Well - isn't it about time...

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
sfir

Well - isn't it about time...

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Mon Oct 06, 2003 7:22 pm

The daggone "team leaders" started speaking out?

I love this quote from the Post:

The Redskins had seven false starts among their 11 penalties today. That continued to infuriate Coach Steve Spurrier, who mentioned the possibility of getting Lennie Friedman, a backup at guard and center, into the lineup. The Redskins' offensive linemen continue to have trouble hearing quarterback Patrick Ramsey's audibles, but Spurrier said, "You do have to audible in this game."

Right tackle Jon Jansen said, "If we want to get to the playoffs and accomplish what we want to accomplish, we have to start playing better than we played tonight."

Defensive end Regan Upshaw had a costly personal foul in the fourth quarter, and Spurrier said: "When players do that, to me, it's a very selfish act, when players commit fouls when the ball is dead. I wish our guys overall would be a lot more accountable for their actions."

Said middle linebacker Jeremiah Trotter: "At some point, we as players have to do something about it. It's not them [the coaches]. It's us."

Um... Jeremiah - I love ya brother and I would kill to help you out in this situation, but as I think most of the fans on here would say -

Friggin DUH!
Rich in Roanoke

Brown in the Hall

Postby NC43Hog » Mon Oct 06, 2003 8:22 pm

Actions speak louder than words BABY.

For years Norvie made excuses for all sorts of blunders and the players would say, "It's up to us to change things not the coaches, we have to assume responsibility". We all know how that turned out.

Let's see it on the field next week, cause if we don't TB is going to clean our clock.

I want my Skins to succeed! Spoken like a loving parent.
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Wormer

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Mon Oct 06, 2003 8:39 pm

So true - but I will say we have seen more fight and more will to win this year than we have in the last 12 put together.

If SOS makes adjustments then I think we have a good chance to come out on the winning end this year - I still say 9-7 or 10-6 is doable with adjustments.
Rich in Roanoke

Brown in the Hall

Postby NC43Hog » Mon Oct 06, 2003 10:02 pm

Rich,

TB is the test of the season (at least this week) - at last check they were pasting the Colts 21-0.

If we want to see how well we bounce back from adversity, then here we go baby, defending SB champs.

I think we can win if we just don't shoot ourselves in the foot every other play. We have the D, we have to O, and special teams are coming around thanks to better coverage and Jetskin Hall and Jetskin Morton. No turnovers, smart play and for Gods sake don't move til the ball is snapped - and run the frigin play ss and pr.

See how easy it can be.

:rock:
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Wormer

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006