Paying The Price

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
Hog

Paying The Price

Postby GSPODS » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:29 am

The Franchise Player tag doesn't mean a player is off the market.
It only means that player is going to cost any team, including the team that applied the Franchise tag, a huge amount of money.

So, here's the question: As owner or GM of the Washington Redskins, for the princely sum of two first-round draft choices and $10 Million or more per season, who do you sign away from another team? Who's worth it? Is anyone? I wouldn't pay the asking price. Would You?

cappster

Postby Cappster » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:49 am

Tom Brady. The only problem with signing a franchise player is that the only position worth signing is a star quarterback. Most of the time a team will take care of star quarterback with a long term deal rather than franchise him.
Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 280x, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:30 am

Cappster wrote:Tom Brady. The only problem with signing a franchise player is that the only position worth signing is a star quarterback. Most of the time a team will take care of star quarterback with a long term deal rather than franchise him.

I would say a Defensive End is also worth it. I honestly believe that we are one good defensive end away from being a heck of a lot better. With a good defensive end opposite Carter, it would shift offensive line focus away from Carter giving him a lot more 1vs1s. Carter is a beast pound for pound, he's just missing a few pounds. Imagine what someone like Strahan pulling regular 2vs1 would do for Carter....
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

Return to General Manager's Office