College Lacrosse

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
~~~~~

College Lacrosse

Postby Warmother » Sat May 08, 2004 8:33 pm

In addition to being a diehard Redskin fan, I love the game of lacrosse. The college playoffs are starting soon and I was wondering if anybody else follows the sport and if you do what team do You think will win the Div. 1 and III championships. I think Johns Hopkins will win the D-I and Salisbury D-III. Both teams are loaded both on offense and defense.
"I never apologize. I'm sorry but that's just the way I am."

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun May 09, 2004 1:12 pm

My Terps always get my hopes up for the playoffs (just like in soccer), but never have been able to pull off the championship. I think this year they still have a chance, even though it's probably not as much of a chance as in previous years. Anyway, I think that they will win (and Johns Hopkins can have my 2nd most likely candidate award). But I definitely don't see UVA repeating.

Speaking of which, I used to play against Kyle Dixon (a young UVA attackman) in high school, giving me even more reason to hate them. :)
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

~~~~~

Postby Warmother » Tue May 11, 2004 10:22 am

Well UVA didn't make the tourney because of there record. I'd love to see Maryland win it all but Hopkins is so loaded. They have 5 or 6 guys who can put the ball in the net and I'm not sure anybody has enough defense to stop them. Hopkins blitzed Maryland when they played earlier this year, granted the game was at Hopkins.
It should be a good tournament starting this weekend. Towson vs Georgetown could be a good game.
"I never apologize. I'm sorry but that's just the way I am."

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Thu May 13, 2004 1:26 pm

I don't really follow it, but I did get a chance to see most of the ACC championship game. It was an exciting game, and that kid Walters is a great scorer. I saw a portion of the UMD-John Hopkins game also and I was really impressed with their team and the way they handled the Terps. I am pulling for my Terpies, but as you said, from what I have seen of John Hopkins, I don't think anyone will beat them. GO TERPS!
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

Return to The Lounge