Backstrom Skips Young Stars Game

Washington Capitals, Washington Nationals, Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, and D.C. United... all go here!
The Punisher

Backstrom Skips Young Stars Game

Postby Bob 0119 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:16 pm

Caps Press Release wrote:Statement from Capitals center Nicklas Backstrom on missing the NHL YoungStars Game:

“I am grateful that I had the opportunity to participate in the YoungStars Game last year,” Backstrom said. “This year I felt like it made more sense for me to give someone else that opportunity and use this time to rest and prepare for the second half of the season with the Washington Capitals. I can assure Caps fans that I’m not injured and will be ready to go Tuesday in Boston .”

I think this is a smart move on Backstrom's part. Not that he doesn't deserve recognition for his play (I like this kid a lot) but Boston is the better opponent to prepare for.

Nick's definately got his priorities straight and it's good to see that level of maturity from a young player.
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

Return to Washington Sports Teams