CJ suggested us and Miami in a trade

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:56 pm

HEROHAMO wrote:You mean like the contracts we have given Brandon Lloyd and Antwan Randle El? :lol:

We dont want to throw away money now do we? That is not the Redskin way. :lol:

CJ is probably looking to get a contract the size of Lloyd and ARE together.

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:34 pm

This may have been noted already but it would cost the Bengals in excess of $8 million to trade CJ, it ain't happening.
RIP Sean Taylor

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:17 pm

Fios wrote:This may have been noted already but it would cost the Bengals in excess of $8 million to trade CJ, it ain't happening.

Well ESPN is reporting that the Redskins owner and head coach are interested in aquiring Chad Johnson.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:19 pm

HEROHAMO wrote:
Fios wrote:This may have been noted already but it would cost the Bengals in excess of $8 million to trade CJ, it ain't happening.

Well ESPN is reporting that the Redskins owner and head coach are interested in aquiring Chad Johnson.

Wow, ESPN is speculating on an off-season trade rumor involving the Redskins? Well, might as well consider it a done deal.
RIP Sean Taylor

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:19 am

Fios wrote:
HEROHAMO wrote:

Wow, ESPN is speculating on an off-season trade rumor involving the Redskins? Well, might as well consider it a done deal.

I never said done deal. I just said that the Skins are interested. You know and I know that there must be some interest in the front office. All of the Redskins faithful know that when Daniel Snyder wants something he is willing to pay for it. Chad is very willing to take the money too.

I am wiling to bet that Chad Johnson will be in a Redskin uniform next year. 8)

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:00 pm

HEROHAMO wrote:
Fios wrote:
HEROHAMO wrote:

I never said done deal. I just said that the Skins are interested. You know and I know that there must be some interest in the front office. All of the Redskins faithful know that when Daniel Snyder wants something he is willing to pay for it. Chad is very willing to take the money too.

I am wiling to bet that Chad Johnson will be in a Redskin uniform next year. 8)

Well actually I dont bet real money, only push ups. Oh and I do not condone giving away draft picks. All though that is the only conceivable way we will get Chad Johnson.

It just seems Snyder has very strong interest in aquiring him. He may change his mind and opt for Roy WIlliams or draft Limas Sweed or Adarius Bowman?

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:48 pm

Fios wrote:Wow, ESPN is speculating on an off-season trade rumor involving the Redskins? Well, might as well consider it a done deal.
I'm not completely sure, but that seems awful close to being a tad sarcastic, if I may say so. :wink:
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Hog

Postby spenser » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:31 pm

Fios wrote:
HEROHAMO wrote:

I know you were being facetious, but there is a little truth in that! :D

As for my 2 pennies... i say what the Heck, go for it. There are obviously pros and cons, but its not like we have been setting the world on fire the last 15 years. I mean he is a big time playmaker, and before the last few weeks with him and his tantrums, the only knock on him was his TD celebrations. He could possibly bring a certain swagger to the team ala Moss to the Pats, and TO to the eagles and cowboys. And besides, if it all goes to hell and he destroys the team, mabye we will fire everyone and FINALLY start fresh with a GM and more acclamated head coach. I was in the "consistancy" camp, but now that we have clearly decided to go a different direction, then Im all for Bringing in some playmakers. Oh, and by the way, as much as i love him, Moss is NOT a TRUE #1 WR for those out there saying/thinking that he is......

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:53 pm

Time to let this one die folks:

"No. 1, the guy has a contract through 2011, OK," Lewis said ... "No one within the Bengals organization has ever spoken of or ever uttered anything about trading Chad Johnson, nor will he be traded.

There is no such thing as behind-the-door dealings in the NFL. That does not occur because the team in question (the Bengals) is not willing to trade their player nor have they thought about trading their player or discussed trading their player, or will they discuss trading their player. So I think that's pretty clear. Things can move on."

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/02/ ... be-traded/
RIP Sean Taylor

Fire in the Sky

Postby SkinsFreak » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:32 pm

Fios wrote:
HEROHAMO wrote:

And of course ESPN's speculation is merely a regurgitated rumor started by... um... what's that geniuses name... um... ... ... oh yeah, Snyder's good friend and always accurate beat writer, Mr. La Canfora.

Fire in the Sky

Postby SkinsFreak » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:35 pm

Fios wrote:Time to let this one die folks:

"No. 1, the guy has a contract through 2011, OK," Lewis said ... "No one within the Bengals organization has ever spoken of or ever uttered anything about trading Chad Johnson, nor will he be traded.

There is no such thing as behind-the-door dealings in the NFL. That does not occur because the team in question (the Bengals) is not willing to trade their player nor have they thought about trading their player or discussed trading their player, or will they discuss trading their player. So I think that's pretty clear. Things can move on."

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/02/ ... be-traded/

From the same article...

Got it? Chad Johnson will be in Cincinnati in 2008. Which has to make the Washington Redskins very, very sad. Because if it's one thing that team is missing, it's an overpaid, whiny wide receiver. Even one who's approximately 4,000 times better than Brandon Lloyd.

:lol:

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:21 pm

Remember when I said this?
RIP Sean Taylor

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:47 am

SkinsFreak wrote:
Fios wrote:
HEROHAMO wrote:

And of course ESPN's speculation is merely a regurgitated rumor started by... um... what's that geniuses name... um... ... ... oh yeah, Snyder's good friend and always accurate beat writer, Mr. La Canfora.

ESPN is not speculating anything. ESPN reported that the Redskins are interested in acquiring Chad Johnson. Key word is INTERESTED! We all know how D. Snyder is. I can guarantee that he is thinking about it. :)

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:49 am

Fios wrote:

We are talking about Daniel Snyder here.

Money is no issue. We all know that here.

Contract smontracts. :)

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Fire in the Sky

Postby SkinsFreak » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:54 am

HEROHAMO wrote:
Fios wrote:

We are talking about Daniel Snyder here.

Money is no issue. We all know that here.

Contract smontracts. :)

umm... money may be no issue for Snyder, but I'm quite sure it is for the Bengals, and they'd be the ones losing the $8 million.

Return to General Manager's Office