Taylor suspects enter pleas of 'not guilty'

In memory of Sean Taylor. Please post all thoughts, well-wishes and prayers here.
Hog

Postby roybus14 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:15 pm

GS,

You make valid points but as a law abiding citizen that does not look for trouble, want to be in trouble, etc., I am sick of all of this stuff going on in this country.

Let me ask you this and maybe you have some insight based on your experience, what's the difference between the justice system here and the justice system in some Asian countries where the police don't even carry guns? I've heard stories of how they deal with crime there and how the deal with it is one of the reasons why it appears low....
Sean Taylor - 1983-2007 R.I.P.... Forever A Skin.....

Hog

Postby GSPODS » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:22 pm

roybus14 wrote:GS,

You make valid points but as a law abiding citizen that does not look for trouble, want to be in trouble, etc., I am sick of all of this stuff going on in this country.

Let me ask you this and maybe you have some insight based on your experience, what's the difference between the justice system here and the justice system in some Asian countries where the police don't even carry guns? I've heard stories of how they deal with crime there and how the deal with it is one of the reasons why it appears low....

I can only speak intelligently about the law such as it is. I keep my personal opinions and the law separate because my personal opinion does not usually agree with the court interpretation of the law as written.

Many foreign nations have one major difference: They do not allow their citizens to possess guns. No guns = no gun crimes. And many of those same nations have the penalty of hanging, stoning, beheading, drowning, boiling in oil, even tarring and feathering. Those are deterrents to stupid crimes. Three hots and a cot, a la the American Justice system is not a deterrent to any crime. It's worse to wish they would kill you to stop the pain than it is to be sentenced to death.

My 2 cents

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:32 am

Forget these scum bags.

They deserve no mercy whatso ever. Throw the book at them judge or jury.

All I hope for is justice.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Return to Sean Taylor Tribute