Best unknown cornerback in 2008 Draft

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
|||

Best unknown cornerback in 2008 Draft

Postby HEROHAMO » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:00 am

This guy is great in coverage and also is very tall for a corner. I would love for Gibbs to draft this guy. He could serve as the corner to cover T.O. and Randy Moss for years to come. I am really hoping we draft this guy.

He is 6-2 180lbs and runs a 4.3, read more under his profile.

http://www.nfldraftdog.com/2008_nfl_dra ... omarti.htm
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:55 pm

I told you guys about this kid. He is great. I should be GM for Washington. hehe

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Postby Sir_Monk » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:26 pm

I watched him in the senior bowl, thought he was pretty good.
Bruce has the authority. When Bruce makes the decision, it's a Redskins decision.

Fire Bruce Boudreau

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:05 am

We should draft this guy. He could even play saftey if needed.

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Postby absinthe1023 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:12 am

It would be awesome to get this guy in Round 5, but there will probably be a LB or FB from Northeast West Virginia A&M who will be drafted by the 'Skins instead.... ;)
"No one played with more heart."

-Clinton Portis on Sean Taylor

As of 11/27/07, I resolve to never again read any version of the Washington Post.

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:09 pm

absinthe1023 wrote:It would be awesome to get this guy in Round 5, but there will probably be a LB or FB from Northeast West Virginia A&M who will be drafted by the 'Skins instead.... ;)

His stock has risen. He was projected to go in the second round. After the Senior Bowl he is now a projected first rounder.

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Postby andyjens89 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:24 pm

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
CB | (6'1", 181, 4.44) | TENNESSEE STATE

Scouts Grade: 67
View by: Player | NCAA School | Position | NFL Team | Flag | All Ranked Players | NFL Draft History
You are signed into Insider and have access to the exclusive draft content below.

Strengths: Shows adequate top-end speed and can use long arms to knock passes away when caught in a trail position. Gets adequate knee bend in backpedal and shows adequate closing speed coming forward. Reads quarterback's eyes, aggressive and jumps routes. Is tall and can compete for jump balls. Has good ball skills, is a playmaker in coverage and flashes the ability to pick up big chunks of yards after turnovers. Plays with a good motor and makes plays in pursuit. Wraps up upon contact and is a reliable open field tackler. Blocked a kick last year and can contribute on special teams.

Weaknesses: Played at a small school and there is some concern about ability to make the jump to the NFL. Doesn't have great bulk for frame and bigger receivers will have some success shielding him from the ball. Takes too long to open hips when forced to turn and run and lacks the second gear to recover once caught out of position. Hasn't great upper body strength, doesn't always use hands well and can take too long to shed blocks.

Overall: Rogers-Cromartie has played in 33 games over the last three seasons (2004-'06) recording 121 total tackles, six tackles for loss, nine interceptions, and 14 pass breakups. Rodgers-Cromartie is a playmaker who possesses a good blend of height and burst. However, he is a small-school prospect and he doesn't have elite size or speed raising concerns about his ability to compete at the NFL level.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/player?id=11772
XVII XXII XXVI

Hog

Postby absinthe1023 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:30 pm

andyjens89 wrote:

View by: Player | NCAA School | Position | NFL Team | Flag | All Ranked Players | NFL Draft History
You are signed into Insider and have access to the exclusive draft content below.

Strengths: Shows adequate top-end speed and can use long arms to knock passes away when caught in a trail position. Gets adequate knee bend in backpedal and shows adequate closing speed coming forward. Reads quarterback's eyes, aggressive and jumps routes. Is tall and can compete for jump balls. Has good ball skills, is a playmaker in coverage and flashes the ability to pick up big chunks of yards after turnovers. Plays with a good motor and makes plays in pursuit. Wraps up upon contact and is a reliable open field tackler. Blocked a kick last year and can contribute on special teams.

Weaknesses: Played at a small school and there is some concern about ability to make the jump to the NFL. Doesn't have great bulk for frame and bigger receivers will have some success shielding him from the ball. Takes too long to open hips when forced to turn and run and lacks the second gear to recover once caught out of position. Hasn't great upper body strength, doesn't always use hands well and can take too long to shed blocks.

Overall: Rogers-Cromartie has played in 33 games over the last three seasons (2004-'06) recording 121 total tackles, six tackles for loss, nine interceptions, and 14 pass breakups. Rodgers-Cromartie is a playmaker who possesses a good blend of height and burst. However, he is a small-school prospect and he doesn't have elite size or speed raising concerns about his ability to compete at the NFL level.

I would be highly surprised if he's a first rounder based on this assessment, but we'll see if a team gets desperate and reaches for him. I still think 5th round or late 4th for this guy, but I'm no GM....
"No one played with more heart."

-Clinton Portis on Sean Taylor

As of 11/27/07, I resolve to never again read any version of the Washington Post.

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:32 pm

No more first round defensive backs. We need defensive linemen not corners. Look what the Giants have done with a great defensive line and mediocre corners. Our defensive line is terrible. Bring in some guys that can collapse the pocket and pressure the qb.
Suck and Luck

Hog

Postby Jeremy81 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:35 pm

what's his relation to antonio cromartie?

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:51 am

absinthe1023 wrote:
andyjens89 wrote:

I would be highly surprised if he's a first rounder based on this assessment, but we'll see if a team gets desperate and reaches for him. I still think 5th round or late 4th for this guy, but I'm no GM....

So far his stock has risen high after locking receivers down in the Senior Bowl. If his combine workout is good as well, then I am sure he will go 1-3 round.

He had a pick in the Senior Bowl which is very encouraging.

If his stock falls, that would be good so the Skins could pick him up.

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Return to General Manager's Office