summer movies

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Wed May 12, 2004 3:53 pm

Not a lot of stuff out there calls out to me. A lot is trashy stuff.

The Passion of the Christ was the last movie I saw (AWESOME!!!), and after hearing the criticism, I decided I would not give my money to people that criticized the "offensive" material in The Passion, yet find it okay to put out trash like "Soul Plane", "Kill Bill" and all the other garbage out there.

I will, however, see Spiderman 2. The first one was excellent, and i can't wait to see them top that.

I would definitely see the Batman movie. I never saw the last 2 Batmans, but I loved the original Tim Burton "Batman".
Back and better than ever!

Postby redskinz4ever » Wed May 12, 2004 7:04 pm

there is no difference in the "offensive" material in kill bill or passion.just because you don't like it you have no right to say it's trashy.REDSKINZ4EVER!!!
TOUCHDOWN .....WASHINGTON REDSKINS !!!!

Hog

Postby gambit187 » Wed May 12, 2004 8:26 pm

RED(EEMED)SKIN wrote:Not a lot of stuff out there calls out to me. A lot is trashy stuff.

The Passion of the Christ was the last movie I saw (AWESOME!!!), and after hearing the criticism, I decided I would not give my money to people that criticized the "offensive" material in The Passion, yet find it okay to put out trash like "Soul Plane", "Kill Bill" and all the other garbage out there.

I will, however, see Spiderman 2. The first one was excellent, and i can't wait to see them top that.

I would definitely see the Batman movie. I never saw the last 2 Batmans, but I loved the original Tim Burton "Batman".

I just wanna know why is Kill bill and soul plane trash. Just wanna know your reasoning.

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Wed May 12, 2004 10:25 pm

gambit187 wrote:
RED(EEMED)SKIN wrote:Not a lot of stuff out there calls out to me. A lot is trashy stuff.

I just wanna know why is Kill bill and soul plane trash. Just wanna know your reasoning.

Gambit, you have to remember that he said Spiderman was "excellent" so right away you know to take his taste in movies with a grain of salt.

Kill Bill was an excellent movie, and has really given Q's career a jump start... don't know about Soul Plane though, but the previews DID look a little goofy, lol.

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Thu May 13, 2004 11:06 am

redskinz4ever wrote:there is no difference in the "offensive" material in kill bill or passion.just because you don't like it you have no right to say it's trashy.REDSKINZ4EVER!!!

As a matter of fact I DO have a right to say it is trashy. Matter of opinion, n'est pas?

BTW - This is my 200th post!!!!!!

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Thu May 13, 2004 11:43 am

Skinsfan55 wrote:
gambit187 wrote:

Gambit, you have to remember that he said Spiderman was "excellent" so right away you know to take his taste in movies with a grain of salt.

Kill Bill was an excellent movie, and has really given Q's career a jump start... don't know about Soul Plane though, but the previews DID look a little goofy, lol.

Thanks for sending a little love my way. As far as the "trash" comment, IMO, as a whole, movies are pushing the ratings envelope further and further. I was appalled that POC was deemed too gory, yet, a few days later I happened to watch "Gangs of NY" on DVD, and could not believe it was only given an R rating.

Most of us in this forum, regardless of beliefs, inclinations, convictions, or whatever, have seen how society has changed, and our likes/dislikes, what we watch, what we read, see hear, allow have certainly evolved into something that 20 years ago was shameful.

It may be labeled as "conservative" banter, but we, as a society, are not improving as whole. I know the arguments against these views already (i.e., "watch something else", freedom of speech, freedom of choice, etc.) and I wouldn't be surprised to hear many come my way in response.

We're stunned when we hear about the violence within our own borders, and cringe when people do the unthinkable, yet, we manage to make a violent work of "art" like "Kill Bill" the #1 movie in the country and heave praise on the talents of those who help put this stuff in theatres. Movies like "Soul Plane" present an image of black folk that is far from flattering and does little in the way of advancing racial equality in the US (unless you count being able to make money off of the audience that will watch this stuff).

Of course, we CANNOT watch the Discovery Channel 24/7, nor am I a proponent of hermitage in fear of "the stuff around me". I choose to NOT continue to support this industry, so long as this type of material is made available, and I hope we all have the opportunity to rethink our actions and think about their repercussions on the future.

This PSA was brought to you by RED(EEMED)SKIN. :wink:

Hog

Postby gambit187 » Thu May 13, 2004 12:37 pm

Cool Cool I feel you on what you had to say Redeemed skins, and you opinion was taking with high regard. Just to let you know as a black male i kinda agree with you. I just wanted to know alittle about your thinking.

I dont wanna offend anyone, but I really dont go to alot of movies you know what the cost and everything, so movies like Soul Plane I will wait to come out on DVD. But a movie like Barbershop I or II i didn't mind paying for and taking my kids to. I generally try to only see movies that will have a bigger impact on the BIG screen and the superb sound systems at the theater.

I know alot of black directors are pigeon holed into making movies like soul plane, but i much rather see them make movies like "From Hell" which was done by the Hughs Brothers.

movies

Postby redskinz4ever » Thu May 13, 2004 12:48 pm

this was not suppose to get all RIGHT and WRONG!!!!this was for peple who enjoy the summer movie rush.if you like something or don't like something thats fine too...but the movies have a rating system in place for those of you who don't like voilence or swear words or whatever to choose what one wants to go see.so lets keep or RIGHTS and WRONGS to ourselves.REDSKINZ4EVER!!!!

Hog

Re: movies

Postby gambit187 » Thu May 13, 2004 12:52 pm

redskinz4ever wrote:this was not suppose to get all RIGHT and WRONG!!!!this was for peple who enjoy the summer movie rush.if you like something or don't like something thats fine too...but the movies have a rating system in place for those of you who don't like voilence or swear words or whatever to choose what one wants to go see.so lets keep or RIGHTS and WRONGS to ourselves.REDSKINZ4EVER!!!!

YOUR 100% RIGHT REDSKINZEVER, but a little intelligent softspoken conversation/debate between skins and cowboy fans felt good.

NOW BACK ON TOPIC

What about the movie " THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW"

I seen the 10 minute preview on FOX the other day and i was floored.

Hog

Postby BringThePain! » Thu May 13, 2004 12:52 pm

Now that we've learned about the "Damn-nation of Movies on Society" and "The Supression of Black Directors in Hollywood".... I think it's time we get back on topic.......

I heard X-men 3 is coming out next summer.... hope it's as good as X-Men and X2 :D
**SPECIAL EDITION**

CurveBall - "It might be YOUR biggest game of the year but it really doesn't seem to be as big a deal for Dallas fans anymore."

Oopsies! What's that taste like?

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Thu May 13, 2004 1:22 pm

BringThePain! wrote:Now that we've learned about the "Damn-nation of Movies on Society" and "The Supression of Black Directors in Hollywood".... I think it's time we get back on topic.......

I heard X-men 3 is coming out next summer.... hope it's as good as X-Men and X2 :D

X3 should be off the heezy.

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Thu May 13, 2004 1:31 pm

gambit187 wrote:Cool Cool I feel you on what you had to say Redeemed skins, and you opinion was taking with high regard. Just to let you know as a black male i kinda agree with you. I just wanted to know alittle about your thinking.

I dont wanna offend anyone, but I really dont go to alot of movies you know what the cost and everything, so movies like Soul Plane I will wait to come out on DVD. But a movie like Barbershop I or II i didn't mind paying for and taking my kids to. I generally try to only see movies that will have a bigger impact on the BIG screen and the superb sound systems at the theater.

I know alot of black directors are pigeon holed into making movies like soul plane, but i much rather see them make movies like "From Hell" which was done by the Hughs Brothers.

Thank you. I was not aware that the Hughs bros. made that movie.

I'm feeling you on the movie costs. It was great while I was a student to go to an AMC theater and get a student discount $5.00 ain't bad, but when you have to shell out $9 -$10 bucks for a non-matinee, it hurts the pocket, especially if the movie ain't worth it.

Can one get a refund if one does not like the movie. I mean, in this era where one can sue because coffee is hot, I'm sure the emotional & financial hardship brought on by Gigli and stuff can be fought for.... and won back.

I read an article in "GQ", I think, re: black actors and the lack of available roles for them. Kenan (from SNL/Kenan n' Kel/ Good Burger fame) was typecast for the Fat Albert movie. The article was interesting cause it brought up many issues black actors face, and how they sometimes have to struggle to find roles, often trying to beat each other out for the limited roles. (yes, I am aware that his happens among all races). You must read the article. I wish I was certain where you can find it.

~~

Re: movies

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Thu May 13, 2004 1:43 pm

redskinz4ever wrote:this was not suppose to get all RIGHT and WRONG!!!!this was for peple who enjoy the summer movie rush.if you like something or don't like something thats fine too...but the movies have a rating system in place for those of you who don't like voilence or swear words or whatever to choose what one wants to go see.so lets keep or RIGHTS and WRONGS to ourselves.REDSKINZ4EVER!!!!

I hear ya! Just make sure you don't steer conversations that way in the future with inflammatory remarks and blatant attempts of censorship.

Might I remind you:
...just because you don't like it you have no right to say it's trashy.REDSKINZ4EVER!!!

REGARDING SUMMER MOVIES:
Nobody's mentioned "ENVY". The pics of Stiller looking like Mike Greenberg from ESPN is too funny.

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -- Inigo to Vizzini in response to his outrage. INCONCEIVABLE!

Postby redskinz4ever » Thu May 13, 2004 4:35 pm

x-men3 is going to be really cool.the story is something like this human kind will not except the mutants so they human built robots to hunt down every mutant on earth...you know what that means mutant power will be in full force.don't know if everyone from 1-2 will be in this one contracts are being worked out.REDSKINZ4EVER!!!!

Postby redskinz4ever » Fri May 14, 2004 9:14 am

going to see VAN HELSING tomorrow,will let you know what i think about.REDSKINZ4EVER!!!!

Return to The Lounge