Ohalete or Bowen

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
piggie

Postby FatPat » Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:31 am

First off financially speaking the only one that could possibly leave is Iffy. I think releasing Bowen would make his cap hit worse than loosing Iffy (RFA). Therefore either both stay or Iffy goes as far as who is better it is too early to tell at this time

swine

Postby whomp-em » Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:40 am

i'm giving the edge to iffy. not really sure why, but maybe it's because he's 2 years younger. if they are aboutt the same now, then maybe by the time iffy is 27 he will have improved. either way we still need sean taylor...

+++

Postby NikiH » Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:15 am

Ok I may be in the minority here but my thinking is if we have 2 solid safetys why are we getting another???? Shouldn't we use this pick to fill one the voids that really needs filled? I like both Ohalete and Bowen and just like everyone else that has been judged on their performance last year, I don't think it's fair to hold it against them. We have crackpot coaches, and if the plays were called correctly we have been able to see what they could really do. Give them a chance really! That same thing has been said about Lavar and Patrick Ramsey. I think these guys deserve the same courtesy! Just my 2 cents!
Whenever I start to get blue, I just breathe!

My favortie line from the Simpsons:

Flanders: "Looks like someone is having a pre-rapture party!"

Homer: "No Flanders, it's a meeting of gay witches for abortion , you wouldn't be interested!"

+++

Postby NikiH » Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:18 am

Ok skins75, I'm sorry I didn't read your entire post before I commented. Sounds like you and I agree on the part about giving them another shot at showing what they can do!

Homer: "No Flanders, it's a meeting of gay witches for abortion , you wouldn't be interested!"

scooter

Postby Scooter » Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:35 am

I think Ohalate stinks - sorry and no offense intended. There is life after football. And that life would start tomorrow if I had the call on Ohalete. They don't keep stats for whiffs, being in the wrong position and not reading the situation. Bowen played with a concussion at the end of the season - at least he hits people. Ohalate his Redskins harder than any opposing player. Bowen took some pathetic angles and wiffed some too last season. Maybe a new system and a new attitude will make them both better. If I had to chose - Bowen - as if there was a hint of anything else :0).

Sheesh - sorry to ramble fellas. And really no offense to Ohalate fans. Tony Banks had his supporters too :0)

+++

Postby NikiH » Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:52 am

Hey Scooter I cannot believe you compared Ohalete to Tony Banks. LOL I don't like that comparrison. LOL

scooter

Postby Scooter » Fri Apr 16, 2004 2:06 pm

I don't dislike Tony Banks personally, I wish him well at his new career at Best Buy. Ohalate could go on to a great career in something... anything... but he's one of the reasons my wife can't talk to her Mom on the phone while the Skins are on defense :0-

+++

Postby NikiH » Fri Apr 16, 2004 2:48 pm

Ah your wife has a crush on him?? That explains it all! LOL I think he's quite a cute guy too BUT I posted based on his ability, not his appearance! ;-)

scooter

Postby Scooter » Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:25 pm

Nah, my turret syndrome kicks in every time he wiffs a tackle or watches some guy catch a ball and score. My dogs learned to say - "Catch the Damn Ball" last season too. :0)

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:47 pm

Start Bowen let Iffy play ST he is great on ST
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010