Lavar at the Funeral.

In memory of Sean Taylor. Please post all thoughts, well-wishes and prayers here.
Hog

Postby 1fan4ramsey » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:53 pm

redskingush wrote:Lavar back would be great, If Ive gotta spend every Sunday watching this team blow up right before my eyes, I would at least enjoy watching one of my favorite redskins in maroon and gold.

I agree, Lavar back would be great, I don't think it will ever happen though. He is to banged up from the accident.
don't even

Hog

07 is best year for Snyder

Postby dmwc » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:57 pm

I just want to say that the Danny has been pretty good this year. compared to the past years he has done pretty good.
>>>IT STARTS WITH D and O LINEMEN, EVERY DOWN, EVERY GAME, EVERY SEASON<<<

RIP # 21!

Tired of people who think we need superstars at EVERY position to excel... we dont... just 53 guys who are tough an smart

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:07 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:Kazoo, Danny was wrong for his treatment of Lavar brutha. It was all made public back than when it was time for re-negotiations. I'm not saying LA was right for going public with his statements but it is a fact that the organization does indeed try to screw players when it's time for the money to be distributed. We all know that Shawn 'Silver' Springs is the next one to go because of this, watch how it plays out.

666 and I love those "what if's" (sarcasm?), so what if Lavar had gotten paid and stayed a Skin? What if Greg let him play more to learn that "hard" system? What if he was here and didn't ride that motorcycle and got torn up?

Lavar will always be my guy because he made history as a Skin, he ended Aikman's career and for that I am sooooo grateful!!!

What I said was when LaVar made public, personal attacks on Danny, he made it impossible to come back. That takes no position on who was right over the bonus, it makes no statement over how LaVar was treated when he was here, it doesn't say LaVar wasn't right and Danny's a schmo and deserved it. It doesn't even say that Danny's not a hypocrite and a liar.

If LaVar was wrong, Danny's not going to let him come back. If LaVar was right, Danny's not going to let him come back. If you publicly call your boss a hypocrite and a liar, whether or not you are right, do you not realize the consequence of that?
Last edited by KazooSkinsFan on Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:15 pm

BossHog wrote:Yes, your condescension would cetainly seem to indicate as much.

I said LaVar torpedoed the bridge. You said I said LaVar was "100% responsible for the departure." I said no, he torpedoed "the bridge." I didn't say he was responsible for going, I said he made it so he can't come back. Don't write a post not getting it then keep CRYING that I'm being condescending in explaining what you didn't get. If you did get it, why did you write a post indicating you didn't?

I'm exiting your pissing contest, you can say whatever you want on this subject. I've address and re-addressed your mis-quote of my post.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:56 pm

Pissing contest? I wrote one line in a long response that maybe, if you had incredibly over-sensitive nipples, could be construed as anything but on topic.

You however, conveniently skipped everything else, and stuck with strictly rhetoric.

That's fine, I won't make the mistake of participating in one of your monologues again.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:01 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:Kazoo, Danny was wrong for his treatment of Lavar brutha. It was all made public back than when it was time for re-negotiations. I'm not saying LA was right for going public with his statements but it is a fact that the organization does indeed try to screw players when it's time for the money to be distributed. We all know that Shawn 'Silver' Springs is the next one to go because of this, watch how it plays out.

666 and I love those "what if's" (sarcasm?), so what if Lavar had gotten paid and stayed a Skin? What if Greg let him play more to learn that "hard" system? What if he was here and didn't ride that motorcycle and got torn up?

Lavar will always be my guy because he made history as a Skin, he ended Aikman's career and for that I am sooooo grateful!!!

What I said was when LaVar made public, personal attacks on Danny, he made it impossible to come back. That takes no position on who was right over the bonus, it makes no statement over how LaVar was treated when he was here, it doesn't say LaVar wasn't right and Danny's a schmo and deserved it. It doesn't even say that Danny's not a hypocrite and a liar.

If LaVar was wrong, Danny's not going to let him come back. If LaVar was right, Danny's not going to let him come back. If you publicly call your boss a hypocrite and a liar, whether or not you are right, do you not realize the consequence of that?

Yes you keep pointing out the fact that Lavar and the Redskins Orginazation are not on good terms. Tell us something we dont know already.

My hope is that they are just able to get past there differences. Yes it is a longshot. So what ! nothing wrong with me hoping it can happen.

Lavar, I for one would welcome you with open arms. Come back native son you are still my hero.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:32 am

Aye, here's some other people that graced the funeral...

LaVar Arrington, Antonio Pierce, Lemar Marshall, Jeremy Shockey, Andre Johnson, Chad Johnson, Antrel Rolle, Devin Hester, Ryan Clark, Julius Peppers, Robert Royal, Darrell Green, John Riggins, Charles Mann, Sonny Jurgensen, Sam Huff, Derrick Dockery, Cory Raymer, John Hall, Jesse Jackson, Zema Williams (Chief Zee)

Just an FYI

redskinsmiley

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:42 pm

I haven't seen Lavar's comments on ST yet. I was hoping I had recorded it, but found out yesterday that it ran longer than scheduled.

I'll find it on YouTube or something.

I want to start this out stating that I am a Lavar fan, and still wear my Lavar jersey (it's in my rotation of gameday jerseys)

I was, however, one of those people who was glad to see Lavar go. Not because I didn't like him, but because I saw, as I'm sure the team saw, a pattern of injury suggestive of a linebacker that would have a hard time staying healthy.

Lavar is a humble person. He admits when he is wrong (as far as I can tell), and I'll give you an example.

He complained through several weeks in '05 that he was "ready to go" and said that the coaches "just weren't letting him play". He never specified, or suggested why, he just said that it was the coaches decision, but he had been 100% for several weeks and he was ready to go.

Anybody else remember that? The controversy about was-he or wasn't-he, and that stuff about him blowing big plays in the past because he never followed the system and blah blah blah...

He finally got his chance to play, in the game where we got destroyed by the Giants 35-0. Very first thing I remember hearing from Lavar was "the coaches were right to have kept me out, I guess I really wasn't 100%" (I know I put it in quotes, but I paraphrased it to give an example of what he said, not an actual quote).

I didn't want to see him go to the Giants, but I correctly predicted he wouldn't finish the season.

The Redskins were absolutely right to get rid of him when they did. There was no way they could do it that was going to make everybody happy. Shipping him off to New York was probably the best solution. I may not know as much about the cap as BH, but I'm sure it helped us cap-wise (compared to simply cutting him, or continuing to allow him to sit out games)

As much as we love Lavar, I doubt he's a shoo in for the HOF. I doubt that it matters much whether he retires as a Redskin or not. I don't see much use for him in the organization, or on the team, but what do I know?

I had seen him in a guest role on Comcast SportsNet with Ray and Chick, and as far as I'm concerned, liked him in that role. I would actually prefer to see him as a regular with Ray and Chick.

That to me, would be the best homecoming for him, I could imagine.

Postby skinsfan#33 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:05 pm

BossHog wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:Wait a second! Cutting Lavar was not a front office blunder. They got cap relief for a player they no longer thought was worth the money they were paying him.

Funny how people only remember that the Redskins cut him for cap relief and not that lavar NEEDLESSLY re-did his contract completely to allow them to do so. He lost millions doing so. Millions that he could have just kept and screwed the Redskins on the contract that they had already agreed to years before.

Without him doing so... we'd have had millions and millions more in dead cap AND WOULDN'T LIKELY HAVE BEEN ABLE TO JETTISON THE CONTRACT.

Boss,
I didn't forget that Lavar gave money back to get out of his contract. Maybe I didn't spell it out but when I said they got cap relief that is what I meant.
Anyone that has been a Skinsfan for a while would know that :wink:

I agree that they couldn't have afforded to cut him without him restructuring his contract. Yes, he gave back millions, but he wanted the heck out of Dodge that bad. And the team was certainly glad to let him go, because they knew his knees were shot!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:26 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:Aye, here's some other people that graced the funeral...

LaVar Arrington, Antonio Pierce, Lemar Marshall, Jeremy Shockey, Andre Johnson, Chad Johnson, Antrel Rolle, Devin Hester, Ryan Clark, Julius Peppers, Robert Royal, Darrell Green, John Riggins, Charles Mann, Sonny Jurgensen, Sam Huff, Derrick Dockery, Cory Raymer, John Hall, Jesse Jackson, Zema Williams (Chief Zee)

Just an FYI

redskinsmiley

I was glad to see all of them attend. It showed how much Sean Taylor touched peoples lives. Amazing how many people ST knew. So many people who loved Sean Taylor.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Return to Sean Taylor Tribute