Javon Walker and Ocho Cinco to be shopped?

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
Hog

Javon Walker and Ocho Cinco to be shopped?

Postby por-tiz2skins » Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:06 am

Walker:

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports Javon Walker will be shopped by the Broncos this offseason.
If the Broncos can get a first-day pick for Walker, it appears they'll pull the trigger, although that may be unlikely because of Walker's knee. He's more likely to get release in our mind than traded.

Chad:

Adam Schefter reports that a "showdown is looming" between Chad Johnson and the Bengals.
If T.J. Houshmandzadeh gets a contract extension as expected, Ocho Cinco is going to make a stink about his below-market deal. There are indications he already has, and may ask to be dealt this offseason. The Bengals don't seem willing to move Johnson, but a possible holdout or trade request looks like a possibility.

Now IMO ,I would say Chad Johnson but his attitude,lately has caused me to be much less interested in him.But Javon Walker........I mean 6'3 and has been to the pro-bowl but main problem is hes really an injury prone.

Should we show interest? .I mean if Walker comes to us he'll come in with alot of play making ability's epically of his height.I would trade a good 3rd round pick ...nothing else.And if we do acquire Walker I would still draft a WR in the second round,as a back up plain and to develop him as a future WR.

So how about it guys Walker in a skins uniform?.Also Albert Hanyestworth is reported to be a FA but I wouldnt want him now but you can talk about him to.
R.I.P

Sean Taylor-21#
Greatest safety ever and the most feared hardest hitting safety ever.

"I swear I'll Honor the number 21#"

-Clinton Portis

piglet

Postby jmskins26 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:44 am

I wouldn't i like a second rounder at WR this year. a big guy should do
maybe adarious bowman limas sweed or james hardy if he enters
R.I.P Justin Skaggs
R.I.P Kevin Mitchell
R.I.P Sean Taylor

HTTR

Hog

Postby absinthe1023 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:57 am

Walker gets injured rolling out of bed in the morning, and Ocho Stinko isn't even the best WR on his own team anymore.

With that being said, Walker is worth signing to an incentive-laden deal if Denver releases him.
I think the Bengals will demand too much for Johnson for him to be traded; he'll either get a new deal from them or pull a T.O. and sit out the year.

Also, congratulations to por-tiz2skins for using correct grammar and not making any spelling errors in the entire thread title!
"No one played with more heart."

-Clinton Portis on Sean Taylor

As of 11/27/07, I resolve to never again read any version of the Washington Post.

Hog

Postby por-tiz2skins » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:53 am

absinthe1023 wrote:Walker gets injured rolling out of bed in the morning, and Ocho Stinko isn't even the best WR on his own team anymore.

With that being said, Walker is worth signing to an incentive-laden deal if Denver releases him.
I think the Bengals will demand too much for Johnson for him to be traded; he'll either get a new deal from them or pull a T.O. and sit out the year.

Also, congratulations to por-tiz2skins for using correct grammar and not making any spelling errors in the entire thread title!
Been practicing...know what Im saying?.Any way! if Walker does infact become a free agent than we should get him "IF!" the price is right.
BTW found a good highlight of Walker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US8TpueYgXQ

I mean hes about 28-29 and hopefully he gets release and we pick him up.
R.I.P

Sean Taylor-21#
Greatest safety ever and the most feared hardest hitting safety ever.

"I swear I'll Honor the number 21#"

-Clinton Portis

swine

Postby Redskins913 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:49 am

Walker is known for having an attitude problem, (see Brandon Lloyd) so if Gibbs is still the coach it is unlikely Walker will come to Washington

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:57 am

I wouldnt mind getting Chad.

But, I much rather have an all around big physical receiver. One who can block and give it his all.

Art Monk comes to mind.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Postby LOSTHOG » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:07 am

It's going to be hard to pick who stays or goes with these guys. I say keep Moss,ARE,RC. I think Thrash will be here because of special teams, but the way Mix is playing maybe he won't. I think we will only grab one receiver and maybe try to hide on on the practice squad.

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:42 am

I want no part of Javon Walker.

What has he done is Denver since he arrived there? Nothing thats what. Why? He has been injured most of the time. No way!

Ocho Cinco? Hmmmm..... I like Ocho Cinco but Cincinatti willl likely ask for a whole lot of compensation. So I say no.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:55 am

I think we are good with what we have. Caldwell is nice 3rd or 4th option, Moss is definite starter next year IMO. Give Mix a chance. He's earned his spot on ST at least, might as well give the guy some rope, he can either hang himself or rescue himself. FA could go to DE, OL, back-up QB and replacing Prileou (sp).
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

Hog

Postby LOSTHOG » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:17 pm

I agree with giving Mix a chance. He will pretty much know the offense by at least training camp if not mini camp. He already has a good relationship with JC. Those two may become a formidable duo.

piggie

Postby num1skinsfan » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:47 pm

Javon Walker.... depends on the physical condition of his knee... he has had multiple bouts with it.. He is a definate play maker, but age and gimpy knee makes him less appealing. It's age/knee versus price and compesation to Denver...
Ocho Cinco, I like him, he is a little inconsistent, but they said that about Randy Moss. A change of scenery & contract might do it. He would be a great compliment to Santana Moss ... I say go for Chad Johnson if within reason ....
"The harder I work the luckier I get"....
- Jack Kent Cook 1983

Hog

Postby JCaptMorgan12 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:44 pm

here is an article about Ocho Cinco wanting out of Cincy...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3228585
My children, gather round! No retreat, no surrender; that is Spartan law. And by Spartan law we will stand and fight... and die. A new age has begun. An age of freedom, and all will know, that 300 Spartans gave their last breaths to defend it!

Hog

Postby funbuncher » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:15 pm

the Cincinnati Enquirer reports that the Bengals are unlikely to deal Ocho Cinco, because they'd take an $8.8 million salary-cap hit if he's dealt or released -- that's $2.5 million more than if he stays on the roster.

fanball.com

Return to General Manager's Office