Big O-Line Problems

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Mon Oct 06, 2003 7:09 pm

learnnew - everyone - Look - when you overload a line, you are bringing 4-5 guys on a side where only *2* are blocking. If you disguise it properly - and Philly did, this is where you are seeing the problems with 3 guys suddenly appearing in P Rams face.

When you are going against a defense with issues in the secondary - but is *KNOWN* and well known in fact for being a blitzing defense when they have problems - WHY don't you go to 2 WR 2 RB and a TE and run one of the backs out of the backfield or get the receiving TE and use him? Why not use a smaller DE as a FB and have him block?

Just to say that you can't go to 4 WR isn't any more right than saying you can't beat a secondary with 2 WR.

As far as audibles - give P-Ram and the OL the real play over the helmet com, and on the sidelines every defensive series - assign 3 audibles and their meanings. Make it as simple as 1,2,3 fingers. It would change every defensive series - so keep it simple.

By the way learnnew - 3 WR, 1 TE, FB, RB, 5 OL and 1 QB = 12 men on the field. :)
Rich in Roanoke

swine

Postby learnnew » Wed Oct 08, 2003 3:39 pm

oops! my bad! didn't count right! i didn't mean to say that we can't run a 4 WR formation against heavy-blitzing team. its all about mixing things up isn't it? as long as u aren't able to beat something, the other team would keep running the same variations over and over again. what i meant in my messed up previous post where i couldn't count 11 was to suggest having one less WRs in the plays. rich i think u got that perfect! i think we should use more guys to block (FB,RB,TE) and then beat the blitz by confusing them on who's going to be the receiver - WR (if he's open) or TE or RB.

reg. the audibles i guess u made it real simple. i'm sure these guys can handle a bit more complicated stuff than that. but yeah, something simple enough to run without all these pros flinching and what not!
Go Skins! For 10-6 or higher!

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006