The Ball Coach Needs Some Guts

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
piggie

The Ball Coach Needs Some Guts

Postby The Skins Fan » Mon Oct 13, 2003 5:15 pm

Here is my outtake for the offense thus far this season:

The Reskins are Loaded with all kinds of weapons: Offensively and Defensively. I don't think I need to go over all the names (they should be obvious). It's also obvious what have cost the Redskins thus far (Penalties, QB Sacks and Pressures and Hits, Miscommunications, Missed Assignments, Dropped Passes, Missed Blocks and No Defensive Pass Rush etc etc etc) I have been in the sport of football all of my life. These miscues must go on the coaches as well as the players because they are result to a Lack Of Discipline. For instance, after a bad penalty, QB sack or Missed block, Coach Spurrier's emotion is the sign of "oh darn, here we go again" and the look on his face is always "Oh, Man". What I'm getting at is he and the entire coaching staff needs to start getting after these players-on the sideline, during the game. Take coaches such as Bill Cowher, Bill Parcells, Brian Billick, John Gruden to name a few- These coaches jump in players faces, bench them for a series or two and get on them as soon as they walk off the field- Thats why these coaches are successful in this league-the EMOTION. Their teams are successful because they don't make these types of mistakes..Why??? These teams have discipline. Everyone of us have seen these coaches emotions towards mistakes by players week in and week out. Now Im not saying Coach Spurrier doesn't show or have "emotion" but not an aggressive one. All through last season and through this season thus far, when players flat out mess up they go back to the sideline and sit on the bench until an assistant coach comes over and chats with them. These coaches and Coach Spurrier need get some guts, get mad, and to start getting in some of these players faces and sit them down for a bit. Take Jon Jansen for instance, the team Captain, a Leader- And he's having, in my opinion, his worst season of his career- penalties, getting beat among other mistakes and I have yet to see any coach jump on him on the sideline during the game. He sets a tone being the Captain that the rest of the team follow and look up to. I have faith in Coach Spurrier and I believe he can be a very successful coach in the NFL-but not until he grows some guts, show some more emotion towards his players and starts kicking some butts...Like I said, this teams downfall is due from LACK OF DISCIPLINE and that comes from the coaching staff.
Hail to the Redskins...Hail Victory!!!

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Mon Oct 13, 2003 5:39 pm

welcome The Skins Fan

in short...that's just not SS and I think it will hamper his ability to succeed in the NFL
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

Hog

Postby redskincity » Mon Oct 13, 2003 5:43 pm

SOS is going to be a good coach. He will adjust and learn we just have to be patient. I bet Dan is pissed off alittle and he will adjust too. He will give an offer sheet to an offensive line coordinator on some team (Steelers) ROTFALMAO
• NFL Championships
1937, 1942, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Conference Championships
1936, 1937, 1940, 1942, 1943, 1945, 1972, 1982, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Division Championships
1972, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1987, 1991, 1999,
• All-Time Record:
515-465-27

Brown in the Hall

Postby NC43Hog » Mon Oct 13, 2003 6:29 pm

Let's not forget!

Our Greatest Coach, His Majesty Gibbs did not rant-n-rave on the sidelines. He commanded respect and discipline by treating his players openly and fairly, and they responded.

The jury is still out concerning SS but lets give him a break at 3-3. Who knows, the visor may start flying next week just to make you feel better SKins Fan.

Welcome aboard.
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Wormer

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football