Should we make a run at DeAngelo Hall?

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
spudstr04

Should we make a run at DeAngelo Hall?

Postby spudstr04 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:38 pm

The Falcons are reportedly gauging trade interest in CB DeAngelo Hall, who enters the final year of his contract in 2008.

New coach Mike Smith wants to wrap up Hall long term, but the Falcons are tearing the roster apart before building it back up. If they can get a late first-round pick for Hall, they'll almost certainly pull the trigger. Hall is on record as saying he wants to be dealt if he doesn't get a new contract.

http://www.ajc.com/services/content/sports/falcons/stories/2008/02/19/falconsflip_0219.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=21

I say we should trade our first rounder for him. He's only 24 and has 17 career interceptions in only 3 and 1/2 seasons. If he's healthy, he's one of the best CBs in the game. Vinny has already siad that we would address the CB position in the draft. Why not get a proven CB to work with Rogers, Springs, Landry, and Smoot. If this deal happens, we'd have the best secondary in the league.

Cornerback has become a need position due to Carlos Rogers's knee ligament surgery last November. Rogers is expected to be full-go by September or October, according to director of sports medicine Bubba Tyer.

Said Cerrato: "Depending on Carlos, we'll probably have to look to the draft and get a corner."

Leodis McKelvin of Troy State, Michael Jenkins of South Florida, Dominique Rogers-Cromartie and Terrell Thomas of USC are among the top draft prospects at cornerback

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=34543
#21 = Forever in our hearts

Hog

Postby andyjens89 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:41 pm

I love Deangelo Hall, but we couldn't afford him and we're probably not going to go after him
XVII XXII XXVI

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:54 pm

I like DeAngelo, and he's from my hometown, the Tidewater are of VA, but I anticipate he will demand Nate Clements type numbers on his next contract. 80 million is alot of money, and no matter how creative Vanny are, it would be hard to pull off. If he did come here though, he'd have to change his number upon arrival.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Re: Should we make a run at DeAngelo Hall?

Postby yupchagee » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:28 pm

spudstr04 wrote:
The Falcons are reportedly gauging trade interest in CB DeAngelo Hall, who enters the final year of his contract in 2008.

New coach Mike Smith wants to wrap up Hall long term, but the Falcons are tearing the roster apart before building it back up. If they can get a late first-round pick for Hall, they'll almost certainly pull the trigger. Hall is on record as saying he wants to be dealt if he doesn't get a new contract.

http://www.ajc.com/services/content/sports/falcons/stories/2008/02/19/falconsflip_0219.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=21

I say we should trade our first rounder for him. He's only 24 and has 17 career interceptions in only 3 and 1/2 seasons. If he's healthy, he's one of the best CBs in the game. Vinny has already siad that we would address the CB position in the draft. Why not get a proven CB to work with Rogers, Springs, Landry, and Smoot. If this deal happens, we'd have the best secondary in the league.

Cornerback has become a need position due to Carlos Rogers's knee ligament surgery last November. Rogers is expected to be full-go by September or October, according to director of sports medicine Bubba Tyer.

Said Cerrato: "Depending on Carlos, we'll probably have to look to the draft and get a corner."

Leodis McKelvin of Troy State, Michael Jenkins of South Florida, Dominique Rogers-Cromartie and Terrell Thomas of USC are among the top draft prospects at cornerback

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=34543

I don't like trading away 1st round picks, & he'll be expensive. I don't think we are that needy at CB.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:48 am

Nate Clements got a huge contract last year from San Francisco. Just imagine what kind of contract Deangelo Hall will demand? Deangelo is a better corner than Clements too.

We are talking 70 to 100 million dollars. That is what Clements landed last year. I dont see how much cap room would be left. Also consider there is not much cap room to begin with.

I like the guy, I also want him on the Skins, but I just dont see it happening. Who knows we will see.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Postby ChocolateMilk » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:10 am

as of right now, i beleive we are 7 mil over the cap.. trading away our 1st rounder for Hall and signing him to a big deal would just make things more difficult.
R.I.P. Sean Taylor

You will be missed, but never forgotten

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:25 am

I think we need to stop going goo goo over every big name free agent and think of the big picture. I know that the Redskins manipulate the cap pretty well, but I think we're going to be conservative when it comes to big names.... I HOPE we are. I wanna bring in youth thru the draft and do it with longevity. Picking up a 30 yo WR isn't going to give us longevity.
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:20 pm

NO.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:43 pm

VetSkinsFan wrote:I think we need to stop going goo goo over every big name free agent and think of the big picture. I know that the Redskins manipulate the cap pretty well, but I think we're going to be conservative when it comes to big names.... I HOPE we are. I wanna bring in youth thru the draft and do it with longevity. Picking up a 30 yo WR isn't going to give us longevity.

Hey bro, we are talking about Deangelo Hall he is a corner back. He would be even more expensive than Chad Johnson. I think you were referring to Chad Johnson.

Anyhow I think a top corner is more expensive than a top wide receiver. Especially considering Deangelo is alot younger than Chad Johnson as well. I agree with you though. We should not go goo goo over every big name free agent. I much prefer we do it through the draft and find our own young gems.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:45 am

HEROHAMO wrote:
VetSkinsFan wrote:I think we need to stop going goo goo over every big name free agent and think of the big picture. I know that the Redskins manipulate the cap pretty well, but I think we're going to be conservative when it comes to big names.... I HOPE we are. I wanna bring in youth thru the draft and do it with longevity. Picking up a 30 yo WR isn't going to give us longevity.

Hey bro, we are talking about Deangelo Hall he is a corner back. He would be even more expensive than Chad Johnson. I think you were referring to Chad Johnson.

Anyhow I think a top corner is more expensive than a top wide receiver. Especially considering Deangelo is alot younger than Chad Johnson as well. I agree with you though. We should not go goo goo over every big name free agent. I much prefer we do it through the draft and find our own young gems.

It was a reference to many threads, not just this one. I guess I should have thrown out Marcus Trufant instead of Chad Johnson. He was more coveted by some of the fantasy football Redskins fans, so he was the 1st reference that came to mind.
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

Hog

Postby funbuncher » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:35 pm

Ouch. hope this doesn't happen...

02/22 Giants: G-Men interested in DeAngelo Hall
The News
DeAngelo Hall has a potential suitor in the Big Apple, according to the Star-Ledger. Sources with knowledge of the discussions between the Atlanta Falcons and Giants said the latter is willing to give up their first-round pick (31st overall) in the NFL draft in exchange for Hall.

Our View

This would be a clear example of the rich getting richer. Hall was a malcontent in the ATL last season, but he has 17 interceptions in his first four seasons, and would represent a significant upgrade to the New York's defensive backfield

www.fanball.com

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:07 pm

John Clayton named us, along with the Giants and Bucs, as one of at least three teams interested in Hall.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Hog

Postby andyjens89 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:09 pm

As long as the Giants, Eagles, or Cowboys don't get him, I don't really care. If he comes here, I will be happy
XVII XXII XXVI

spudstr04

Postby spudstr04 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:38 pm

In addition to the Giants, the Redskins are reportedly believed to be interested in trading for CB DeAngelo Hall.

The Redskins are in play for just about everyone, despite their cap situation. Hall seems likely to be dealt shortly after the trading period begins.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3260403&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines
#21 = Forever in our hearts

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:34 pm

I am praying that we don't get him. He was a big Vick supporter and has too much attitude. We don't need that in the locker room...same with Chad Johnson even though he is my fav. player in the NFL. I just don't want him on my team.

Return to General Manager's Office