Since the season is over sadly i found out the 2008 FA

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!

Who should we get

Terrell Sugs
36%
Haynsworth from tennessee
64%

Total votes : 11
|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:11 am

CanesSkins26 wrote:

Albert Haynesworth is outstanding. I do think that we need a defensive end more than a DT right now though.

I'm usually against signing big money free agents, preferring to build through the draft, but Haynesworth is a guy that I hope the Skins make a serious run at. The guy is an absolute monster. I also think that DT is just as much of a need as a DE. Griffin is very talented but he isn't getting the same type of penetration as he used too and Montgomery to me is a backup. Best case scenario in my mind is drafting a guy like Calais Campbell and singing Haynesworth. That would basically turn what is a weakness into a strength.

Free agent OG, Alan Faneca, we obviously need another guard. Faneca fits the bill and is a perennial pro bowler. Can we say money, money , money.

Faneca is a very good player, however, we need to get younger on the oline and signing a 31 year old guard doesn't fit the bill. I would prefer to see us address the oline through the draft, drafting guys for depth that can eventually take over as starters.

You make a good point about Faneca he is getting older.

But , there is no reason why we cant sign Faneca and draft a young stud to groom.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:45 pm

We all saw what Haynesworth did during that game and everyone was pretty ticked off about it, I myself included but to say lets not get him because of that is ubsurd. The guy did something totally ridiculous on the field, but its not like he's Pacman or someone like dat. How many good players are you folks willing to let go because of something that dumb? He hasn't messed up with the Titans since and has proven to be a real good player. I say if we have a chance to grab him, do it and lets get him familiar with our system.

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:08 pm

He's also the guy who stomped (I think) Gurode last in the '06 season. I stand by my opinion. He's not slicing bread a new, better way and we don't need stuff like that here.
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

Hog

Postby BnGhog » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:53 pm

VetSkinsFan wrote:He's also the guy who stomped (I think) Gurode last in the '06 season. I stand by my opinion. He's not slicing bread a new, better way and we don't need stuff like that here.

Yes he stomped his 300lb football cleats on a mans face who was on the ground defenseless with no helmet on. Now, thats dirty.

Plus, Isn't he the guy that also, got into a fight with Pacman at a club just a few months ago?
I firmly believe the Patriots are the antichrist.

piggie

Postby Assasin atm » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:08 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:
How about Glen Dorsey? He might not be there at 21 in the Draft though.

He likely wont be around at #2 in the draft. The guy is a monster and I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Dolphins took him first overall.

Theres always a chance that Chris Long might fall to 21 but i doudt it. He's got the versatility to play defensive end and maybe outside linebacker. High energy- but i dont see the skins filling their d-line holes through the draft.
VOTE FOR A HUGE REDSKIN FANETTE BREAST AUGMENTATION FINALIST

wjfk website
MAKE MY BODY A HOTTIE CONTEST
HOTTIE #5

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:51 am

BnGhog wrote:
VetSkinsFan wrote:He's also the guy who stomped (I think) Gurode last in the '06 season. I stand by my opinion. He's not slicing bread a new, better way and we don't need stuff like that here.

Yes he stomped his 300lb football cleats on a mans face who was on the ground defenseless with no helmet on. Now, thats dirty.

Plus, Isn't he the guy that also, got into a fight with Pacman at a club just a few months ago?

Was also told from a co-worker that he's had anger issues in his past even in college. I haven't verified this to be true, yet.
...any given Sunday....

GSPODS:

Hog

Postby por-tiz2skins » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:57 am

VetSkinsFan wrote:
CanesSkins26 wrote:

Albert Haynesworth is outstanding. I do think that we need a defensive end more than a DT right now though.

I'm usually against signing big money free agents, preferring to build through the draft, but Haynesworth is a guy that I hope the Skins make a serious run at. The guy is an absolute monster. I also think that DT is just as much of a need as a DE. Griffin is very talented but he isn't getting the same type of penetration as he used too and Montgomery to me is a backup. Best case scenario in my mind is drafting a guy like Calais Campbell and singing Haynesworth. That would basically turn what is a weakness into a strength.

Don't like 'em. He's dirty and undisciplined. We don't need that kinda attitude here.
Well guess what.............the best players today have attitude.We could of gotten T.O and instead overpaid Randle el(which was still good)and got Lloyd.......And you know what else???????If we actully stop being so nice and had people who play great with does attitude than we would of been in the superbowl by now.

I mean come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!ALBERT HANESWORTH is a monster much better than Griffin and would make our DL alot better and you don't want that?.

I can care less about him hitting some one,but all I care about is seeing him be a redskins and become a true one.And to see him collpasing that line and make us win a superbowl.

I:M tired of this(we wont sign bad guys )Im tired of that lets change right now.Hes not a problem to the locker room?????so whats the problem?.
R.I.P

Sean Taylor-21#
Greatest safety ever and the most feared hardest hitting safety ever.

"I swear I'll Honor the number 21#"

-Clinton Portis

Hog

Postby por-tiz2skins » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:01 am

VetSkinsFan wrote:
BnGhog wrote:

Was also told from a co-worker that he's had anger issues in his past even in college. I haven't verified this to be true, yet.
Well nobody likes Tennese.You guys saw Vince Young fighting didn't you????O but hes a good guy.And I mean if he fought Pacman than I mean I can see why....Pacman hit a girl so wouldn't that give you a clue to what Pacman really is?.

Also He doesn't have anger issues,but he didn't mean to do that to Bledsoe it got out of had and he is sorry .If we sign him its very very worth it,he'll change like every other guys.Huge difference maker and can change,our team is lovable and it can change.
R.I.P

Sean Taylor-21#
Greatest safety ever and the most feared hardest hitting safety ever.

"I swear I'll Honor the number 21#"

-Clinton Portis

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:39 pm

Trying to kick Pacman's ass is a bad thing?
Suck and Luck

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:52 pm

I understand that he's a dominant force. The fact I'm stuck on is that he's undisciplined. No discipline means disruption in cohesion. I think JG did a pretty good job of bringing this team together and bringing in this kind of attitude is NOT what I want for the team. He'd going to cost big bucks we don't have and going to bring drama into the locker room. You can use horable grammer, CAPS, and lots of !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all you want.... your lofty fantasy dream teams don't work in the real world.

Last I read, we're 20M over CAP. That leaves that much more effort getting UNDER the cap enough to actually sign these people. Hell, why not talk about travelling back in time to pick up Roger Staubach, Art Monk, Jim Brown, and Darrell Green! That has the same chance of happening as all your other completely moronic suggestions at free-agency....
...any given Sunday....

GSPODS:

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:22 pm

ALBERT HANESWORTH is a monster

Game, set, match. The man is a monster. Let's leave it at that. Whatever team he plays for is, at some point, going to be looking for a new DT, because: 1. the league has him on a short leash, and: 2. he's going to blow it. He can't help it... it's what he does. :roll:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:37 am

Game, set, match. The man is a monster. Let's leave it at that. Whatever team he plays for is, at some point, going to be looking for a new DT, because: 1. the league has him on a short leash, and: 2. he's going to blow it. He can't help it... it's what he does. Rolling Eyes

That's an overly simplistic outlook. Haynesworth is a young guy and we have seen first hand how much a young player can grow and mature in this league. The bulk of his problems have occurred on the field because of his aggressiveness. I'm not really opposed to having a guy on the defensive line that has a bit of an attitude. There are plenty of players in the NFL that have done far worse and there have been a number of Redskins players that have had bigger problems than Haynesworth.
Suck and Luck

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:17 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:
Game, set, match. The man is a monster. Let's leave it at that. Whatever team he plays for is, at some point, going to be looking for a new DT, because: 1. the league has him on a short leash, and: 2. he's going to blow it. He can't help it... it's what he does. Rolling Eyes

That's an overly simplistic outlook. Haynesworth is a young guy and we have seen first hand how much a young player can grow and mature in this league. The bulk of his problems have occurred on the field because of his aggressiveness. I'm not really opposed to having a guy on the defensive line that has a bit of an attitude. There are plenty of players in the NFL that have done far worse and there have been a number of Redskins players that have had bigger problems than Haynesworth.

Yeah I'm not so down on him because of that stomping incident. Alarming, yes, but people make mistakes.

Why I wouldn't want us to sign him:

1. His best year occured in his contract year. 6 sacks this year, twice as much as any other year. Dominated. Great, except that makes me nervous; doesn't anyone else remember Dana Stubblefield?
2. He's going to want a lot of money. And he'll get it from someone.
3. He's got a history of injuries. He only played in 16 games his rookie season...he's missed 20 games in the past 5 seasons. I can't see, as he ages, that he'll get healthier and miss less games than what he's been missing.

So, you're going to pay someone huge bucks for at most, 12 games a season? That's not too smart.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:12 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:

You have no problem making excuses for the behavior, that's just too bad. He is at least 24, which is clearly beyond this type of infantile behavior. I don't really care that it was a game situation... he should have been charged and convicted of assault and battery. The bottom line is, the best predictor of future behavior is (wait for it........)

PAST behavior. The man is a thug. Stomping the face of a defenseless opponent is just the surface. He will do something equally stupid in the future, and his team (whichever it is) will be stuck with a hole.

Regardless... it won't be the Redskins.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:53 am

Countertrey wrote:
CanesSkins26 wrote:

You have no problem making excuses for the behavior, that's just too bad. He is at least 24, which is clearly beyond this type of infantile behavior. I don't really care that it was a game situation... he should have been charged and convicted of assault and battery. The bottom line is, the best predictor of future behavior is (wait for it........)

PAST behavior. The man is a thug. Stomping the face of a defenseless opponent is just the surface. He will do something equally stupid in the future, and his team (whichever it is) will be stuck with a hole.

Regardless... it won't be the Redskins.

I completely agree. Until he turns his life an attitude around POSITIVELY, like ST had appeared to do, then I don't want 'em. We've done good keeping thugs out of the skins locker room, let's keep it that way.
...any given Sunday....

GSPODS:

Return to General Manager's Office