Definitive revelation from Philly game....

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
----

Definitive revelation from Philly game....

Postby HitDoctor » Mon Oct 06, 2003 11:39 am

Philly has seen their last NFC Championship game for a while! \:D/
it is what it is

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Oct 06, 2003 12:44 pm

well they may not have looked very impressive, but they did still win... and at 2-2 now... i don't think I'm going to make that bold a prediction just yet.

Only because I think ANY team can win on a given day... and I'm still not convinced that the Eagles aren't going to make a run at the division title.

They beat us without any CB's... and we've got stout WRs. That defense is still pretty good, and Jim Johnson showed me yesterday that he's a good DC too. He did an awful lot with very little.

Thank god the Eagles are cheap as hell... with 12 million bucks in the cap kitty... they'd be devastating if they weren't so frugal.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

-------

Postby RedskinsFreak » Mon Oct 06, 2003 12:51 pm

For most of the game I was totally confident that the Eagles offense wasn't going to move the ball 50, 60, 70 yards on any one possession. (That last TD was the result of the cumulative effect of wear on the D)

The D-line even got pressure on McNabb, against an O-line with 3 Pro Bowl players.

I'm surprised (but then again, I'm not) that the Redskins' biggest concerns again lie on the offensive side of the ball.

(Oh, and Chad Morton still looking to prove he's worth it)
***** Hail To The Redskins!!! *****

BA + MS = A New Beginning

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Oct 06, 2003 1:25 pm

(Oh, and Chad Morton still looking to prove he's worth it)

??????????????????

I don't agree with ya there bud... though he struggled early... I think he's made some really strong returns in the last couple of games. I think he's ready to bust one too.

He's very good at fielding tough balls, and he also has very few BAD returns.

I just think our coverage isn't all that great... it's definitely improving though and not the bain of the team as of late.

Morton's drop on 3rd down yesterday was bad, though it was amplified greatly by Chris 'Could I shove my head any further up the Eagles butt' Collinsworth.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Hog

Postby woohit56 » Mon Oct 06, 2003 4:15 pm

BossHog wrote:Morton's drop on 3rd down yesterday was bad, though it was amplified greatly by Chris 'Could I shove my head any further up the Eagles butt' Collinsworth.

Man isn't that the truth. A true SKINS hater. And to think he's getting paid to give 'fair analysis'. Too bad the AFC didn't win Super Bowls when he played. haha, punk.

+++

Postby NikiH » Mon Oct 06, 2003 5:02 pm

Anyone who says Morton is still looking to prove his worth has mentally blocked out all of last season. LOL Do you remember how many times we botched something as simple as fair catch or short return?? Chad was well worth the money! I think it was a wise decision to have someone so solid even if his key role is kick returner.
Whenever I start to get blue, I just breathe!

My favortie line from the Simpsons:

Flanders: "Looks like someone is having a pre-rapture party!"

Homer: "No Flanders, it's a meeting of gay witches for abortion , you wouldn't be interested!"

Brown in the Hall

Postby NC43Hog » Mon Oct 06, 2003 5:52 pm

Haven't heard Bailey Champing at the bit to return punts this year.:D Chad has is covered.

BUT DANTE HALL - good googa mooga. This guy is playing at ideal performance state for sure. Looked like some sort of water bug yesterday.
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Wormer

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:59 pm

I have to say that I remember last year - that is why I don't get down on the special teams that much in the 5th Quarter. I think the coverage needs to get better and it has been. Look at the return stats from yesterday - no returns over 25 yards. All of the return averages quite a bit lower than the first 3 games especially.

I may not always agree with Morton calling a fair catch when he does - but I stop to think about the fact that I ain't down there looking at his lanes closing up in front of him either.
Rich in Roanoke

piggie

Postby REDSKINMARK » Mon Oct 06, 2003 7:17 pm

I must agree that Morton is definitely worth the Snyder cash. I remember always being in a state of panic when the ball was either kicked off or punted, not knowing whether we were going to muff the catch or just gain the measly 8 to 10 yds per return.

The other aspects of Morton's game will soon come around.

Now, is it me or am I just noticing that we seem to have problems in certin areas of the team each week. One week I dont see the D-line w/a solid pass rush, then the following week I see the DB's getting lit up, then the O-line has issues or I see the WR's dropping crucial passes. Just wondring when are we going to put it all together for one solid week.

I'm sure it is just around the corner...I can feel it.
HAIL GIBBS' FROM SO CAL. MAY HE BRING THE TOUGHNESS AND PROFESSIONALISM THAT WE HAVE BEEN LACKING!!

Hog

Postby General Failure » Mon Oct 06, 2003 7:22 pm

BossHog wrote:Thank god the Eagles are cheap as hell... with 12 million bucks in the cap kitty... they'd be devastating if they weren't so frugal.

Article on how the Iggs cap is handled.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Mon Oct 06, 2003 7:26 pm

DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED on dropped passes - if Gardner drops one more I think he needs to get splinters in his butt for a while.

I counted at least 6 dropped passes until I chewed my pencil in half. I was amazed - I had better hands as a LB for criminys sake. What in the world happened to our "possesion" receiver? Possession, IMO, means ART friggin MONK baby - than man didn't know the meaning of a dropped pass. If he dropped it, it was because the defender did it TO him, not because ::whining voice:: the QB throws it too hard ::snivel::

If you paid me that money - I would catch it, take the hit and be thankful for it.

I told you not to get me started ::grin::
Rich in Roanoke

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006