Redskins really need ocho cinco

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:51 am

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7773 ... ng-reasons

Before leaving, Johnson was stopped by a member of the league's media relations department (Michael Lipman) for me and another reporter. I asked Johnson whether he was having a better off-season after venting some of his frustration publicly at the Super Bowl.

Johnson walked off without answering the question. Lipman tried speaking with him again, only to get shoved. The much-bigger Johnson then stared down Lipman before stepping onto a jitney headed toward the players' hotel.

Yeah, this is JUST the type of behavior that we need on the Redskins. Why not sign Haynesworth to handle any on field trouble as well. Then after hours enforcement and entertainment, we can get Pacman. Anyone needs to be 'handled' permanently, we can pick up Tank Johnson and Ray Lewis. Then we can rename the controversial Redskins the "Jailbirds!"
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

Hog

Postby andyjens89 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:21 pm

The Bengals don't plan to trade Johnson. They also don't plan to get a new contract. He's suggested trades to the Washington Redskins or the Miami Dolphins.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3236165
XVII XXII XXVI

Hog

Postby por-tiz2skins » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:19 am

VetSkinsFan wrote:ONE GUY won't make the difference on the skins this year, I don't care WHO you pick up. We're a decent team with a lot of potential, but there are issues to address, like the DEFENSIVE LINE. a single WR isn't going to invent a new way to slice bread.....
We should see if your right than.Alright Danny get us Ocho Cinco.
R.I.P

Sean Taylor-21#
Greatest safety ever and the most feared hardest hitting safety ever.

"I swear I'll Honor the number 21#"

-Clinton Portis

Hog

Postby LOSTHOG » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:22 am

Thank god we do have a salary cap or we would have a payroll that was higher than the national debt.

Postby yupchagee » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:40 pm

LOSTHOG wrote:Thank god we do have a salary cap or we would have a payroll that was higher than the national debt.

What's wrong with that? Danny can afford it.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

swine

Postby funbunch65 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:39 am

I say no way we trade for Chad Johnson. Don't get me wrong he is an exciting player and sells tickets, but as far as the team goes we can do without. It would cost us a 1st and a 3rd round draft pick to acquire him. We finally have some draft picks this year and already we are set to give them away.
This has become a reoccuring theme for us. I'm tired of never having any draft picks. We have a great chance to turn a new leaf and see if we can turn in a nice draft class for once that will have an impact on this organization for years to come.
Dan has things way wrong if he doesn't value draft picks. We will not be seeing a Super Bowl title with him around if he keeps this up fellas.

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:38 pm

por-tiz2skins wrote:
VetSkinsFan wrote:ONE GUY won't make the difference on the skins this year, I don't care WHO you pick up. We're a decent team with a lot of potential, but there are issues to address, like the DEFENSIVE LINE. a single WR isn't going to invent a new way to slice bread.....
We should see if your right than.Alright Danny get us Ocho Cinco.

There will be a more factors than picking up 1 WR, so it will still be tough to judge. Can JC get him the ball if we pick up Johnson (or whoever will fill the #2 receiver position) is another factor. It's really quite dynamic, a lot moreso than saying ocho cinqo= win.
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

Return to General Manager's Office