marty booker

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:24 pm

VetSkinsFan wrote:Mix!!!!
Why on earth would we waste any time looking at players already on the roster? These players will never be any good, otherwise we wouldn't have been able to sign them in the first place, surely?

Or is it just possible that we might already have a decent wide receiver waiting in the wings for his chance? :-k
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Postby yupchagee » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:11 pm

UK Skins Fan wrote:
Why on earth would we waste any time looking at players already on the roster? These players will never be any good, otherwise we wouldn't have been able to sign them in the first place, surely?

Or is it just possible that we might already have a decent wide receiver waiting in the wings for his chance? :-k

Maybe Mike Espy, although he's not that big. Mix wasn't very productive in college. I think he's strictly an ST type.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Postby yupchagee » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:11 pm

UK Skins Fan wrote:

Maybe Mike Espy, although he's not that big. Mix wasn't very productive in college. I think he's strictly an ST type.
Skins fan since '55

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:38 pm

Mix wasn't very productive in college.

If this were a reason not to look at a player already on the roster, there would be no point to ever signing a rookie free agent, and, in fact, many of the day two picks.

How productive was Tom Brady in college?

Mix has tons of potential. The Giants would probably have had him active, were it not for Plax. He will cost us nothing, at this point, to find out what he has. Watching his aggressiveness and effectiveness on teams makes me hopeful.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:49 pm

I don't think that drafting a wide receiver would necessarily mean the end of Mix either. I'd be quite happy for us to go into camp with Moss, Randle El, Mix and a big rookie. That might put Mix in competition with Thrash for a spot, and I think the young guy has a chance to win that battle. Although if Lloyd goes, we may have room for both of them anyway.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Fire in the Sky

Postby SkinsFreak » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:23 pm

UK Skins Fan wrote:I don't think that drafting a wide receiver would necessarily mean the end of Mix either. I'd be quite happy for us to go into camp with Moss, Randle El, Mix and a big rookie. That might put Mix in competition with Thrash for a spot, and I think the young guy has a chance to win that battle. Although if Lloyd goes, we may have room for both of them anyway.

That's a good point. Mix has played pretty well on ST so far during his short tenure with the team, much like the role Thrash has been playing. Therefore, no need for Booker.

Postby yupchagee » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:53 pm

Countertrey wrote:
Mix wasn't very productive in college.

If this were a reason not to look at a player already on the roster, there would be no point to ever signing a rookie free agent, and, in fact, many of the day two picks.

How productive was Tom Brady in college?

Mix has tons of potential. The Giants would probably have had him active, were it not for Plax. He will cost us nothing, at this point, to find out what he has. Watching his aggressiveness and effectiveness on teams makes me hopeful.

I agree we should look at him, just not depend on him to be our posession reciever.
Skins fan since '55

Hog

Postby andyjens89 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:04 pm

yupchagee wrote:I agree we should look at him, just not depend on him to be our posession reciever.

Let's get Mike Williams.
XVII XXII XXVI

Return to General Manager's Office