Anquan Boldin?

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
Canes Skin

Anquan Boldin?

Postby CanesSkins26 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:54 pm

Posted at 1:33 PM ET, 03/12/2008
Anquan Boldin - The Next Name Du Jour (Updated)

So with Larry Fitzgerald redoing his deal with Arizona, the other stud WR with the Cardinals, Anquan Boldin, will be the new subject of trade rumors. Fitzgerald's new deal makes it much easier for the Cards to keep both players now - it's more cap-friendly in the short term - but obviously Boldin is gonna want to get paid, also.

He's another No. 1 WR who fits the mold of what the Skins prize, and they have certainly created enough cap space in the last few months to pull off one major deal. I'm not sure the Cards would even do a deal any time soon, but if they did shop Boldin I would expect the Skins to fish around on that.

Vinny Cerrato has talked a lot about holding onto draft picks, but, like Chad Johnson, Boldin is the kind of unique talent who can cause you to consider making a move. The Skins could even potentially address a need with the Cards with someone like Ladell Betts going the other way - as a hypothetical - and it may be worth watching how involved in a deal for Boldin the Skins may get down the line. (He's also represented by Drew Rosenhaus, so the Skins will be linked to Boldin regardless; even when they aren't interested in a Rosenahus client they often let the agent tell other teams they are involved as a favor of sorts).

The Skins have free agent WR DJ Hackett coming to town today for a visit, but the club has been firm about maintaining lower salaries for role players, and Hackett is not in the same class as a Boldin, though when healthy he has been a fine WR in his own right. So I don't expect the Skins to break the bank on Hackett, and will be looking for a reduced rate.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/
Suck and Luck

Hog

Postby andyjens89 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:11 am

Anquan Boldin is a freak of nature. He runs through people like nobody's business. I would LOVE to have Boldin, but I don't see it happening.
XVII XXII XXVI

Fire in the Sky

Postby SkinsFreak » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:09 pm

Does JLC start these stupid rumors just to get folks in a stir? Next we'll read a report from JLC stating that according to flight tracking software, Redskins 1 is en route to Arizona to pick up Anquan. :roll:

Return to General Manager's Office