Ovechkin on a Segway

Washington Capitals, Washington Nationals, Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, and D.C. United... all go here!
FanFromAnnapolis

Ovechkin on a Segway

Postby Irn-Bru » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:12 am

"Hey Segway guy," the Park Police officer was shouting at Alex Ovechkin. "You can't ride in there."

Ovechkin, wearing his red Caps jersey and yes, riding a Segway, scooted out of the tourist-dotted maze that encircles the National Christmas tree, smiling his gap-toothed smile.

"I'm sorry officer, he got away from me," apologized Mary Ann Melville, a tour guide from Capital Segway.

The officer gave a stern lecture, something about where and where not to ride your Segway, and about how his sergeant was getting irritated. Ovechkin scooted about in circles and waited for the speech to end.

"All right, see you!" he finally said to the officer, and sped off.

And that's pretty much how the afternoon went. Briefly, the back story: Mike Green had recently complained to a team employee of boredom. She suggested he take a tour of D.C. He said his legs were tired. He had passed great numbers of Segway tours on his way to the Verizon Center, so they decided Segways would be the way to go. Matt Bradley was recruited. It became something of a media event. And Alex Ovechin and Nicklas Backstrom ended up on board.

Read the rest. . .
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:31 am

:roll:

I'm tired of these star athletes thinking they can get away with anything. Segway riding at the National Tree!!?????

What was he thinking?

Frickin' prima donna.

:lol:
Back and better than ever!

Return to Washington Sports Teams