Who are those guys in Capitals uniforms?

Washington Capitals, Washington Nationals, Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, and D.C. United... all go here!
The Punisher

Who are those guys in Capitals uniforms?

Postby Bob 0119 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:46 pm

Bruce Boudreau has come into the NHL guns blazing. They are 6-3-1 since he took over, have won 4 of their last five, and won their last three straight!

Never mind the fact that for at least the last three victories, he has done so without Chris Clark, Boyd Gordon, and Mike Nylander.

And these games haven't been against what you might refer to as cupcake opponents. He's beaten the Devils, and the Rangers with goals from unexpected scorers.

He has definately lit a fire under these guys. They are skating better, and attacking better than they have in what seems like forever. It's definately nice to see them win again, and to not feel that sense of dread against a tough opponent. I'm actually looking forward to this week's game against Buffalo.

Don't look now, but I think we may have found our new coach!

Here's hoping the winning continues!

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:58 pm

not to mention that Mike Green took over the lead in goals for defensemen for the entire NHL. He's got 8, five of which have been scored since Boudreau came to town.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

----------

Postby Steve Spurrier III » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:01 pm

They do look good. That Rangers game was the most entertaining hockey I've seen in quite a while.

Are we getting a third edition of THN on Ice?
I'm bored, I'm broke, and I'm back.

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:53 pm

I'm liking the fire that Boudreau has lit under their ass.

Not only that, he is also giving legitimate playing time the younger guys who have worked hard all year.

I like what he has brought to the team so far.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:37 pm

Steve Spurrier III wrote:Are we getting a third edition of THN on Ice?

We are. It's been a challenge getting everything done in time for the content to be relavent. The Caps play three or four games per week, and once a game is played, half of what we have is irrellavent. It's coming though.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:01 am

So, we only lost to the best team in the league tonight (Detroit for future reference), but it took a shootout for them to put us away.

We've looked better, but we still played them pretty tight.

Last I checked we moved up from last-place to tied-for-last-place with Atlanta!

That's 1-point away from being 4th in our division, 3 points away from being tied for second, and eight points behind first place; Carolina.

The division is tight as of 12/17/07

Carolina 17-14-3 for 37 points
Florida 15-16-2 for 32 points
Tampa 14-16-3 for 31 points
Atlanta 14-17-1 for 29 points
CAPS 13-18-3 for 29 points

I've got a good feeling about this team! Maybe not necessarily a Stanley Cup feeling just yet, but if they continue playing the way they are now, we just might see a playoff berth!

Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:34 am

Steve Spurrier III wrote:They do look good. That Rangers game was the most entertaining hockey I've seen in quite a while.

Are we getting a third edition of THN on Ice?

Let me chime in here... there have just been so many things contribute to not being able to do a podcast... I personally have had TWO complete system re-builds in the last 6-8 weeks... two TOTAL meltdowns... JansenFan had only had one total meltdown until this weekend and then had another... We also had an awful lot of added obligations with the senseless tragedy of Sean.

To be perfectly honest, I can't wait to get back to the podcasts... I just don't know if it's sensible to even try to do so during the Redskins regular season. I will say this... come the football off-season, I'll find the time to do the podcast... and I apologize for not being able to pump one out in the last few weeks.

----------

Postby Steve Spurrier III » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:21 am

I completley understand. I'm sure football season is busy enough as it is, let alone this crazy month.

But back to the question at hand (who are those guys in Caps uniforms?), I have a theory. Stand back.

Perhaps it is not the men that changed, but the uniforms themselves. For those who have forgotten how awesome I now am for having my question read to Capitals majority owner Ted Leonsis, I think this would be a good time to remind you. A portion:

Steve Spurrier III wrote:What has been the team's reaction to the new uniform system? If the players were incredibly displeased with Reebok's product, would the franchise consider trying to go back to the old style?

If I recall correctly, Leonsis said he hadn't heard anything but would check. As it turns out, the answers were "negative" and "yes":

Washington Capitals this week [nixed] Reebok’s uniform system.

The Caps, unanimously, voted to toxic waste site what Reebok delivered to them this autumn and revert to the fabric of last season’s sweaters. The vote was unanimous. Wednesday’s game versus the Rags was the debut of the Caps’ relief from all that drowning sensation.

Link Me!

Seriously though, it's pretty impressive what a failure those new uniforms have been - on a similar scale to that new ball the NBA tried to introduce. It kills me how these leagues, who all have real problems to deal with, waste their time trying to fix something that isn't broken.
I'm bored, I'm broke, and I'm back.

Return to Washington Sports Teams