MNF / Ray Lewis - Taylor tribute

In memory of Sean Taylor. Please post all thoughts, well-wishes and prayers here.
aka Evil Hog

MNF / Ray Lewis - Taylor tribute

Postby hailskins666 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:21 pm

they just showed ray, reed, and mcgahee before the game. of course it was ray doing the talking, 'but it was about sean.' 'they are playing for him.' 'its all about sean tonite, that man has a family', etc. much respect, again from the rest of the league.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Hog

Postby absinthe1023 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:27 pm

I thought that was powerful as well.
What does it say about the heart and fire of the Redskins when another team's players can channel their emotions into a stellar effort while the 'Skins predictably choke away another game?
At least one team will honor Sean's memory in a way that he would have appreciated: giving a never-say-die balls-to-the-wall effort on the field.
"No one played with more heart."

-Clinton Portis on Sean Taylor

As of 11/27/07, I resolve to never again read any version of the Washington Post.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:30 pm

absinthe1023 wrote:I thought that was powerful as well.
What does it say about the heart and fire of the Redskins when another team's players can channel their emotions into a stellar effort while the 'Skins predictably choke away another game?
At least one team will honor Sean's memory in a way that he would have appreciated: giving a never-say-die balls-to-the-wall effort on the field.
man, i had just as much written, and deleted it all, and just posted the short stuff. but i was thinking the same thing. i called the skins heartless and spinless in another thread, so i'll leave it at that.
THN's resident jerk.

piggie

Postby MossIsBoss88 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:36 pm

Guys, cut the skins some slack. They were extremely drained, and they still played hard even with the lack of strength. for example, did you see santana every time he had the ball in his hands? they played hard, but they weren't ready for a football game.
There are only two teams I root for in the NFL. The Skins, and whoever is playing Dallas.

It's okay that we drafted a Landry. After this season, the crygirls will have a new association with that name.

Hog

Postby absinthe1023 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:36 pm

hailskins666 wrote:
man, i had just as much written, and deleted it all, and just posted the short stuff. but i was thinking the same thing. i called the skins heartless and spinless in another thread, so i'll leave it at that.

Sadly, the fact that the 'Skins will back down from a challenge and entirely lack heart and drive is no secret to the other 31 teams in the league. Teams know that if they play hard for 60 minutes, the 'Skins will always leave them an opportunity to recover.
There is talent on the field, but this team does not have the mental strength necessary to succeed in today's NFL.
"No one played with more heart."

-Clinton Portis on Sean Taylor

As of 11/27/07, I resolve to never again read any version of the Washington Post.

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:45 pm

absinthe1023 wrote:
hailskins666 wrote:

Sadly, the fact that the 'Skins will back down from a challenge and entirely lack heart and drive is no secret to the other 31 teams in the league. Teams know that if they play hard for 60 minutes, the 'Skins will always leave them an opportunity to recover.
There is talent on the field, but this team does not have the mental strength necessary to succeed in today's NFL.
quoted for truth. :(
THN's resident jerk.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:27 pm

I saw that, it was moving. But another moving moment for me was Sunday during the Fox Pregame, Jimmy Johnson, yes, Jimmy Johnson teared up choked up and almost cried on air when talking about Taylor. I had a new respect for him. Meanwhile, during the moment of silence, Bill Belichick was looking around at folks in a disinterested way. Class v. No Class.

It is to the point where we say the Redskins are who we thought they were. We will move the ball all over the field, sustain drives, and even outgain many opponents, but we will stall inside the 15 yard line. We will play good defense and gain a lead at the half. We will hold the lead through the 3rd quarter, but slowly make mistakes. We will stop throwing to the TE, or stop spreading the field, we will play scared until the last minutes where we finally give the opponent the game to win, which they do. It's the storyline every week including this one. The Redskins are who we thought they were.

"Snatching defeat from the jaws of Victory." - Skins '07
SPIT HAPPENS!!

DM's #1 fan

Postby SkinsChic » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:30 pm

I never thought I'd find myself saying this...but I "almost" liked Ray Lewis tonight after I heard him talking about playing for Sean. That was really nice...
Hip Hip Hooray!!!
H.T.T.R.

Terri
Joe Gibbs: Terri has a very good eye for talent.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:35 pm

Another interesting note, Adam Archuletta was in attendance at the game. More evidence that ST was a truly great teamate. He must have made an impact on Arch throughout all the criticism he faced in Washington, so much so, he returned to attend the services.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

09 Champ

Postby TeeterSalad » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:54 pm

The Ravens have already earned a lot of respect by paying tribute to S.T.....now if they can only pull out this win!

Postby hawaiiantribe » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:58 pm

4th quarter-- I would love to see the Ravens pull this off. I wish I could see this kind of energy and fire from our skins.

Hog

Postby broomboy » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:53 pm

Damn close game, phew thought the ravens had it! Scott had a little tantrum there at the end though coulda cost them. To loose by 2 yards damn...

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:08 am

Just the way the Ravens played tonight, they earned my respect. Wow what fire and desire.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Postby Charm City Sports » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:32 am

Mcgahee wore a Sean Taylor U jersey under his pads during the game, similar to Portis wearing a Sean t-shirt yesterday under his pads
Words can't express the loss I feel in my heart.

R.I.P. # 21

We will always remember you.

Sean Taylor was known for his hard hits.

His hardest hit will always be the day that he was taken from us.

Hog

Postby BadgerKing » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:56 am

I am thankful the Ravens played for Sean, but anyone can say they dedicate this for that. Its a soundbite, only the Skins team can feel the real pain of the loss and only they can remeber Sean when they play. I don't think we played without heart just a lot of pain and despite the incentive the team could not do it. Ray Lewis talks a great game and for the most part plays one too, but remember he has not lost his team member so its easy to for him to say the words. Thanks for the sentiment but it was the right thing to say and I would expect every team to say the same right now
To live in the hearts we leave behind is not to die." ~ Thomas Campbell

Return to Sean Taylor Tribute