*NEW* SHTICK FORUM: RED(EEMED)SKIN GOES THE WAY OF THE DODO

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?

What do you think about the SHTICK FORUM?

Love it...keep it up!!
17%
Wow! This is awesome!!!
No votes
Why didn't anyone think of this before!!??
No votes
This is amazing...and you're not getting paid for this??
17%
I'm a SHTICK FORUM fan for life.
No votes
I'm a SHTICK FORUM fan for life.
No votes
Can't wait for the "I LOVE THE SHTICK FORUM" T-shirt.
No votes
Anyone else notice that this poll is kinda skewed??
67%

Total votes : 6
~~

*NEW* SHTICK FORUM: RED(EEMED)SKIN GOES THE WAY OF THE DODO

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Wed May 26, 2004 10:12 am

**NOTE TO PERPLEXED READERS:
The SHTICK FORUM originated in the following thread:
http://www.thehogs.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4887&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

What started off as a debate over #56 of the Skins evolved into a thread unfit for the SMACK FORUM. References to cookies, frosting, revolutions, t-shirts, and jokes, needed a home, a place where odd topics could be discussed freely, without fear of runing into obscene language (hopefully), and personal attacks.

The brainchild of RED(EEMED)SKIN, the STHICK FORUM offers an alternative for those looking for an outlet to their "inner jester"; during the offseason, topics will range from football to fine china, but you can be sure as the temperature in DC starts to reach "TRAINING CAMP" levels, it's focus will lean more toward the gridiron... and all the things surrounding it that make RED(EEMED)SKIN go "hmmmm".

But, don't be fooled; if it doesn't say RED(EEMED)SKIN under "author", it ain't "SHTICK!!**

Enjoy today's post: *NEW* SHTICK FORUM: RED(EEMED)SKIN GOES THE WAY OF THE DODO

NO, RED(EEMED)SKIN is neither becoming extinct, nor is he undergoing a name change. Though someday you may see him immortalized in a museum like the "Dodo" Bird (extinctus old birdus), this humble Skins fan is about to do like the other Dodo, Steve Spurrier, and retreat to Florida.

I will be traveling to sunny Miami, FL tomorrow (big SHTICK FORUM shout out to Skins fans in FL!). Aside from reconnaisance work (Dolphins cheerleader tryouts, anyone?? :wink: ) at Dolphins headquarters, I will be pondering, among other things, the future of the SHTICK FORUM and a possible exodus down south in the closer-than-I-think future.

I won't be phoning in any STHICK FORUM resignations from a golf course, so Jake (the official journalist [though he doesn't know it yet] of the SHTICK FORUM :oops:) shouldn't have to worry about having reception on his cellie at all times during my trip.

I will be meeting my newborn niece for the first time and I will christen her a Skins fan for life with her very own "Redskins IBFC" T-Shirt I picked up at the draft day tent sale (IBFC = Itty Bitty Fan Club); the shirt is too cute.

This'll be the first time I do something of this nature, so I need some input from my fellow fans. Please provide some of your experiences in bringing in a new Redskin fan into this world. I'll recap my experience upon my return.

NOTE: I will be away Thurs. - Tues. (gotta work on the tan, peeps.), so I probably won't be able to read stuff posted after today, but by all means, please post. This is a forum for the people; just try to keep it clean, s'il vous plait. :D

Oh yeah...
DON'T FORGET TO ROCK THE VOTE ABOVE. :wink:
Back and better than ever!

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Wed May 26, 2004 11:34 am

Where's the 'Apparently Redeemedskin think that this message board is my own personal plaything' option?

:shock:

That' what I'd have voted for.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Hog

Postby BringThePain! » Wed May 26, 2004 12:40 pm

**SPECIAL EDITION**

CurveBall - "It might be YOUR biggest game of the year but it really doesn't seem to be as big a deal for Dallas fans anymore."

Oopsies! What's that taste like?

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Wed May 26, 2004 12:51 pm

Ahem.... :feedback;

Please provide some of your experiences in bringing in a new Redskin fan into this world. I'll recap my experience upon my return.

I'd really like to know how you guys went/would go about this. I was thinking about a parade or maybe some sorta ceremony. This is truly an important time in an infant child's life. Have you guys ever seen this shirt?That was the first time I had ever seen it.

BTW - Thanks for the help BTP. It'll definitely come in handy, honest.

BTW2 - The poll IS a gag. Like our great President, I do not succumb to so-called popular opinion polls. But, I digress.

Hog

Postby BringThePain! » Wed May 26, 2004 12:55 pm

RED(EEMED)SKIN wrote:BTW - Thanks for the help BTP. It'll definitely come in handy, honest.

Glad to help.... Senor Shtick :D
**SPECIAL EDITION**

CurveBall - "It might be YOUR biggest game of the year but it really doesn't seem to be as big a deal for Dallas fans anymore."

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Wed May 26, 2004 4:03 pm

People, my plane leaves in less than 24 hours!!! :shock:

I need :feedback;

Hog

Postby BringThePain! » Wed May 26, 2004 4:19 pm

RED(EEMED)SKIN wrote:People, my plane leaves in less than 24 hours!!! :shock:

I need :feedback;

**SPECIAL EDITION**

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Wed May 26, 2004 4:21 pm

No, BTP. [-X Stick to the thread.

Hog

Postby BringThePain! » Wed May 26, 2004 4:27 pm

i thought this was the Shtick Forum :hmm:
**SPECIAL EDITION**

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed May 26, 2004 5:03 pm

Im sooo confused.... :hmm:
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

put AM in the HOF

Postby tcwest10 » Wed May 26, 2004 6:41 pm

Redeemed, you should do the right thing and click on the "donate" icon. You're getting a lot of mileage out of the site, and most of it is self-serving.
"Sit back and watch the Redskins.
SOMETHING MAGICAL IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!"
JPFair- A fan's fan. RIP, brother

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:47 pm

BringThePain! wrote:i thought this was the Shtick Forum :hmm:

True dat. My bad. I thought we were in those "other" forums. He he. :nana:

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:49 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Im sooo confused.... :hmm:

That's okay. You're welcome here, too. (extends olive branch) :D Did you ever resolve your name thing?

~~

Because I'm a man of my word...

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:26 pm

I'm back, bronzed, and eager to share the highlights of my trip:

* The christening went well. It was tough trying to convince a Baltimore native now residing in Florida to dress her baby in Burgundy & Gold, but it's done. The shirt was too cute to ignore.

** Our host's older brother, with whom we hung out quite a bit, is a dead ringer for one Steve Spurrier. He bore an eerie resemblance to the OBC, except he was Puertorican, which only made it even more amusing. I wanted to put a visor and some shades on the guy in order to take a picture with "Señor Spurrier", but it never came to pass.

*** We stayed over at our host's younger sister's house in Cape Coral, FL. She and her husband are both Cowgirls fanatics, so I got my shots in several times about how the Skins will run over them this year. I even managed to recruit their only child to come out of the Cowgirls darkness and into the B&G light. Mission accomplished.

**** Had one heck of a good time in FL. I now know what Steve Spurrier was thinking when he weighed his options: "Snyder & Vinny vs. Florida...DC Sports Media vs. Florida...NFL vs. Florida... $10 million vs. Florida --- FLORIDA!!" and totally understand. Don't be surprised to hear about RED(EEMED)SKIN relocating to FL.

***** Had some awesome cuban & puertorican food down there; the best cuban sandwich in all of Florida, and got to spend time at the beach and the pool while rain covered the DC area.

Lotsa fun!

Thanks for all y'all's input. :up:

TCWEST - you may NOW pass your "collection plate" :nana: .

Return to The Lounge