Wizards Extend Jamison

Washington Capitals, Washington Nationals, Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, and D.C. United... all go here!
Hog
User avatar
Posts: 803
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:57 pm
Location: Fredericksburg Virginia

Wizards Extend Jamison

Postby ChocolateMilk » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:42 pm

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

You will be missed, but never forgotten

The Evil Straw
Posts: 8135
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:30 pm
Location: Leather Chair

Postby Fios » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:17 am

Smart move, I'm obviously not a Wizards fan but he and Caron are my favorite Wizards
RIP Sean Taylor

Hog
Posts: 4716
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:20 am

Postby GSPODS » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:22 am

Jamison is the most consistent, and the least injured of the Wizards "Big Three." It was definitely a smart move locking him up.

Baron Davis just hit the free agent market, however, so I don't know if I can say the same about locking up Gilbert Arenas. Davis didn't miss a game last season. Arenas hardly played. Either player will cost a fortune, but does anyone trust Arenas' knee at this point? I don't even know if he does.

Junior Hog
User avatar
Posts: 11246
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 3:18 am
Location: Mayo, Maryland

Postby Jake » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:11 pm

VERY important signing... now we have to lock Gil up.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

The Evil Straw
Posts: 8135
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:30 pm
Location: Leather Chair

Postby Fios » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:55 pm

Jake wrote:VERY important signing... now we have to lock Gil up.


I'm with GSPODS on this one, were I Ernie Grunfelfd, I'd be in no particular hurry to retain him. I'd want assurances for assurances for that knee. In fact, I'd be reluctant to make a deal any longer than three seasons.
RIP Sean Taylor

Hog
Posts: 4716
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:20 am

Postby GSPODS » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:28 pm

Fios wrote:
Jake wrote:VERY important signing... now we have to lock Gil up.


I'm with GSPODS on this one, were I Ernie Grunfelfd, I'd be in no particular hurry to retain him. I'd want assurances for assurances for that knee. In fact, I'd be reluctant to make a deal any longer than three seasons.


Agreeing with GSPODS can kill a reputation quickly. Don't make a habit of it.
I can't reasonably believe anyone is going to offer Arenas a $100 million contract. Not when both Baron Davis and Corey Maggette are available and probably cheaper.

Junior Hog
User avatar
Posts: 11246
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 3:18 am
Location: Mayo, Maryland

Postby Jake » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:41 pm

GSPODS wrote:
Fios wrote:
Jake wrote:VERY important signing... now we have to lock Gil up.


I'm with GSPODS on this one, were I Ernie Grunfelfd, I'd be in no particular hurry to retain him. I'd want assurances for assurances for that knee. In fact, I'd be reluctant to make a deal any longer than three seasons.


Agreeing with GSPODS can kill a reputation quickly. Don't make a habit of it.
I can't reasonably believe anyone is going to offer Arenas a $100 million contract. Not when both Baron Davis and Corey Maggette are available and probably cheaper.


Golden State already did... 5 year deal worth over 100 mil.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Hog
Posts: 4716
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:20 am

Postby GSPODS » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:44 pm

Jake wrote:
GSPODS wrote:
Fios wrote:
Jake wrote:VERY important signing... now we have to lock Gil up.


I'm with GSPODS on this one, were I Ernie Grunfelfd, I'd be in no particular hurry to retain him. I'd want assurances for assurances for that knee. In fact, I'd be reluctant to make a deal any longer than three seasons.


Agreeing with GSPODS can kill a reputation quickly. Don't make a habit of it.
I can't reasonably believe anyone is going to offer Arenas a $100 million contract. Not when both Baron Davis and Corey Maggette are available and probably cheaper.


Golden State already did... 5 year deal worth over 100 mil.


I saw that. I guess they aren't expecting Baron Davis back. But I'd let Arenas go at that price. His knee isn't going to get any better. He won't play long enough to fill the contract.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 803
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:57 pm
Location: Fredericksburg Virginia

Postby ChocolateMilk » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:28 pm

i really think his knee wil be fine, but thats probably the optimistic fan side of me talking. i dont know

what i do know is Arenas is one of only a few players in the league who can just take over a game. He goes into this mode where no ones gonna stop him. And if he still is that player then he is worth the 100 mil (no one is really worth that much IMO but if thats what ya gotta pay then what ever). I just hope that IF they do re-sign him that he is that same player.
R.I.P. Sean Taylor

You will be missed, but never forgotten

and Jackson
Posts: 8384
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2003 9:37 am
Location: Charles Town, WV

Postby JansenFan » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:48 am

ChocolateMilk wrote:i really think his knee wil be fine, but thats probably the optimistic fan side of me talking. i dont know

what i do know is Arenas is one of only a few players in the league who can just take over a game. He goes into this mode where no ones gonna stop him. And if he still is that player then he is worth the 100 mil (no one is really worth that much IMO but if thats what ya gotta pay then what ever). I just hope that IF they do re-sign him that he is that same player.


Except against the Cavs. ;furious;
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

Hog
Posts: 4716
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:20 am

Postby GSPODS » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:00 am

JansenFan wrote:
ChocolateMilk wrote:i really think his knee wil be fine, but thats probably the optimistic fan side of me talking. i dont know

what i do know is Arenas is one of only a few players in the league who can just take over a game. He goes into this mode where no ones gonna stop him. And if he still is that player then he is worth the 100 mil (no one is really worth that much IMO but if thats what ya gotta pay then what ever). I just hope that IF they do re-sign him that he is that same player.


Except against the Cavs. ;furious;


Touche. I think it's fairly obvious the Wizards aren't going to be advancing in the playoffs with their current lineup. They are going to have to make a change somewhere. The obvious change is Arenas. I'm not anti-Gilbert, but this lineup is going nowhere fast.

and Jackson
Posts: 8384
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2003 9:37 am
Location: Charles Town, WV

Postby JansenFan » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:36 am

Elton Brand would look good in Gold and Black. ;-)
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

Hog
Posts: 4716
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:20 am

Postby GSPODS » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:47 am

JansenFan wrote:Elton Brand would look good in Gold and Black. ;-)


I was thinking the same thing. Jamison at the 3 and Butler at the 2 sounds like a really nice combo, especially with Stevenson, Mason, Young, Blatche, etc. as role players.

In a perfect world, Brand and Baron Davis would look goos in Wizards uniforms.

and Jackson
Posts: 8384
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2003 9:37 am
Location: Charles Town, WV

Postby JansenFan » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:53 am

baron already signed with the clippers.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

Hog
Posts: 4716
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:20 am

Postby GSPODS » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:56 am

JansenFan wrote:baron already signed with the clippers.


I missed that. #-o
Well, in that case, it is going to be difficult to replace Arenas production.
His production at full strength, that is. I'm still not convinced Gilbert will ever be that player again.

Return to Washington Sports Teams