Observations from row 14

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
----

Observations from row 14

Postby HitDoctor » Mon Oct 06, 2003 11:08 am

First off, no skins fans tossed from the upper deck, but there were many a scuffle (Philly fans are trash but we all know that). Smack talker was sitting next to me and decided in the third quarter to emphasize how HORRIBLE Ramsey is. I took my Mother to the game (who is an Eagle fan) so I maintained control. Now, to the meat and potatoes:

The Offensive players are not taking care of each other. Receivers are dropping balls, the line is the most undisciplined unit, and the coaching staff did not gameplan well. Philly was there for the plucking, their secondary was dessimated and they didn't go downfield nearly enough.

The receivers need a huge gut check but Ramsey's not completely off the hook either. That intercepted screen was nowhere near Betts and more than a few passes were off target. The BIG problem however is this audible system. No one seems to know what to do and a majority of the offsides came while players along the line and receviers were trying to HEAR the change. I couldn't hear my Mom and she was sitting right next to me so you know the players had a hard time with this. They need a better method. No other team has as much trouble with this as the skins.

As a rebuttle to BH, this was a huge game for the skins. Our record sucks in the division and the schedule doesn't get any easier. Freaking dallass is in FIRST place, Philly is overrated and the giants are a fraud. We just keep laying down in what I think is the weekest division in football when we should be, at this point, 5-0. In order to win the division and be a contender, the skins HAVE TO WIN THESE BIG GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I'm asking for much because afterall Ramsey still hasn't played a full season (10 starts) so with that, I love our upside.

Eliminate the sloppy play= winning big games

GO Skins!
it is what it is

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Oct 06, 2003 11:11 am

... good post... thanks for the recap.

I still think our season is far from over and never once said that the game wasn't important... just that it wasn't do or die. You are correct that our div record now sucks but one of those losses is an away div game and should be expected... even if we COULD have, SHOULD have won.

I agree with the rest of the post though. P-Ram looked young yesterday and the team looked worse.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Brown in the Hall

Postby NC43Hog » Mon Oct 06, 2003 11:15 am

It's good to hear from someone who had a "Birds Eye" view - no pun intended.

Seemed that most of the game neither team wanted it. You take it, nooo I don't want it you take it!!!

Your opinions have been echoed through this and I am sure many other Redskins channels.

Bright Spot: John Hall and the special teams (no really major mishaps)
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Wormer

----

Postby HitDoctor » Mon Oct 06, 2003 11:31 am

One thing that I really loved about the game was Trotter's play. I REALLY wanted the skins to win so I could put it in the Eagle fans face FOR him. All things considered, the skins have DEFINITELY narrowed the gap between them and the rest of the division. There will be no blowouts in the division this season.
it is what it is

piggie

Postby REDSKINMARK » Mon Oct 06, 2003 12:05 pm

The defense played great! They did alot better job on the D-line and containing McNabb. And that last touchdown looked like a score on a tired D (cause they had been on the field most of dammed game).

We definately showed our NFL inexperience, at all levels: Coaching (game planning, O-line), QB and execution. It appears that is the case when we play the better teams in the league...we can't hide our lack of experience.

I am so on the fence with this team. We have made big strides compared to last year, but we just cant put a full 60 minutes together, on all phases of the game, like most playoff teams do.

Unitl I see us do this, I believe we will have a hard time making the playoffs. Now dallasssss appears to have momentum...here they come. They definately have a good game plan unlike....well you know.

I sit here in So Cal hoping for the best next week, because the Bucs do not allow much in the way of scoring, run or pass.

Hail Arrington.
HAIL GIBBS' FROM SO CAL. MAY HE BRING THE TOUGHNESS AND PROFESSIONALISM THAT WE HAVE BEEN LACKING!!

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:01 am

John Hall and the special teams (no really major mishaps)

i still expect the worst when i see the place kicker take the field. hail john hall. great work from long distance. maybe our best aquisition of the offseason. he'll definantly score more points than anyone else we picked up.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006