CJ suggested us and Miami in a trade

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:19 am

SkinsFreak wrote:
HEROHAMO wrote:
Fios wrote:
Fios wrote:This may have been noted already but it would cost the Bengals in excess of $8 million to trade CJ, it ain't happening.

Remember when I said this?

We are talking about Daniel Snyder here.

Money is no issue. We all know that here.

Contract smontracts. :)

umm... money may be no issue for Snyder, but I'm quite sure it is for the Bengals, and they'd be the ones losing the $8 million.

How about draft picks???

Our team is notorious for giving away draft picks. Not saying we should do it. I simply painting the picture.

Are you guys serious?? Have you all learned nothing??

Anything is possible with the Redskins. There is no impossible scenerio when it comes to the Redskins. Anything can happen. Anything whether it be bad or good.

Remember when rumors were flying around about Gibbs coming back??
Or the un timely passing of my heroes Sean Taylor??

Dont tell me it will never happen. It has happened time and time again. 8)
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Postby skinsfan#33 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:24 am

Fios wrote:
Fios wrote:This may have been noted already but it would cost the Bengals in excess of $8 million to trade CJ, it ain't happening.

Remember when I said this?

Remeber when the Skins took a $11M cap hit to trade an unhappy WR who decided he no longer wanted to play for them?

What was his name?

Oh yeah! Lverneousiadghrigad Coles!

And just like Coles, Chad did not let his disire to leave the Bungles effect his play on the field.

For all you diva haters out there the Skins have had a couple of good ones. Gary Clark was a major pain in Gibbs' backside and almost every other game could be seen shouting at Gibbs on the sideline. Man It really sucks that we had him. Because he just hurt the team so much.

And if you listen to Jurgenson, Charlie Taylor was a bit of a diva too. Man I wish we never had him either!

That said I hope we don't go out and get CJ. Not because he is a diva, most great WRs are (Monk and Marvin Harrison are about the only exceptions). But I don't want CJ because he would cost us at least a first rounder and even though we wouldn't have to give him a new contract, you know we would!

We need that 1st round pick to fill the team's #1 need, OG. At 21 Virginia's Branden Albert may still be available and he is a monster. He would help this team more than any WR.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:17 am

Clark and Taylor may or not have been divas (I had no internet to tell me what they were up to at the time), but they both subjugated their own ambitions to the needs of the team, both helped by an experienced head coach of course.

Jim Zorn is a first year head coach, and he's making a huge step up from QB coach. He would be well served by not having to deal with somebody like Johnson in his first year in the job.

Sure, Johnson has the sort of ability that can make a coach look very good, but he also has the kind of attitude that can break a locker room, and destroy coaching authority. Don't forget that Clark not only worked with Gibbs, but he was surrounded by other strong leaders on the team who could help keep things under control. I'm not sure that the Redskins locker room is that strong right now, although there are some leaders out there. One thing that Gibbs left behind was a united locker room, and Zorn would do well to try to keep that intact.

It's the same with Randy Moss -put him on a winning team where he gets the ball as often as he can handle, and he's quiet as a mouse (by his standards anyway). Put him on a losing team, or a mediocre one, and fail to get him the ball, and he'll moan his way through the season.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:05 pm

Don't forget that Johnson would be probably the best and worst thing ever to happen to Jason Campbell.

Best in that he'd be the best WR he's had to throw to.

Worst because Johnson would have no qualms about ripping Campbell a new one on the sideline after a badly thrown ball. As Jason is a new QB, there will be a few badly thrown balls.

Johnson would absolutely kill Campbell's confidence.

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:42 am

PulpExposure wrote:Don't forget that Johnson would be probably the best and worst thing ever to happen to Jason Campbell.

Worst because Johnson would have no qualms about ripping Campbell a new one on the sideline after a badly thrown ball. As Jason is a new QB, there will be a few badly thrown balls.

You make a good point.

The great ones take criticism as constructive. Especially when it is coming from a source of credibility. So I guess it all depends on how Jason Campbell would take criticism.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Postby TincoSkin » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:14 am

HEROHAMO wrote:
PulpExposure wrote:Don't forget that Johnson would be probably the best and worst thing ever to happen to Jason Campbell.

You make a good point.

The great ones take criticism as constructive. Especially when it is coming from a source of credibility. So I guess it all depends on how Jason Campbell would take criticism.

youre definatly right but what would come out of CJs mouth wouldnt be criticism, it would be closer to just jawin' to get back at the man who threw a bad ball. hes a punk who is not apt to give constructive criticism in a palatable way. that being said, id love to have the guy if we had the right coach, who could keep him in line. is zorn that guy? there is no way to tell till he has a season under his belt as a HC
GIBBS FOR LIFE

Hey hey hey, go Greenway!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:40 pm

id love to have the guy if we had the right coach, who could keep him in line. is zorn that guy? there is no way to tell till he has a season under his belt as a HC

Knowing Zorn's history as a player... (a tough as nails QB in a similar mold as Favre, Kilmer and Tittle), I don't think I'd want to be the receiver who crossed his new QB.

There are ways for a QB to shut up a complaining receiver (some of them hurt)... and I'll bet Zorn knows all of them. If Campbell doesn't, he soon will. Campbell is about to become the Head Coach's personal pet project, so it would take some very special gonads to mess with him. If a receiver wants to start jawing, he'd better be prepared to back it up.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby TincoSkin » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:44 pm

so now that we have it worked out that we can handle CJ and his mouth, is there any possibility of attaining him?

i dont think so. but!! that would be somthing. theres nothing like offseason BS about crazy wide outs to keep me thinking football..

in all seriousness the real off season discussion should be about the O line. if JC is the new pet project he better be well protected.
GIBBS FOR LIFE

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:00 pm

TincoSkin wrote:so now that we have it worked out that we can handle CJ and his mouth, is there any possibility of attaining him?

i dont think so. but!! that would be somthing. theres nothing like offseason BS about crazy wide outs to keep me thinking football..

in all seriousness the real off season discussion should be about the O line. if JC is the new pet project he better be well protected.

Thank you. Center/Guard or Guard Tackle. That's the ticket.

A DT who can pass rush...

A DE who can pass rush or hold the corner...

A CB who can man up or grasp the intricacies of the cover 2...

A Big, route running wide outwould be nice... as long as it remains...
A Chad free zone...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby TincoSkin » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:12 pm

Countertrey wrote:
TincoSkin wrote:so now that we have it worked out that we can handle CJ and his mouth, is there any possibility of attaining him?

Thank you. Center/Guard or Guard Tackle. That's the ticket.

A DT who can pass rush...

A DE who can pass rush or hold the corner...

A CB who can man up or grasp the intricacies of the cover 2...

A Big, route running wide outwould be nice... as long as it remains...
A Chad free zone...

word.
GIBBS FOR LIFE

spudstr04

Postby spudstr04 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:12 am

The Redskins don't expect the Bengals to deal Chad Johnson.

Due to the cap implications, neither should anyone else. The Washington Post also mentions that new coach Jim Zorn wants to speak with Brandon Lloyd before he is cut. We still can't imagine Lloyd returning to D.C.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/02/22/AR2008022202836.html
#21 = Forever in our hearts

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:27 pm

One of the main reasons given for Chad Johnson not being traded is the salary cap hit that the Bengals would take. However, JLC had this to say in his blog today regarding Chad Johnson's cap hit...

In June, when his cap hit to the Bengals would be halved the Skins will be there to pounce should Chad force his way out of Cincy.

Does anyone have a better idea of the cap hit that a CJ trade would have for the Bengals and how exactly it is lessened in June?
Suck and Luck

Hog

Postby GSPODS » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:32 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:One of the main reasons given for Chad Johnson not being traded is the salary cap hit that the Bengals would take. However, JLC had this to say in his blog today regarding Chad Johnson's cap hit...

In June, when his cap hit to the Bengals would be halved the Skins will be there to pounce should Chad force his way out of Cincy.

Does anyone have a better idea of the cap hit that a CJ trade would have for the Bengals and how exactly it is lessened in June?

$8 Million cap hit as of today.
I'm checking on the roster and signing bonus info with regards to the June 1st question.

The final three years of an $18.5 Million deal would be voided after June 1st, which include $3 Million in salary and $1 Million in roster bonuses.

The Bengals would take a huge hit to their salary cap if they traded him. Johnson has four years left on his contract, which was extended in April 2006. He will make $3 million in base salary next season, and can make $18.5 million over the rest of the deal.

Hog

Postby GSPODS » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:39 pm

If Chad Johnson decides to sit out the season, Cincinnati Bengals coach Marvin Lewis said Tuesday the team is prepared to move on without him.

Hopefully some of the things he said, he's going to have to face one way or another. If he shows and does things, and does [them] the right way, I'm willing to take the bullets for him again and allow him to come back the right way.
--Marvin Lewis on Chad Johnson

"We've been dealing with this inside for over a year and we'll be prepared to move on," Lewis told reporters, according to the team's Web site. "He has a contract through 2011. If he plays NFL football it will be in Cincinnati, or he has to do what he says and that's retire. That would be a shame. We'll do everything we can to help him out of this and try to restore his image."

Lewis reiterated Tuesday that the team has no plans to trade Johnson, but he's willing to welcome Johnson back to the team if he changes his tune.

"It's unfortunate that Chad has put himself in that situation because a lot of people who really had affection for him now see him in a different light," Lewis said, according to the Cincinnati Enquirer.

"Hopefully some of the things he said, he's going to have to face one way or another. If he shows and does things, and does [them] the right way, I'm willing to take the bullets for him again and allow him to come back the right way."

Return to General Manager's Office