Too little, too late....again...

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
---

Too little, too late....again...

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Oct 05, 2003 6:42 pm

What is going to have to happen to get our offense into the game earlier? They only seem to come out to play when the game is almost over. Our D kept us in AGAIN!!! Our Special Teams kept us in! We should have won this, and the Giants game.....

We won't beat the BUC's next week playin like this.

Too many penalties, horrible drops, lack of concentration. I know our D was tired, but it looked like they gave up on that last Eagle TD!

They tried to come back so it made it a little better, but like I said, too little, too late.

Brown in the Hall

Postby NC43Hog » Sun Oct 05, 2003 6:45 pm

I say we always play like we are down by 17. That's what a good team should do anyway.

And for GAWDS sake lose the audibles if all you are going to do is false start 20 times a game. It's annoying as @!*&@*

:explode:
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Wormer

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Sun Oct 05, 2003 10:16 pm

I agree to a point speek - time to adjust as this is killing us. We are ending up with 30+ yards of penalties every week due to false start, etc.

Those can be drive killers
Rich in Roanoke

Hog

Postby skinsfanno9 » Mon Oct 06, 2003 7:13 am

Seriously, why didn't we go down the field more? I like the idea of trying a semi-hurry up offense and really spread it out. That would have worked today.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Oct 06, 2003 8:27 am

Seriously, why didn't we go down the field more?

... because we couldn't run to save our lives and Ramsey was getting killed every time he stood in the pocket for more than 2 seconds.

Dockery was awful yesterday. Hard to believe a guy that big, can't even get in the way more often than he did. Their d-line OWNED our o-line ysterday. They were able to stop the run completely with just their front 7 too, so they had safety help on the WRs all day long and Michael LEwis had a good game.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Hog

Postby General Failure » Mon Oct 06, 2003 5:58 pm

If you look at the stats the Eagles defense has done well all year against the run. 94 attempts for 222 yards, a 2.4 average.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:56 pm

ick - bad number to have to crash up against.

I like the idea of a hurry up offense against a blitzing team. Might get them off balance - but we would have to be more disciplined. A LOT more
Rich in Roanoke

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:13 am

I like the idea of a hurry up offense against a blitzing team. Might get them off balance - but we would have to be more disciplined. A LOT more

it worked well during those last few posessions. we didn't do enough quick stuff to beat a D like philly's either. imo spurrier called a weak game.
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Oct 07, 2003 9:27 am

hailskins666 wrote:

it worked well during those last few posessions. we didn't do enough quick stuff to beat a D like philly's either. imo spurrier called a weak game.

Amen... I couldn't believe we didn't start the second half in the 'hurry up'. I thought that would've been a great half-time adjustment. Plus, when you're in the hurry up, but not really hurrying... the linemen tend to be able to casually saunter to the line and only really settle when they're ready to run a play. The Rams used to do it a lot. I'm sure that would have helped the false starts some (heck doing ANYTHING would've wouldn't it?)

Brown in the Hall

Postby NC43Hog » Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:06 am

Anything to get the linemen off the count quicker. Less time to false start.

What about a few designed rollouts every once and awhile. I know P-Ram doesn't have the best wheels but he has shown more mobility this year than in the past. Would also take the pressure off the line to hold the pocket indefinitely. Just for a change of pace.
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Wormer

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:12 am

Personally, if I was struggling as badly as we were at it... I'd try ALL of these things.

Roll outs, hurry ups, quick snaps, extra protection, holding hands, stomping a mud hole in the offenders'... you get the picture.

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006