Should we sign LeCharles Bentley?

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!

Should we sign LeCharles Bentley?

Postby rustedrootdown » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:49 pm

I noticed that the Browns have released him and I know he has not played in two seasons and that he just barley passed his physical but.......
He can play Guard or Center and we may be able to get him cheap. I really see no downside to this. He could back-up at the guard and center position and if he played well enough he could take over for Kendell when he is ready to retire. Just a thought anyway.

Hog

Postby skins2357 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:58 pm

if we could get him cheap then i like it. When healthy he was a very good lineman. The brows thought they signed a great lineman at bargain price but them he got injured. He would provide very solid depth if healthy

Postby yupchagee » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:03 pm

skins2357 wrote:if we could get him cheap then i like it. When healthy he was a very good lineman. The brows thought they signed a great lineman at bargain price but them he got injured. He would provide very solid depth if healthy

It wasn't a bargain price as I recall, something like $6M/yr. He said he wants to start & that won't happen here.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:53 pm

no thanks. we need young and cheap. we will have that post minicamp cuts

Hog

Postby absinthe1023 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:32 am

yupchagee wrote:
skins2357 wrote:if we could get him cheap then i like it. When healthy he was a very good lineman. The brows thought they signed a great lineman at bargain price but them he got injured. He would provide very solid depth if healthy

It wasn't a bargain price as I recall, something like $6M/yr. He said he wants to start & that won't happen here.

He won't start anywhere until he proves he can stay healthy. What would be the downside of signing him to the vet minimum and letting him compete for a starting job during training camp? If healthy, he represents an upgrade at C or at G opposite Thomas
"No one played with more heart."

-Clinton Portis on Sean Taylor

As of 11/27/07, I resolve to never again read any version of the Washington Post.

Hog

Postby BnGhog » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:36 pm

Don't he have a Staph infection? He may never play if can't get rid of that quickly.
I firmly believe the Patriots are the antichrist.

Postby yupchagee » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:58 pm

absinthe1023 wrote:
yupchagee wrote:

He won't start anywhere until he proves he can stay healthy. What would be the downside of signing him to the vet minimum and letting him compete for a starting job during training camp? If healthy, he represents an upgrade at C or at G opposite Thomas

We have solid starters everywhere. I doubt if he would be interested in signing here.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Return to General Manager's Office