan55 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:45 pm

Hope you've got the dough... they're expensive.

It's just a towel, there are other ways to remember Sean Taylor.
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

-------
Posts: 2947
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:41 pm
Location: Lanham, MD

Postby RedskinsFreak » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:04 am

On my other mailing list, someone said they found one on the ground in the parking lot of a 7-11.
***** Hail To The Redskins!!! *****

BA + MS = A New Beginning

tribe
Posts: 6127
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:02 pm
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:18 am

RedskinsFreak wrote:On my other mailing list, someone said they found one on the ground in the parking lot of a 7-11.


Some unlucky fan lost a towel..... what a bummer.
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

and Jackson
Posts: 8384
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2003 9:37 am
Location: Charles Town, WV

Postby JansenFan » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:21 am

If you would have had to fight tooth and nail with grown men and women to get one for your 6-year-old, you'd have known this was coming. Not to mention the extremely large number of Bills fans who all seemed to have one.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

The Punisher
Posts: 2593
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:34 am
Location: Manassas

Postby Bob 0119 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:03 am

My fiancee and I are keeping ours, plus a copy of the program from the game (which oddly didn't mention anything about Taylor, but also didn't have his picture in the team line-up), and our ticket stubs.

I can't believe people are selling them...that's low class.

---
User avatar
Posts: 18570
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:01 am

JansenFan wrote:If you would have had to fight tooth and nail with grown men and women to get one for your 6-year-old, you'd have known this was coming. Not to mention the extremely large number of Bills fans who all seemed to have one.


It was a frenzy around the time we all got into the stadium. I was able to score one and I think Keith got two and gave one to Ms. Terry.

BTW, I'm keeping mine.

Image
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

**LPJ**
Posts: 6377
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:12 am
Location: Langley Park, MD *Tick Tock*

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:19 am

JansenFan.. maaaan, my girlfriend had her "duh" moment yesterday morning so we left late (1030am), my apologies for missing the get together..

I got two towels yesterday and my girlfriend got two towels. Some Bills' fans next to us gave up their towels to us. I gave one to my co-worker because she's a true fan, I hung up one in the Redskin Den, I have another in my car, and my girlfriend has the other. No way in hell am I ever going to sell them. Making money off of ST's death, yup, its pretty low if you ask me, but come one did you really think people wouldn't do it?

swine
User avatar
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:43 pm

Postby CooleyAsIce » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:38 am

My wife and I each got a towel at the game also. They also gave each of us a Redskins hat too. I'll be keeping my towel.

The thing that pisses me off the most is that there were probably a dozen of the towels on the floor in the bathroom at halftime. Jerks.

~~~
Posts: 2992
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2004 2:57 pm
Location: Ohio

Postby Champsturf » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:47 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:JansenFan.. maaaan, my girlfriend had her "duh" moment yesterday morning so we left late (1030am), my apologies for missing the get together..

I got two towels yesterday and my girlfriend got two towels. Some Bills' fans next to us gave up their towels to us. I gave one to my co-worker because she's a true fan, I hung up one in the Redskin Den, I have another in my car, and my girlfriend has the other. No way in hell am I ever going to sell them. Making money off of ST's death, yup, its pretty low if you ask me, but come one did you really think people wouldn't do it?
Wow...you got 4? I'd only want one, to put behind glass, framed. Let me know if you ever feel like sharing the wealth to another die hard fan...THANKS!

HTTR
You'll always be remembered Sean. R.I.P.

---
User avatar
Posts: 18570
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:15 am

CooleyAsIce wrote:My wife and I each got a towel at the game also. They also gave each of us a Redskins hat too. I'll be keeping my towel.

The thing that pisses me off the most is that there were probably a dozen of the towels on the floor in the bathroom at halftime. Jerks.


Disgusting. Ill roll my eyes whenever I hear that we have the best fans in the world. I saw tons of drunk fools who for even one Sunday could not manage to act decently.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Return to Sean Taylor Tribute