What are our rankings and do they really matter?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
+++

What are our rankings and do they really matter?

Postby NikiH » Fri Oct 03, 2003 11:41 am

I read one place our Offense is ranked 4th, then on sportsline it ranks us as 2nd offensively. But defensively they agree that we are 13th. That sounds so low after all the interceptions we saw last week. What is this ranking exactly and what does it mean? Is that 13th in the entire NFL? And how does this improve? Tackles, Sacks, Interceptions, fumble recoverys?? What goes into figuring this out. And what does Patrick's rating have to do with our offensive rating? I know alot of questions, sorry! Just trying to figure this out. Part of me wants to think it's like a policitical poll, means just about nothing but giving the media something to talk about. LOL :?:
Whenever I start to get blue, I just breathe!

My favortie line from the Simpsons:

Flanders: "Looks like someone is having a pre-rapture party!"

Homer: "No Flanders, it's a meeting of gay witches for abortion , you wouldn't be interested!"

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Fri Oct 03, 2003 12:34 pm

most of the time rankings are yds per game. offense and defense. meaning you avg. so many yards a game, as compared to the rest of the league. passer rating rates only the passing of the qb. sacks, fumbles, handoffs, and qb scrambles are not figured into this equation. it just gives a general idea on how the qb threw the ball. there are stats and rankings for pretty much any aspect. go to nfl.com and click on stats. there you can see individual, team, total offense, total defense, etc, etc. hope i didn't confuse you.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football