PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TRADE FOR OCHO CINCO!!!!!!

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TRADE FOR OCHO CINCO!!!!!!

Postby KennyKenn21 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:25 pm

Guys we need him, he's boys with all of our key players , one of the few people not from the "U" at Sean's wake to pay his respect.

I think one of our 3rd's and a 4th or 5th and he's ours!

PLEASE GATHER FOR THIS TO HAPPEN!!!!

85, 89 , 82 and 47 equals ALOT OF SUCCESS FOR 17

R.I.P 21

Hog

Postby GSPODS » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:30 pm

Who says Chad Johnson is being traded?
If he was, who's eating the $8 Million?
And why would Cincy trade him for a third round draft pick?

Hog

Postby skins2357 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:39 pm

heres news. it would take a 1st and 3rd and Im not down with giving up all that and than giving a fat check to a 30 year old receiver who struggled on holding onto the ball next yr and who punches coaches.

Postby yupchagee » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:43 pm

skins2357 wrote:heres news. it would take a 1st and 3rd and Im not down with giving up all that and than giving a fat check to a 30 year old receiver who struggled on holding onto the ball next yr and who punches coaches.

I agree 150%
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:20 pm

I agree that his price tag is going to be way too high. However, he had 93 catches for 1,440 yards, that ain't struggling to hold onto the ball. The Redskins have areas of need, plural, sacrificing the ability to address those for one guy would be foolish.
RIP Sean Taylor

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:31 pm

below from JLC, Washington Post:

Chad Johnson On The Warpath, Again

As I wrote about months ago, Dan Snyder and Vinny Cerrato have a thing for Chad Johnson. It was a staple of their interviews with head coaching candidates. He would fill what they believe to be the biggest void on the team, or at least so they told several of the men they considered to replace Joe Gibbs.

So now Chad is going postal again, ranting and raving that he won't report for any Bengals team activity and lashing out at QB Carson Palmer. This is Rosenhaus 101 people. And sometimes it actually does work and his client creates such a ridiculous stir that he gets traded.

So far the Bengals have refused to cave on anything and the Brown family, team owners, have told other execs that they don't care if Johnson does sit out the entire year, they're not rewarding his outlandish antics. They own the contract and they control his rights.

Again, stay tuned. In June when Johnson's cap hit would be halved no doubt teams will be nosing around again. I would be stunned if the Bengals did anything before then and people around the NFL continue to tell me they don't this this cat gets moved regardless, especially after Chris Henry got cut.

Still, the Bengals have needs and are trying to create a new identity, free from this kind of stuff. Never say never. And if they do actually shop him, I would be stunned if the Skins didn't pounce. They created all that cap room for a reason, and it wasn't just to re-sign Collins, Frost, Cartwright and Fabini.

Posted by Jason La Canfora
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:29 am

Not interested for the price.....
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

Hog

Postby GSPODS » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:41 am

Since this is Fantasy Land, allow me to make a comparsion:

Certain people want Chad Johnson in a Redskins uniform, regardless of the fact that he may not even be available, and if he becomes available it would cost the future health of the Redskins.

I want Nicole Kidman, who is also not available, and likewise, should she become available, would cost the future health of GSPODS.

Unless either can be "had" for a song and a dance, I would say both of these will remain fantasies.

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:28 am

I'm going to run the risk of being wrong and say no chance in hell does this happen and that JLC's speculation is way off-base.
RIP Sean Taylor

Hog

Postby GSPODS » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:34 am

Fios wrote:JLC's speculation is way off-base.

I see very little risk in that statement. J.L.C. claims to have inside information on everything but using the men's room at Redskins Park doesn't count as inside information in my book.

Isn't there a thread somewhere about the number of times JLC has been wrong? I think another message board had an entire thread dedicated to JLC's inaccuracies, and we discussed it here, if I remember correctly.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:36 am

Straight from thehogs.net, Redskins headlines.. "Outraged Chad Johnson Continues Boycott Of Bengals".. in that article by Matthew Harvey, it states that Johnson is lobbying for a trade to the cowpunks and the Skins are drooling over Chad. Hell man, I want Chad here.. besides being a stud WR, I'd be oh-so-blown if he ended up wit da cowpunks. We have 9 picks this year I believe? can't we give up 2 for him? or maybe 1 and some good cash? would his beastly contract hurt us in regards to other players we need?

cleg

Postby cleg » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:02 pm

The Eagles are going to go after him - offering a 3 and Lito Shepard. They want to make one last run with McNabb.
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:01 pm

Wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh said Thursday it would be best if the Cincinnati Bengals and disgruntled receiver Chad Johnson parted ways.

"If he's not traded it's going to be a problem." Houshmandzadeh told ESPN's Bob Holtzman.

Houshmandzadeh told ESPN he talked with both Johnson and quarterback Carson Palmer on Wednesday after Johnson demanded a trade from Cincinnati.

Houshmandzadeh said Johnson reiterated to him: "I'm not playing."

"I think eventually he'll show up, but then you have to worry about how much of a distraction he'll be," Houshmandzadeh told ESPN.

Johnson said Wednesday that he wants out of Cincinnati as fast as possible and he doesn't plan on reporting for any future Bengals functions -- mandatory or voluntary.

What spurred Johnson's immediate reaction was a statement made by Palmer that indicated Johnson had told the quarterback he would be at the team's mandatory minicamp in mid-June. Johnson said that wasn't true.

"I want to make this very clear,'' Johnson told ESPN.com's John Clayton on Wednesday. "I don't know where he got that. I made no assertion to Carson that I would do that. Nothing has changed from what I've been saying for three months that I don't want to play for the Bengals.''

Johnson made one of his strongest statements in saying he is not planning on reporting to any team functions because he wants to be traded.

"I want to be traded before the draft, and if that doesn't happen, I want to be traded as soon as possible,'' Johnson told ESPN.com. "I don't intend on reporting to anything.''

Houshmandzadeh told ESPN that Johnson spent most of the past few months not returning Palmer's phone calls. Houshmandzadeh said Palmer and Johnson have talked a few times recently.

Houshmandzadeh, who said he's talked to Johnson more this offseason than ever, revealed to ESPN that Johnson started talking about wanting out of Cincinnati during last season.

He said the Bengals are in a no-win situation.

"If we keep him and don't win, he'll tell everyone 'I told you so,' " Houshmandzadeh said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3351518
Suck and Luck

Fire in the Sky

Postby SkinsFreak » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:31 pm

Fios wrote:I'm going to run the risk of being wrong and say no chance in hell does this happen and that JLC's speculation is way off-base.

I'm not a journalist, nor do I know anything about working in the industry. That said, I don't understand how JLC thinks anyone can seriously respect anything he puts out when he is so inaccurate and off-base so often.

The biggest thing that bothers me about JLC is he doesn't seem to own up or take responsibility when he's wrong. He recklessly spits out nonfactual and unsubstantiated conjecture and never has to eat his words when he's proven to be wrong. I'd think the Post would want more responsible and ethical reporting, but I've seen the stance taken by the Post with regards to the Skins.

Not too long ago, when the Skins were involved in the coaching search, JLC put out that "according to flight tracking software, Snyder's plane was en route to Arizona to presumably pick up Fassel." It was later discovered that Snyder's plane had never left the hanger.

So... flight tracking software? Are you kidding me? I'd be rather embarrassed to be proven so wrong. Yet, JLC doesn't even seem to care. I honestly believe he is a Ravens fan and simply gets his rocks off by bashing the Skins and putting out anything and everything that could be construed as a negative about the Skins organization.

I agree this piece about Chad seems to be way off-base, yet we all could be wrong. I'd bet against it, though. He also said the same thing about the Skins going after Boldin. What happened to that notion?

The fact that JLC engages in irresponsible reporting, to include endless conjecture that, more often than not, turns out to be false, and never owns up to it, makes my stomach turn and I have little respect for the guy. Yeah, he may be right on some things and may occasionally get some insider information, but not owning your own words and not taking responsibility for your own work doesn't warrant much respect, in my opinion.

My 2 cents

Edit to add... If, in fact, the Skins do make a trade for Chad, I'll get behind the guy and hope for the best. But I genuinely hope the Skins stay away from this guy.

Postby yupchagee » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:23 pm

The biggest thing that bothers me about JLC is he doesn't seem to own up or take responsibility when he's wrong. He recklessly spits out nonfactual and unsubstantiated conjecture and never has to eat his words when he's proven to be wrong. I'd think the Post would want more responsible and ethical reporting, but I've seen the stance taken by the Post with regards to the Skins.

You must not read many newspapers.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Return to General Manager's Office