DE's for the picking

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
piglet

DE's for the picking

Postby cooleyfan47 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:12 pm

With the release of Kearse today, there is a superfluous amount of DE's in FA's. I think this should clinch the fact that our draft pick should be a tall WR, or maybe even a CB. What do yall think

Hog

Postby andyjens89 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:13 pm

Our draft pick should be Chad Johnson :D
XVII XXII XXVI

Hog

Postby Skinna Mob » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:33 pm

andyjens89 wrote:Our draft pick should be Chad Johnson :D

As much as I like the initial sound of that. Its not going to happen.
Maybe they should go after Bernard Berrian???

But the GM 'heads" should leave the draft picks alone and use them to rebuild the holes in the defense.

My 2 cents
"It's almost like, you play a kid's game for a king's ransom," he said. "And if you don't take it serious enough, eventually one day you're going to say, 'Oh, I could have done this, I could have done that."
Sean Taylor

-REDSKINS TILL I DIE-

Postby skinsfan#33 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:25 pm

I like the idea of bringing in the Freak, but it has to be w/a lost cap number w/a lot of incentives to pay him if he works out.

But no big number and no repeat of Bruce Smith (even though I think BS gave the Skins a couple of good year, but just stuck around too long).
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

cappster

Postby Cappster » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:34 pm

Skinna Mob wrote:
andyjens89 wrote:Our draft pick should be Chad Johnson :D

As much as I like the initial sound of that. Its not going to happen.
Maybe they should go after Bernard Berrian???

But the GM 'heads" should leave the draft picks alone and use them to rebuild the holes in the defense.

My 2 cents

I agre with Berrian. I think he is a good talent and he has never had a "quarterback" to throw to him. Honestly, I am not sure if he fits our new system. He is a deep threat and I think he will come at a decent price. I just hope he can catch the ball over the middle because with Moss on the other side, he needs to be a "possession" receiver as well as a deep threat.
Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 280x, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:49 pm

Allen got franchised and Canty got tendered. Smith is gone. That pretty much ruins the market. I could see giving the Freak a shot since itll be cheap. Antwan Odom might not be that expensive either. I actually think Odom would be a good idea because we need to sure up either DE or WR in free agency, and the WR FA class is crap.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

Postby yupchagee » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:00 pm

brad7686 wrote:Allen got franchised and Canty got tendered. Smith is gone. That pretty much ruins the market. I could see giving the Freak a shot since itll be cheap. Antwan Odom might not be that expensive either. I actually think Odom would be a good idea because we need to sure up either DE or WR in free agency, and the WR FA class is crap.

Odom is young & had a breakout yr (8 sacks, 7 PD's). In part, he benefitted from the play of his linemates & he is likely to be less productive elsewhere. Still worth a look at the right price.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Postby yupchagee » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:00 pm

brad7686 wrote:Allen got franchised and Canty got tendered. Smith is gone. That pretty much ruins the market. I could see giving the Freak a shot since itll be cheap. Antwan Odom might not be that expensive either. I actually think Odom would be a good idea because we need to sure up either DE or WR in free agency, and the WR FA class is crap.

Odom is young & had a breakout yr (8 sacks, 7 PD's). In part, he benefitted from the play of his linemates & he is likely to be less productive elsewhere. Still worth a look at the right price.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Return to General Manager's Office