Eddie Jordan FIRED!

Washington Capitals, Washington Nationals, Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, and D.C. United... all go here!
**LPJ**

Eddie Jordan FIRED!

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:34 pm

Was it too early for Eddie to get fired with such a horrible start losing more than once to the Knicks? All I know is he got us as far as we can go with these players and I'd hate to still lose after he's gone.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3722783
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:02 pm

I think this is a bad decision. It's not all his fault. I liked what he brought to the team.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:20 pm

Nuts.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:18 pm

Really stupid decision ... not quite as stupid as that Arenas contract but still short-sighted. I have a tough time believing the Wizards will be anywhere near relevant for the next few seasons. Which I find unfortunate given how much I enjoy watching the Cavs beat them in the playoffs over and over and over again.
RIP Sean Taylor

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:13 am

WTF? :shock: Your a Cav fan? Good grief man!

I think firing him was bs, we just suck
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:59 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:WTF? :shock: Your a Cav fan? Good grief man!

I think firing him was bs, we just suck
I inherited my love for the Redskins from my father, we left the DC area for Cleveland when I was in third grade. That's when I first took an interest in sports and even though the Cavs and Indians were awful (I was there 83-89), I was hooked.
Personally, I'd fire Ernie Grunfeld, I know I keep harping on this but that Arenas contract is a disaster. It was smart (I guess) for him not to take the max deal but there is no way I'd offer him a six-year deal in the first place. He's coming off knee surgeries (never good for a NBA player, let alone a guard) and hasn't played at an elite level of basketball since 2007. No other team would have offered anywhere near that. A 3 year deal with a club option for the fourth is the most I would have offered.
RIP Sean Taylor

Hog

Postby jeremyroyce » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:30 pm

I wanted to ask you guys a question. I don't follow basketball like I do football but didn't Eddie Jordan gets the Wizards to the playoffs in June? And secondly don't you think that this was a little early only 11 games into the season?

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:39 pm

I have a tough time believing the Wizards will be anywhere near relevant

The Wizards will remain irrelevant until they return to a proper name.

Might I suggest "The Bullets"?
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:12 pm

jeremyroyce wrote:I wanted to ask you guys a question. I don't follow basketball like I do football but didn't Eddie Jordan gets the Wizards to the playoffs in June?

Yes he did, (not June but late April, early May) with a less than fully healthy roster ... granted, some of that owed to what was a weak Eastern Conference but it was impressive none the less, especially the way the Wizards played in the latter half of the season. Of course they lost to Cleveland, as always. :twisted:

jeremyroyce wrote:And secondly don't you think that this was a little early only 11 games into the season?

Yes and it's particularly early when any realistic look at the Wizards roster has them as a 40 win team at best and not too far from being a lottery team. Granted, I've been critical of Jordan's seeming indifference toward defense but that may be a matter of coaching to his personnel. Either way, the firing was stupid.
RIP Sean Taylor

The Evil Straw

Postby Fios » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:15 pm

Countertrey wrote:
I have a tough time believing the Wizards will be anywhere near relevant

The Wizards will remain irrelevant until they return to a proper name.

Might I suggest "The Bullets"?

I like the Bullets name and jerseys so much better. The Wizards might have the blandest uniforms and home crowds in the NBA. For the record, I have learned a dislike for the Wizards but I end up following them and rooting for them (some) given my proximity to DC. I can't watch their broadcasts with the sound on, Steve Buckhantz (sp?) whines like he gets paid to do just that.
RIP Sean Taylor

Return to Washington Sports Teams