This really irritates me.

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
---

This really irritates me.

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Aug 01, 2003 12:46 pm

Please correct me if I am wrong.

I'm glad I don't know if Ennis Haywood is black or white, so I can't make this a racial issue. It allows me to just see it as being a retarded article in general.

On ESPN.com this is the label for the headline about his death. "Drugs and alcohol killed Cowboys' Haywood". But then once U get into the article, it said the drugs were prescription. I'm not sure if all that were listed were prescription. But if they are, that title just rubbed me wrong. It just seems so disrespectful to him and his family. Why couldn't they use "medicinal drugs, and alcohol". It doesn't say he was drunk, but most of us kno you don't drink and take ur medicine. That was dumb on his part, but there is no need to imply that he's a drunk, drug-addict, and an idiot.

Maybe I'm completely wrong, thats my rant for the day.
Once again, if I interpretted this wrong, just let me kno.
Last edited by Chris Luva Luva on Fri Aug 01, 2003 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Fri Aug 01, 2003 1:15 pm

I agree with you 100%. That's just irresponsible reporting IMHO.
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:30 pm

agreed

it's just that most cowgirls do or have abused drugs and alcohol...so I guess they figured the same was true in this case.
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

Postby Kilmer » Tue Aug 05, 2003 10:37 pm

You do realize that many accidental drug overdoses are due to the abuse of prescription drugs and alcohol and seems pretty common. That is what killed Elvis, Marilyn Monroe...etc. Does not make the abuse any prettier just because a doctor prescribed them.

The title pretty much says what killed him...prescription drugs are still drugs.

Return to Around the League