Wizards Reach Playoffs

Washington Capitals, Washington Nationals, Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, and D.C. United... all go here!
and Jackson
Posts: 8384
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2003 9:37 am
Location: Charles Town, WV

Postby JansenFan » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:59 pm

Fios wrote:I also have to say this, I have gone from antipathy toward to open hatred for the Wizards with the exceptions of Caron Butler (who should have been give the ball at the end of game 4), Antwaan Jamison (very classy and pathetically under-utilized ... always been one of my favorite players) and Antonio Daniels (should have started every game).


Me, too. :oops:

I'm glad the Caps are getting better. Hockey playoffs mean I can skip the NBA playoffs. Gilbert said before the season he will opt out. That is the best case scenario. The time he spent on IR showed that Butler can be the franchise player, and does so while making other's better. I'll admit, i bought into the Gilbert hype when he was making all those killer half-court end-of-quarter shots, but this season, I saw a whole different side of him. Cleared to play, yet missing important stretch run games where winning could mean playing some one besides the Cavs or at least getting home court. Talking smack about a guy who is 99% responsible for ousting you from the playoffs three years in a row? Some one who has owned you?

For secondary_chaos, I re-read my initial post, and I can see why you would get that impression, particularly since the third word is hate. :lol:

Hate isn't the right word, rally. I just don't know what the right word is. It's the type of hate I have for Duke, the Yankees, the Cowboys, the Patriots , etc. I can't stand it when teams and players that aren't my own dominating. I respect the hell out of them, butI dispise them for it.

Also, I'm glad to hear you are from Cleveland. I know sooo many people who are "life-long, die-hard" Cavs fans, that can't name a player that played for them without LeBron.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

The Evil Straw
Posts: 8135
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:30 pm
Location: Leather Chair

Postby Fios » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:13 pm

Arenas sitting out is the best thing that could have happened to the Wizards.
The Cavs are a bad - bad - road team, game 4 aside. Can't see the Wizards taking the series but they have a very real shot at forcing a game 7.
RIP Sean Taylor

Hog
Posts: 4716
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:20 am

Postby GSPODS » Thu May 01, 2008 5:56 am

Fios wrote:Arenas sitting out is the best thing that could have happened to the Wizards.
The Cavs are a bad - bad - road team, game 4 aside. Can't see the Wizards taking the series but they have a very real shot at forcing a game 7.


The Wizards, well, Caron Butler specifically, managed to force a game six.
While that game seven is a possibility, the odds of Cleveland losing three games in a row are next to nil.

The Evil Straw
Posts: 8135
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:30 pm
Location: Leather Chair

Postby Fios » Thu May 01, 2008 6:36 am

GSPODS wrote:
Fios wrote:Arenas sitting out is the best thing that could have happened to the Wizards.
The Cavs are a bad - bad - road team, game 4 aside. Can't see the Wizards taking the series but they have a very real shot at forcing a game 7.


The Wizards, well, Caron Butler specifically, managed to force a game six.
While that game seven is a possibility, the odds of Cleveland losing three games in a row are next to nil.


More accurately, Cleveland is not likely to lose again at home. Trust me, they are more than capable of dropping three in a row to Washington. Of the Cavs 82 regular-season games, I probably watched about 60 of them, I know this team and its many flaws all too well. Mike Brown is - hands down (man down*) - the worst coach in the NBA. By far.


*One person on this site will get that joke
RIP Sean Taylor

piggie
User avatar
Posts: 184
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:42 pm
Location: Right where I want to be...

Postby Secondary_Chaos » Thu May 01, 2008 12:56 pm

Fios wrote:
GSPODS wrote:
Fios wrote:Arenas sitting out is the best thing that could have happened to the Wizards.
The Cavs are a bad - bad - road team, game 4 aside. Can't see the Wizards taking the series but they have a very real shot at forcing a game 7.


The Wizards, well, Caron Butler specifically, managed to force a game six.
While that game seven is a possibility, the odds of Cleveland losing three games in a row are next to nil.


More accurately, Cleveland is not likely to lose again at home. Trust me, they are more than capable of dropping three in a row to Washington. Of the Cavs 82 regular-season games, I probably watched about 60 of them, I know this team and its many flaws all too well. Mike Brown is - hands down (man down*) - the worst coach in the NBA. By far.


*One person on this site will get that joke

:lol:


The Cavs can be a very frustrating team to watch. LeBron gets into his "Hot Shot LBJ" moods and likes to dribble around and take ridiculous fade away shots. The Cavs dont have an offense and they can play some unmotivated basketball. Mike Brown needs to go. The Cavs need to send him and his life long supply of cheesy puff cheetos on his merry little way. Then they need to hire a competent coach who can get LBJ to focus and play disciplined basketball. They will still win this series, and The King can beat Boston (ESPECIALLY if Atlanta is giving 'em a hard time), which means Brown is here to stay. Lets just hope that doesnt push LeBron out the door. go cavs. woo.
RIP #21

and Jackson
Posts: 8384
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2003 9:37 am
Location: Charles Town, WV

Postby JansenFan » Thu May 01, 2008 1:16 pm

The Cavs will win, because a Wizard guaranteed a game 7. This time, Coach Eddie Jordan. #-o ](*,)
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

The Evil Straw
Posts: 8135
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:30 pm
Location: Leather Chair

Postby Fios » Thu May 01, 2008 1:24 pm

JansenFan wrote:The Cavs will win, because a Wizard guaranteed a game 7. This time, Coach Eddie Jordan. #-o ](*,)


The Cavs lack discipline, seriously, there is no reason the Wizards should have an issue forcing a game 7 unless LeBron just decides to dominate the game.
RIP Sean Taylor

piggie
User avatar
Posts: 184
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:42 pm
Location: Right where I want to be...

Postby Secondary_Chaos » Sat May 03, 2008 8:15 am

One triple-double later and we're in the second round. 3 times now the Wizards and their fans watch their team booted from playoff contention in their house. Nicely done Cavs. Now we have to wait and see who wins the Bos-Atl series, which is a VERY good one. Anyone see that game last night? INTENSE!

ALL HAIL KING JAMES!
RIP #21

and Jackson
Posts: 8384
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2003 9:37 am
Location: Charles Town, WV

Postby JansenFan » Sat May 03, 2008 8:20 am

Boston is beatable. The Wizards owned them this year by putting Caron on Pierce. Caron held him in check with defense, and owned him on the offensive end.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

Hog
Posts: 4716
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:20 am

Postby GSPODS » Sat May 03, 2008 8:24 am

LeBron should easily be the MVP.
Without him, Cleveland is battling for lottery balls, not playoff wins.

piggie
User avatar
Posts: 184
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:42 pm
Location: Right where I want to be...

Postby Secondary_Chaos » Sat May 03, 2008 8:31 am

JansenFan wrote:Boston is beatable. The Wizards owned them this year by putting Caron on Pierce. Caron held him in check with defense, and owned him on the offensive end.


The Cavs split their series with Boston in the reg season and if James and Co. keep playing this way, Boston is definitely beatable. I would be ecstatic to see Atl in the next round tho. I can say this about the Cavs-Wiz series; it was an intense one. With all the talk and fouls and hard play, it was definitely a fun series to watch.
RIP #21

Return to Washington Sports Teams