Should we go after Jason Taylor?

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!

Should we go after Jason Taylor?

Postby rustedrootdown » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:31 am

Jason Taylor is available. If we could get him for a 3rd rounder or less should we go after him? Even though he is 33 he could still be a great starting end for the next 2-3 years. I still think he can play and would add alot to the team. We could then use our first rounder on a DT. What do you think?

Fire in the Sky

Postby SkinsFreak » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:54 am

I wouldn't trade anything for him. He's 34 years old and is nearing the end of his career. I have this recurring nightmare about the Skins trading for and signing big contracts to players close to the end of their careers.

It's rumored that Green Bay might give up a 2nd round pick for him. I say let them have him. I'd rather spend a 2nd round pick on a young DE prospect in the draft. Taylor may have a year or two left in him, but a good DE from the draft will be cheaper and will have many more years to look forward to. If Taylor was released and agreed to come in at a reasonable price, then sure, but otherwise, I'd pass.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:19 am

SkinsFreak wrote:I wouldn't trade anything for him. He's 34 years old and is nearing the end of his career.

I'd offer a 6th rounder for him, maybe a 5th

SkinsFreak wrote:I have this recurring nightmare about the Skins trading for and signing big contracts to players close to the end of their careers.

that's night a nightmare, they're called bad memories

SkinsFreak wrote:It's rumored that Green Bay might give up a 2nd round pick for him. I say let them have him. I'd rather spend a 2nd round pick on a young DE prospect in the draft.

That deal was almost completed yesterday but fell apart, they are still talking though.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:13 am

No we shouldn't. Next question please.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:29 am

Good Answer
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:46 pm

Personally I like the guy but a 2nd rounder is a huge price to pay for the guy. I'm wondering if GB is stocking their team with "right now" talent in hopes of going to the super bowl next year.

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:49 pm

1niksder wrote:that's night a nightmare, they're called bad memories

*Waves at Bruce Smith*

frankcal20 wrote:Personally I like the guy but a 2nd rounder is a huge price to pay for the guy. I'm wondering if GB is stocking their team with "right now" talent in hopes of going to the super bowl next year.

Some day Brett Favre will have to retire.

SOMEDAY.

Re: Should we go after Jason Taylor?

Postby 1niksder » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:46 pm

rustedrootdown wrote:Jason Taylor is available. If we could get him for a 3rd rounder or less should we go after him? Even though he is 33 he could still be a great starting end for the next 2-3 years. I still think he can play and would add alot to the team. We could then use our first rounder on a DT. What do you think?

The 4 letter network wrote:Dolphins executive vice president of football operations Bill Parcells told ESPN's Chris Mortensen that defensive end Jason Taylor will be playing for Miami in 2008 unless he chooses to retire, contrary to a published report.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:49 pm

PulpExposure wrote:
1niksder wrote:that's night a nightmare, they're called bad memories

*Waves at Bruce Smith*
That's exactly who came into my mind. We'd probably get one impact season out of Taylor, before his inexorable slide into mediocrity. That slide would coincide precisely with a ramping up in his basic salary, and we'd be left with a huge waste of salary cap. I'm praying that the way we've started fee agency is the way we'll continue, save for a handful of value for money signings in areas that will really help.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Hog

Postby wormer » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:06 pm

No. Next.
Have pet sitting needs in Rockville, Gaithersburg, Olney or Montgomery Village? Contact me. I own Fetch! Pet Care of Rockville - Gaitthersburg.

Fire in the Sky

Re: Should we go after Jason Taylor?

Postby SkinsFreak » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:27 pm

1niksder wrote:
The 4 letter network wrote:Dolphins executive vice president of football operations Bill Parcells told ESPN's Chris Mortensen that defensive end Jason Taylor will be playing for Miami in 2008 unless he chooses to retire, contrary to a published report.

=D> :)

Hog
Location: Redding, Ca: Repping Santa Cruz, the real Surf City in Cali!

Postby Californiaskin » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:45 pm

No Thanks Bruce Smith!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:37 pm

Look up
RIP Sean Taylor

Hog

Postby andyjens89 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:58 pm

Oh, you mean Xerxes?

ImageImage
XVII XXII XXVI

Hog