Caps Today

Washington Capitals, Washington Nationals, Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, and D.C. United... all go here!
Hog

Postby Sir_Monk » Mon May 11, 2009 4:22 pm

JansenFan wrote:If Boudreau can work his connections to get the Hansen's and Ogie, that would be some old-time hockey!

Yeah old-time hockey, Eddie Shore!
Bruce has the authority. When Bruce makes the decision, it's a Redskins decision.

Fire Bruce Boudreau

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon May 11, 2009 4:25 pm

:hmm:

new hockey fan like me.. i'm like.. huh? :lol:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby Sir_Monk » Mon May 11, 2009 4:29 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote::hmm:

As a new hockey fan, when you get a chance make sure watch the Paul Newman movie, "Slapshot," not only the best hockey movie ever but Bruce Boudreau was an extra.
Bruce has the authority. When Bruce makes the decision, it's a Redskins decision.

Fire Bruce Boudreau

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon May 11, 2009 4:52 pm

Sir_Monk wrote:

As a new hockey fan, when you get a chance make sure watch the Paul Newman movie, "Slapshot," not only the best hockey movie ever but Bruce Boudreau was an extra.

Good lookin out bro, I just added it to my queue in netflix. I guess parts 2 and 3 were generics considering Paul Newman was in the first one?
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby Sir_Monk » Mon May 11, 2009 4:54 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:
Sir_Monk wrote:

Good lookin out bro, I just added it to my queue in netflix. I guess parts 2 and 3 were generics considering Paul Newman was in the first one?

yeah part 2 is worth missing, I had no idea they made a part 3.

Fire Bruce Boudreau

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Mon May 11, 2009 5:25 pm

Parts 2 and 3 were made strictly to fleece Slapshot fans thinking it will be as good. Watch the first, and pretend you never knew they made 2 and 3. ;-)
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

cappster

Postby Cappster » Mon May 11, 2009 8:34 pm

They are trying to give this game to the Penguins! A power play with 2 minutes left in a win or go home game? Come on Ovie! The great ones come through in a time like this. Show us your greatness!!!!!!!!!!
Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 280x, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

Hog

Postby thedcnative » Mon May 11, 2009 9:10 pm

Caps win! Yay!
Yes, Virgina, you can be a "real fan" and protest against the front office.

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Mon May 11, 2009 9:43 pm

What an ending! Wow! It's about time the bounce goes our way! :rock:
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

cappster

Postby Cappster » Mon May 11, 2009 9:44 pm

Great win by the CAPS. They showed resiliency today in the way they just battled back and came away with the W. God I hope they can beat Pitts-burgh on Wed.
Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 280x, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

Hog

Postby Sir_Monk » Mon May 11, 2009 10:31 pm

Great effort tonight by the Caps! man oh man another game 7 in DC!!!!!

Fire Bruce Boudreau

Hog

Postby Sir_Monk » Mon May 11, 2009 10:42 pm

Cappster wrote:They are trying to give this game to the Penguins! A power play with 2 minutes left in a win or go home game? Come on Ovie! The great ones come through in a time like this. Show us your greatness!!!!!!!!!!

That might have been one of the worst calls I have ever seen late in a game. Laich did nothing to warrant a penalty, and I think the only reason it was called was because the official thought he had broken the other guys stick.

I hope we get some of that home cooking as far as calls go on Wednesday nights, at the games in steel town, the Pens seemed to get the man advantage just at the right moments.

Fire Bruce Boudreau

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Tue May 12, 2009 6:24 am

We haven't had an advantage in power plays in any game this series, so I wouldn't anticipate that changing.

I'm encouraged, though. They played tougher. Semin played the toughest game of hockey I've seen from him. We were crashing the net, laying the wood in open ice, it was much better.

Not to mention the fact we got our third game winning overtime goal, and this time it was for us!
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue May 12, 2009 8:08 am

JansenFan wrote:Semin played the toughest game of hockey I've seen from him.

With a name like that, you'd better be tough. :lol:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Tue May 12, 2009 8:25 am

Sir_Monk wrote:
Cappster wrote:They are trying to give this game to the Penguins! A power play with 2 minutes left in a win or go home game? Come on Ovie! The great ones come through in a time like this. Show us your greatness!!!!!!!!!!

That might have been one of the worst calls I have ever seen late in a game. Laich did nothing to warrant a penalty, and I think the only reason it was called was because the official thought he had broken the other guys stick.

I hope we get some of that home cooking as far as calls go on Wednesday nights, at the games in steel town, the Pens seemed to get the man advantage just at the right moments.

Y'know, I don't mind when the refs "let the boys play" and put their whistles away, but they always seem to crack out the whistles on the Caps first.

I didn't complain about Semin getting taken down because I felt that the refs were trying to say out of it, but when they called Laich with a little over two minutes to go, it became apparent that the refs wanted to give Pittsburgh the party they'd been waiting for.

The Caps won last night...in SPITE of the officials.
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

Return to Washington Sports Teams