Redskins really need ocho cinco

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
piggie

Redskins really need ocho cinco

Postby redskins_89 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:12 am

Look at this way he best friends with moss and portis. He is a awsome WR going to the probowl agian. His dad at one time taught in MD. We probally could afford him if we get rid of Brandon Loyd who we never gave really enough chances lol. Think about it double teaming Chad Johnson because he is so good leaves cooley, portis, betts if possible, moss, and randle el out in the open we will b like the patriots.

Unfreaking Stoppable

Hog

Postby BnGhog » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:31 am

I for one would love to get 85. As some has posted I don't know that we have the cap to do that. Also, Im sure we would have to give up a draft pick.

IMO he is worth it. That is the type of player that can take us to another level.

The fact will still stand, that we will need DL help. If we can't upgrade both we might be just like Cincy or KC a few years back. All Offense and not enough D.

We need upgrades and youth at several positions.

The thought of having an elite WR is so tempting though. Imagine if we had just one more TD per game, where we would have been at the end of the season. That's a big difference to me, and we know he CAN catch more than just one a game too.

But at the same time we need an equally dominate DL that can make just as much impact as 85 but on the Sack numbers instead of TDs.

In fantasy world, these thing would make us all around a dominate team. But then again, there are so many factors other than that. that will have to come together to make that happen.

They have to work good together for one. And when you consider we will be playing differently because of new coaching. We dont' really know where we are at. We know what we did last year and how to improve that. But we don't know how the new coaches is going to affect the outcome of next season. Basically we don’t' know what our strengths and weaknesses are going to be under a new system with new coaches.

But still, a player like Chad, Id love to see him play for the skins.

His upbeat confidence is a big plus for too(although it depends on how you look at it) When you look at Moss taking himself out of a game because he wasn't playing well. Our Offense lacks confidence, the confidence #85 could bring with him, therefore making everyone on the offensive side of the ball play better.
I firmly believe the Patriots are the antichrist.

piggie

Postby redskins_89 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:33 am

some one knows what im talking about lol

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:35 am

:roll:

No

1: Cincy is going to want too much for him.
2: We don't need the cap hit.
3: There is other, good enough, and far cheaper talent availible.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

piggie

Postby redskins_89 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:37 am

we need him seriously if we cut lloyd and brunell that will cover ocho cinco and trade like a second rounder and someone like philiph daniels or Griffen that will help the cap plus other players are going to restructure its easily possible

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:22 pm

We're 20m over ALREADY.... Don't see too many big names coming here via free agency.
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:38 pm

Well, anyone wearing ocho cinco in burgunday and gold will be an upgrade from our current ocho cinco.

I'm really not excited about getting Chad Johnson on this team.
Back and better than ever!

Hog

Postby Sir_Monk » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:48 pm

After watching a team like the Giants win the Super Bowl, I don't get why people can't see the value of building a team though the draft.
Bruce has the authority. When Bruce makes the decision, it's a Redskins decision.

Fire Bruce Boudreau

piggie

Postby redskins_89 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:21 pm

dude we can do it alot of restructuring and stuff

OCHO CINCO = playoff (possibilty first round bye)

trust me we will be just as good as the patriots and on top of that we don't cheat lol

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:23 pm

ONE GUY won't make the difference on the skins this year, I don't care WHO you pick up. We're a decent team with a lot of potential, but there are issues to address, like the DEFENSIVE LINE. a single WR isn't going to invent a new way to slice bread.....
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

Hog

Postby LOSTHOG » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:23 pm

redskins_89 wrote:we need him seriously if we cut lloyd and brunell that will cover ocho cinco and trade like a second rounder and someone like philiph daniels or Griffen that will help the cap plus other players are going to restructure its easily possible

Other teams are not going to take on these huge contracts for post prime players. Plus Cincy will laugh at a 2nd rounder.

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:40 pm

I would love to get Ocho Cinco, but I wouldn't give up a first rounder for him, and that is likely what it is going to take. We aren't one player away from winning a Super Bowl so keep the picks, add some depth, fix the dline, and draft a receiver and some offensive linemen.
Suck and Luck

Hog

Re: Redskins really need ocho cinco

Postby absinthe1023 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:01 pm

redskins_89 wrote: We probally could afford him if we get rid of Brandon Loyd

A team CANNOT swap salary-for-salary like an NBA trade. If Lloyd is cut and Johnson is signed, the team is hit with Lloyd's accelerated cap figure AND Johnson's salary....maybe posters should be required to pass a basic "NFL Salary Cap for Dummies" course before being allowed to post asinine trades/signings here....

redskins_89 wrote:we will b like the patriots.

Unfreaking Stoppable

Last time I checked, the Patriots WERE stopped....
"No one played with more heart."

-Clinton Portis on Sean Taylor

As of 11/27/07, I resolve to never again read any version of the Washington Post.

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:09 am

One thing Snyder is good at is making the salary cap work. I much rather have us draft some talent though. But, if we happen to pick him up I wouldnt mind.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:59 pm

Is this the 85th thread on this subject?
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Return to General Manager's Office