spurrier said he wanted to quit coaching?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

spurrier said he wanted to quit coaching?

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 16, 2003 6:35 pm

after watching a local sports show on comcast(sports nite)the lead story was that a journalist pete prisco has written on cbs sports that before the season began steve spurrier wanted to resign but his agent persuaded him to stay at washington.he said that spurrier is very unhappy with everything and everyone at redskins park.they also had a unidentified ex-spurrier player say that spurrier wants out!the show ended by saying redskins officials are denying the story is true.

Hog

Postby woohit56 » Thu Oct 16, 2003 6:38 pm

What! I need to see some links to confirm this crap. SOS will destroy his legacy if he quits on us.

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 16, 2003 6:51 pm

its on cbs sportsline under pete prisco notebook under some pre draft hype.the tv show told more info than the cbs page.the sports show had some other quotes from pete prisco.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:00 pm

I found it, but it is only rumor...

And you know how quickly rumors can go away in this league
Rich in Roanoke

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:54 pm

3rd paragraph under Around the League:

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/6726122
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Hog

Postby woohit56 » Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:47 pm

Not that it means a 5hit to me but there are so many posers here in FL that are 'SKINS' fans now that SOS came here.

It makes me sick to think after all that he has built from his days as a QB that he would quit on the most prestigious franchise in the NFL.

If he leaves he'll be labeled a yellow bastid that couldn't do it on the level that really matters.

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Fri Oct 17, 2003 8:30 am

As Ramsey progresses, I just don't see Spurrier wanting to leave. He's gonna wanna stick and watch Ramsey blossem in the years to come.
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Fri Oct 17, 2003 9:41 am

If he leaves he'll be labeled a yellow bastid that couldn't do it on the level that really matters.

.. and rightfully so if he quits.

I would just point to the fact that Prisco's blurb doesn't cite any direct quotes or sources. Who knows if there's even an iota of truth to it.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Hog

Postby newshog » Fri Oct 17, 2003 10:30 am

Which is why I don't think he'd ever leave. Actually, not because of what anybody else thinks, but because he doesn't want to leave a loser--just for his own sake.
All the Redskins news that's fit to link.

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Fri Oct 17, 2003 10:55 am

we're in trouble if the only reason he's staying is to protect his reputation

we need someone who enjoys what he is doing and the players believe enjoys what he is doing

not someone who is wishing they weren't there and would rather be on the golf course

yikes!
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Fri Oct 17, 2003 12:17 pm

Texas Hog wrote:we're in trouble if the only reason he's staying is to protect his reputation

we need someone who enjoys what he is doing and the players believe enjoys what he is doing

not someone who is wishing they weren't there and would rather be on the golf course

yikes!

Whoa, whoa, whoa... where does all this come from? Because some idiot posted that it was true on the internet?

And without sources, references, quotes or anything? If you read between the lines, the whole 'rumor' is really just a backhand slight on Snyder and anything to do with him (as always).

How do you know Spurrier doesn't like what he's doing? I rarely miss a press conference and while I've heard some definite classic SpurrierSpeak, I have never heard him say anything like he wasn't enjoying himself. where does this broad sweeping statement come from?

So if I post an article tomorrow that Joe Gibbs is rumored to be interested in coming back to coach the Redskins... does that make it true?

Cause I'll start writing right now if it does...

redskinsmiley
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Fri Oct 17, 2003 12:33 pm

just saying that, if there is any truth to it....maybe there isn't

the way I see it is, if SS wins he'll be happy and stay

as he's said, if after 3 years (next season) he hasn't won (I would guess the division at least) then he's gone to give someone else a try....I've heard him say that a number of times

I hope some idiot did make it up and will be interested to hear if SS responds to the "rumor".

"I've heard Gruden always wanted to coach in D.C." :lol:
We'll miss you, Joe.

swine

Postby skinsNut » Fri Oct 17, 2003 1:15 pm

as he's said, if after 3 years (next season) he hasn't won (I would guess the division at least) then he's gone to give someone else a try....I've heard him say that a number of times

Yeah, but that's totally different than just bailing because you don't 'like it'.

I think it's cool if he steps down after 3 years if they don't get anywhere...
Hail to the Redskins

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Fri Oct 17, 2003 1:35 pm

I think it's cool if he steps down after 3 years if they don't get anywhere...

I agree as long as not getting anywhere....means not making any progress or showing any promise. Otherwise I'd be more than happy to give him 4-5 years.....but please no more Turneresque stays.
We'll miss you, Joe.

piglet

Postby redskinfan » Fri Oct 17, 2003 4:26 pm

i forgot to sign in when i posted it, but i didnt say it was true i was just letting you guys into what i heard thats all.in the post today they have spurrier denying it too.i hope he doesnt leave,especially before next season!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football