PM Notifications

New to the board? Please check out the rules here first. We will also post news about the website here.
Pursuer of Justice

PM Notifications

Postby Justice Hog » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:50 am

After having a few problems with my email/password on my profile, that has all been corrected with the help of BH, for some reason, I am no longer receiving email notifications when I receive a PM.

I used to, but no longer.

When I look at my profile, it appears as though I have it set up to receive email notifications when I get PMs but it's just not working. I also confirmed that my email address on my profile is, in fact, correct.

Can anyone out there give me any suggestions on how to fix his?

Honestly, it's not that dramatically important because I can see when I get PMs when I log in; however, it's just a "convenience" thing right now so any insight would be appreciated.
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

~~~~

Re: PM Notifications

Postby ANT7088 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:59 am

Justice Hog wrote:After having a few problems with my email/password on my profile, that has all been corrected with the help of BH, for some reason, I am no longer receiving email notifications when I receive a PM.

I used to, but no longer.

When I look at my profile, it appears as though I have it set up to receive email notifications when I get PMs but it's just not working. I also confirmed that my email address on my profile is, in fact, correct.

Can anyone out there give me any suggestions on how to fix his?

Honestly, it's not that dramatically important because I can see when I get PMs when I log in; however, it's just a "convenience" thing right now so any insight would be appreciated.

I'm having the same problem, it stopped working for me around a year ago. Also I don't get the "Topic Reply Notifcation" e-mails either. I just don't know if it's my computer or something else & didn't want to bother anyone about it.
AnTsSkInZ

Hog

Postby GSPODS » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:44 pm

Try clearing your IE cache and "cookie" files. Only suggestion I can think of, other than making sure the e-mail address is still in your "safe" list, but I assume you already did that.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:14 pm

I would guess that your ISP is denying the emails because they are automated and thus, perhaps viewed as spam.

It has nothing to do with the board.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Return to Site News & Welcome Wagon