Nicholas Berg

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
Hog

Postby redskincity » Mon May 17, 2004 8:41 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:I think we need to pull our guys out. Its hard to help people who don't want to be helped and so many of them want us to leave.

Quick question. Where is all of that oil money going because Im paying $2 a gallon and I know its going somewhere.

No doubt!! I wish I had Diesel. I do believe it is cheaper.
• NFL Championships
1937, 1942, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Conference Championships
1936, 1937, 1940, 1942, 1943, 1945, 1972, 1982, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Division Championships
1972, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1987, 1991, 1999,
• All-Time Record:
515-465-27

aka Evil Hog

Postby hailskins666 » Mon May 17, 2004 8:58 pm

it's all a crock of shiznit at this point. diesel or gas, you're paying out the :moon:
THN's resident jerk.

Glock .40 Model 22 - First* line of home defense.... 'ADT' is for liberals.

Hog

Postby curveball » Mon May 17, 2004 9:12 pm

Not to change the subject, but the fact that we aren't paying more for our gasoline really played a role in the rise of terrorism.

The wholesale cost of gas, and more importantly oil, hasn't kept pace with inflation. At one time, Saudi Arabia paid every male citizen a healthy "oil" bonus much like the state of Alaska does for its citizens.

When these payments decreased (due somewhat to the House of Saud's greed and somewhat to the lack of overall price increases) the disillusionment with the royal family and rise of wahabism increased.
This space reserved for BTP......If he ever wins it.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon May 17, 2004 10:37 pm

Also, excuse me for changing the subject. But I believe this is showing the true crookedness of this country. We have technology that can lessen our dependancy on oil. But we aren't putting money into it. We're going to mars but we can't find money to help ourselves here on earth. We need to push alternative fuels or something, we can't be dependent on a country that simply hates our guts.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

scooter

Postby Scooter » Tue May 18, 2004 3:36 pm

- pull our guys out -
That's exactly what those terrorist bastards want. We'll be fighting them at our local shopping mall shortly afterwards. We absolutely must take the fight to them. I'm proud of our soldiers and support them 100%. Never mind the fact that we've made huge progress for those poeple and that Iraqi's have food, power and schools for their children. Saddam was a terrorist, he funded suicide bomers in Isreal - $19,000 to the family of the sick subhuman that blew himself up on a bus or a restaurant.

Seriously, all the 'quit now' people need to grow a pair and figure out we're at war with hate-filled subhumans. Not only shouldn't we stay - but we should tread a little heavier!

Postby Brandon777 » Tue May 18, 2004 9:27 pm

Scooter wrote:- pull our guys out -
That's exactly what those terrorist bastards want. We'll be fighting them at our local shopping mall shortly afterwards. We absolutely must take the fight to them. I'm proud of our soldiers and support them 100%. Never mind the fact that we've made huge progress for those poeple and that Iraqi's have food, power and schools for their children. Saddam was a terrorist, he funded suicide bomers in Isreal - $19,000 to the family of the sick subhuman that blew himself up on a bus or a restaurant.

Seriously, all the 'quit now' people need to grow a pair and figure out we're at war with hate-filled subhumans. Not only shouldn't we stay - but we should tread a little heavier!
I agree Scooter. They struck us first on 9-11. I just saw the Nick Berg execution video. It is a clear reminder of what the U.S. is dealing with, a bunch of lunatic, premative psychopaths. I saw the Daniel Pearl execution several months ago. People piss and moan about how the U.S. troops are treating prisonors need to look at those videos of Berg and Pearl. Having naked prisoners tied up together is nothing compared to slicing someone's head off slowly with a knife. I'm not justifying how we treated Iraqi prisoners, I'm just saying that we shouldn't act like we're the evil ones when these psychos take the cake. This prisoner contraversy is 100% driven by political interest trying to run Bush out of office.
Let us all gather around and drink the Cooley-Aid of the Redskins.

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Wed May 19, 2004 8:34 am

I've been reading this thread, and agree that this was an awful situation. However, I am unclear on one thing...

Are some of you implying that Berg was in on it? I don't think it impossible that he may have "volunteered" to give his life up for a cause. He did look awfully comfortable in the video, up until the beheading.

Please forgive me if I am wrong about the inferences.

We ABSOLUTELY cannot pull out of Iraq. Let's get more news coverage of the good the military is doing in Iraq, rather than the wall-to-wall coverage of the tragedies in Iraq that slant public opinion and make us look helpless against our enemies.

God bless our troops.
VIVA SEXY!!!

scooter

Postby Scooter » Wed May 19, 2004 12:51 pm

Berg wasn't in on anything. The video still flashes in my head. That poor kid had no idea what was about to happen to him. In fact, he was in opposition to his father's view of Bush. He went there to make Iraq a better place - hopefully he won't have died in vain. I'm actually very nervous that we would even consider pulling out until the evil bastards are dead. The innocent Iraqi's outnumber the subhumans - I hope they find the courage to rise up and take control...
Stepping down from the soap box :0)

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Wed May 19, 2004 1:51 pm

Scooter wrote:Stepping down from the soap box :0)

Cute. :D
VIVA SEXY!!!

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Wed May 19, 2004 4:59 pm

Couple of things here guys
1) We cannot compare what happened at the prison to what they do. Think about it...do we really want to compare ourselfs to them. I hear so many beat their chest about how the beheading was worst then the prison scandal. We are American we are better then this and the day we start comparing ourselfs to them is the day we lose site of what America is all about.
2) If we pull out guess where we will fight the war??...right here in our backyards.
3) Can you imagine if we had the media of today and the mindset of the people today during WWII we all be speaking German right now!
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Wed May 19, 2004 5:04 pm

DEHog wrote:Couple of things here guys 1) We cannot compare wath happened at the prison to what they do. Think about it...do we really want to compare ourselfs to them. I hear so many beat their chest about how the beheading was worst then the prison scandal. We are American we are better then this and the day we start comparing ourselfs to them is the day we lose site of what America is all about. 2) If we pull out guess where we will fight the war...right here in our backyards.3) Can you imagine if we had the media and the mindset of some today during WWII we all be speaking German right now!

That about covers it but when will it all end is the question (I know the correct answer is however long it takes) but I really don't see a end to this

Return to The Lounge