If Briggs dosn't work out....

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
spudstr04

If Briggs dosn't work out....

Postby spudstr04 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:29 pm

The Dallas Morning News relays a rumor that the Cowboys are shopping DE Marcus Spears and LB Bobby Carpenter in trade talks.

Spears is a solid defensive end, but has never lived up to his first-round draft position. The Cowboys could move Jay Ratliff outside to take his job, with Jason Ferguson and Tank Johnson rotating inside. Carpenter, another first-round pick, just isn't a good fit in a 3-4 defense. He'd be a nice addition for 4-3 team looking to add depth at OLB.

http://www.rotoworld.com

It all depends on whether we are still a 4-3 team next year...I have sense that we are about to totally implode the coaching staff. Anyway, these two would add great depth and would help us scout the Dallas Defense.
#21 = Forever in our hearts

Postby yupchagee » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:46 pm

Depends on what the Cowboys want in return. Neither has been a big producer. Maybe a couple of low picks.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:46 pm

Why would the Cowboys trade with us?
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:52 pm

Did we actually sign Briggs?
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Mmmm...donuts
Location: How much text will they let me fit in this 'Location' space? I mean, can I just keep writing and wr

Postby joebagadonuts » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:53 pm

No way the Cowboys trade within the division.
I'm a jack of all trades, the master of three
Rockin' the tables, rockin' the mikes, rockin' the young lay-dees.

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:00 pm

HEROHAMO wrote:Did we actually sign Briggs?

Uh it's not free agency time....

Return to General Manager's Office