Lavar's giving us ENERGY!!!!

Washington Redskins' Game Day discussions for 2003, 2004, and 2005
piglet

Lavar's giving us ENERGY!!!!

Postby redskinfan » Thu Oct 09, 2003 4:20 pm

Heeellll yeah!!Lavar saying those remarks to fat boy is just what the redskins and fans need.It's done gave me some juice boys!!Remember agianst the Ravens when we had some much attitude and energy or even the Jets.I believe our team and fans need to go hard more.You always hear the players saying it's 80 to 90 percent mental and having the edge is sometimes just playin to smack someone, you know.I love it personally and I'm tellin Bucs fans to watch out cause the skins are gonna beat some a*s. :evil:

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Thu Oct 09, 2003 4:25 pm

I agree.....we need attitude, fire and intensity week in and week out....that's SS's job though (and maybe a few players), IMHO....and usually should be handled in the locker room....I don't have a big problem with it being handled in the press to get the home fans involved........Lavar couldn't have picked a bigger loud mouth to exchange smack with

I am also concerned that Lavar is doing this for his own gain and press, rather than the good of the team. I hope I'm wrong here.
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:03 pm

I am also concerned that Lavar is doing this for his own gain and press, rather than the good of the team. I hope I'm wrong here

What would he have to gain? He gets the press anyway... trust me, go to Redskin Park and watch the media flock to Lavar first and most often... regardless. So he's not gaining anything personally IMO. He's just trying to light a fire. We need the attitude... we need some personality. He's our leader.

Redskinfan... sup bro... it's been a while it seems. Hope things are well.[/quote]
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:14 pm

I agree BH - I don't think he gloms onto the media - watch him on that While you were out show - he is almost terminally shy. He makes a few comments but otherwise he isn't a motor mouth the way some of the NFL's finest are.
Rich in Roanoke

Brown in the Hall

Postby NC43Hog » Thu Oct 09, 2003 10:06 pm

There is a difference between lighting a fire and saying dumb stuff. Lavar doesn't seem to cross the line - probably because he is a pretty sharp guy.

I used to love the old days when it was ok to hate the other team (and let them know it in the media) - especially the Cowboys. I mean we really hated each other - Diron Talbert really wanted to knock Roger Staubachs head off. Remember when we broke Charlie Waters arm in the 1972 NFC Championship. Now don't get me wrong, I don't want guys going out trying to intentionally hurt people, but I do miss the fire and intensity of a good old fashioned rivalry - new or old.

Just do me a favor Lavar - come thru for me and bring about 22 for your Redskin teammates with you.
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Wormer

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:32 am

I hope you're right Boss. I know someone needs to fire up the troops. I'll be glad to have Lavar do it....and couldn't agree more with Speek...and would love to hear some hate-speak about are dreaded rivals and rekindle the fire and the rivalry. The past 10 years or so have been a joke as far as intensity when playing the pukes! Brian Mitchell is the only one I remember who hated the pukes....and let everyone know it.
We'll miss you, Joe.

----

Postby HitDoctor » Sat Oct 11, 2003 8:23 pm

Lavar is just a flat out player. I love our LB's!!!
it is what it is

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Sun Oct 12, 2003 7:46 pm

Last I checked....aren't LBs usually responsible for TE coverage? Our LBs were toasted today! Weak performance by the entire d IMHO.
We'll miss you, Joe.

Return to Washington Redskins Game Day - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006