Caps go for first place after comefrom behind win!

Washington Capitals, Washington Nationals, Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, and D.C. United... all go here!
Hog

Caps go for first place after comefrom behind win!

Postby Sir_Monk » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:22 am

Man, what a game last night! I am getting kind of tired of listening to Steve Kolbe on the internet broadcast, but it is better then nothing.

Ovechkin is a beast!!!!

COLUMBUS, Ohio, Feb. 5 -- Hockey players are often quick to complain about the officiating, right or wrong.
This Story

Tuesday night at Nationwide Arena, the Washington Capitals had every reason to be furious with Bill McCreary after the veteran referee tripped up a defenseman in the third period, leading directly to the Columbus Blue Jackets' go-ahead goal.

More here
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 03706.html[/url]
Bruce has the authority. When Bruce makes the decision, it's a Redskins decision.

Fire Bruce Boudreau

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:59 am

The refs are part of the playing surface, and sometimes they are bound to get in the way. That being said, McCreary looked like he cross-checked him and then put his hands on his back and held him down. It was bizarre to say the least. They still won though, so no harm no foul, I suppose.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:49 pm

JansenFan wrote:The refs are part of the playing surface, and sometimes they are bound to get in the way. That being said, McCreary looked like he cross-checked him and then put his hands on his back and held him down. It was bizarre to say the least. They still won though, so no harm no foul, I suppose.

I agree, it seemed like it should have been a "Too many men on the Ice" penalty

I was furious when it happened, but calmed considerably when we won!

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:26 am

Just imagined that Synder could outsource himself to India...maybe there is a better team owner closer to home.

Why not hire Ted Leonsis to own the Redskins? Snyder could still dress up like a Redskins coach, still invite Tom Cruise to his luxury box, still have someone fly him around in "Redskin1".

All he needs to do is let Leonsis operate the team. A part-time job for Ted.

It just seems like the Caps have been doing things the right way -- much as I sometimes disagreed with George McPhee. Snyder has done well only when Joe Gibbs told him what to do. Now the leader is gone.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:09 am

Sup folks, yes I know our Caps are 1st in the Southeast division but does that mean we're ready for the next step; obviously not. I do hope we can continue this good fortune since we got Bruce Boudreau as our head guy, I mean just look at our record since he got here. Lets not be too hasty though, me included; in the Eastern Conference we're ranked about 8th place and sliding down can happen very easily. Tonight we host Carolina and I think we will be victorious. Plus, we can't lose to the team that's right on our backsides ya know?

GO CAPS!!!!

Return to Washington Sports Teams