Pacman

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!

Pacman

Postby rustedrootdown » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:00 pm

I really think we should make a bid for Pacman Jones. I think we could get him for a mid-draft pick and could give him a conditional contract. Everyone keeps talking about how he can only go to certain teams but I think he would keep on the straight and narrow based on two things:

1. That if he messes up hell nevver play in the league again.
2. If his contract is conditional he would be playing for money.

I believe both to be motivating factors and I think the pros far outweight the cons.

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:10 pm

As Vinny said, he's not in the plans and never have been.

Re: Pacman

Postby yupchagee » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:12 pm

rustedrootdown wrote:I really think we should make a bid for Pacman Jones. I think we could get him for a mid-draft pick and could give him a conditional contract. Everyone keeps talking about how he can only go to certain teams but I think he would keep on the straight and narrow based on two things:

I believe both to be motivating factors and I think the pros far outweight the cons.

I don't think we need a criminal on the team. He should try the Raiders or Bengals.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Pacman Rules

Postby gay4pacman » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:35 pm

I agree obviously. An incentive laden contract would be a safe 1 year risk definetly worth taking.

He doesnt pan out cut him after a year no sweat. The upside could be he returns to form and changes games. Anyone remember that comeback he singe handedly had vs. the colts two years ago? Two picks a PR for a TD. He is a PLAYMAKER why not take the risk? 1 year incentive laden....
I know this guy named Jimmy, he has a pet....POSTERNUTBAG! Thats his cats name, POSTERNUTBAG!!!

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:00 pm

I really think we should make a bid for Pacman Jones. I think we could get him for a mid-draft pick and could give him a conditional contract. Everyone keeps talking about how he can only go to certain teams but I think he would keep on the straight and narrow based on two things:

Why would Pacman sign a new contract? He is still under contract with the Titans and if traded I think that his new team would have to assume his original contract.
Suck and Luck

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:23 pm

I'm from Nashville, this guy is a Moron, don't give him a dollar. Great talent but seriously he makes Blloyd look like team captain.
HAIL

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:24 pm

Gibbs4Life wrote:I'm from Nashville, this guy is a Moron, don't give him a dollar. Great talent but seriously he makes Blloyd look like team captain.

Moron works!
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby Hooligan » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:06 am

No.
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

Hog

Re: Pacman

Postby GSPODS » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:37 am

rustedrootdown wrote:I really think we should make a bid for Pacman Jones. I think we could get him for a mid-draft pick and could give him a conditional contract. Everyone keeps talking about how he can only go to certain teams but I think he would keep on the straight and narrow based on two things:

I think you mean "When he messes up." That's inevitable.
Any contract from anyone, including the Pukes will be conditional.
The first condition is reinstatement by the NFL, which is not a given.
Jones has shown no remorse, and no change of attitude or behavior.
If he had, he would have been reinstated by now.
The Pros play for the Redskins. The Cons play for the Pukes and the Faders. Regardless of his on-field talent, the Con is anyone paying Jones with an expectation he will keep his nose clean.
He's been arrested nine times in six years. I'd bet that all of the THN posters put together haven't been arrested nine times in six years.

piggie

Postby LetsRollBurgundyNGold » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:27 am

I'd bet that all of the THN posters put together haven't been arrested nine times in six years.

Hey don't underestimate the THN community. There are some real thugs on these boards :wink:

But seriously, I'm laughing all the way to the bank as Jerry and his Cows prep to give up a mid rounder for this guy. Consider:

- Out of football for an entire year. He may be young, and can probably get back into the swing of things, but there's an adjustment period.

- He was a good returner, but an average cornerback (to me, anyway). Early on, he was getting TOASTED on a regular basis, and had just started to improve somewhat, but not dramatically so.

- Too many strip clubs in the DFW for the man to resist.

Normally, I'm pretty generous with my benefit of the doubt because people do make mistakes. But with this cat, his MOMMA copped a possession charge for him so he wouldn't catch another case, and a known DRUG DEALER stated that HE told Pacman he should slow down. When yo momma is catching cases for you and the Pusha Man says you need to slow down, you got PROBLEMS.
Two formation shifts, one man in motion, and a counter trey...those were the days...

Hog

Postby GSPODS » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:38 am

Rumor has it the Pukes are both trading a player and a draft pick for Jones. That makes one hell of a lot of sense to me. Trade away an active player and a draft choice for a player who may not even be eligible to play, and who almost certainly will screw up again before the end of the season if he is reinstated.

I hope Dallas does sign him. Those Texas Rangers won't take any cop-out by Momma or another felon covering as a reason not to give Crackman a felony prison probation violation beatdown.

Just do me a favor, Adam, and be sure to write the strip club a bad check. Texas loves bad checks.

That's right. Adam. It would be the first sign of growing up to actually use your name. If you were really "pac"-ing anything, you wouldn't need to keep going to strip clubs.

piggie

Postby Secondary_Chaos » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:00 am

I say we make a try for him. Pacman is a BEAST on the field. If he doesn't straighten up his act the cut him. But why pass up an opportunity like this to get a potential perennial pro-bowler for minimal loss on our side of things? Our D would be much better with Pacman back there.
RIP #21

Hog

Postby GSPODS » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:15 am

Secondary_Chaos wrote:Our D would be much better with Pacman back there.

I would agree with this IF he is actually reinstated. That is not a given until it actually happens, and IF he keeps his nose clean. One big "if" and one huge "if". I would not give up any players as Dallas is supposedly doing, though. If they're offering a seventh round pick and a player, I'd offer no more than two low-round draft picks, which is still more than Dallas is offering.

piggie

Postby Secondary_Chaos » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:58 am

GSPODS wrote:
Secondary_Chaos wrote:Our D would be much better with Pacman back there.

I would agree with this IF he is actually reinstated. That is not a given until it actually happens, and IF he keeps his nose clean. One big "if" and one huge "if". I would not give up any players as Dallas is supposedly doing, though. If they're offering a seventh round pick and a player, I'd offer no more than two low-round draft picks, which is still more than Dallas is offering.

I would definitely NOT give up any players for this guy. Low round draft picks is what we could part with. Getting Jones would solve one of our areas of need which would allow us to look elsewhere in the Draft. IF it turns out that he still sucks at life and doesn't straighten up his act, the c'est la vie. But to not even tender an offer would be stupid of Vinny&Co. Rodgers wont be ready for opening day and Springs is getting up there in age. I would be OK parting with 2 low round picks for Pacman.
RIP #21

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:32 am

I would gladly trade some used toilet paper (no more than half a roll) and a pack of Beemans for Jones.

Otherwise...

just go away. :roll:

Oh! and HE has to pay US...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Return to General Manager's Office