Capitals Re-Sign Right Wing Matt Bradley

Washington Capitals, Washington Nationals, Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, and D.C. United... all go here!
and Jackson

Capitals Re-Sign Right Wing Matt Bradley

Postby JansenFan » Wed May 28, 2008 9:03 am

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – May 27, 2008

Capitals Re-Sign Right Wing Matt Bradley to Three-Year Contract

ARLINGTON, VA., – The Washington Capitals have re-signed right wing Matt Bradley to a three-year contract, vice president and general manager George McPhee announced today. In keeping with club policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Bradley, 29, appeared in 77 games last season for the Capitals, recording 18 points (seven goals, 11 assists) in his third year with the team. Bradley also added two assists in seven playoff games against Philadelphia. He finished the year fourth on the team with 74 penalty minutes, fifth with 126 hits and eighth with a career-high 111 shots on goal.

A 6’3”, 210-pound native of Stittsville, Ontario, Bradley was selected by San Jose in the fourth round of the 1996 NHL Entry Draft, 102nd overall. In his seven NHL seasons, he has played for San Jose, Pittsburgh and Washington totaling 411 games. Bradley has 95 career points (37 goals and 58 assists) and 359 penalty minutes. He was signed by Washington as a free agent on Aug. 18, 2005.

Matt Bradley
Right Wing
Ht.: 6’3” Wt.: 210 Shoots: Right
Born: June 13, 1978 (Stittsville, Ontario)
Drafted: San Jose’s fourth-round choice, 102nd overall, in the 1996 Entry Draft
Acquired: Signed as a free agent, Aug. 18, 2005

Solid move by the Caps. Bradley is asolid player. He's not spectacular at any one thing, but he's solid on both ends of the ice. He scores big goals in big situations. He's brings physical play and emotion to the Caps.

Still waiting for the 'Capitals Re-Sign Netminder Cristobal Huet' release though.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

Hog

Re: Capitals Re-Sign Right Wing Matt Bradley

Postby GSPODS » Wed May 28, 2008 9:07 am

JansenFan wrote:Solid move by the Caps. Bradley is asolid player. He's not spectacular at any one thing, but he's solid on both ends of the ice. He scores big goals in big situations. He's brings physical play and emotion to the Caps.

Still waiting for the 'Capitals Re-Sign Netminder Cristobal Huet' release though.

:up: on re-signing Bradley.

The Caps left themselves little choice other than to re-sign Huet, so I would anticipate that release you are asking for in the near future.

Return to Washington Sports Teams