Caps Today - Entering the B's nest

Washington Capitals, Washington Nationals, Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, and D.C. United... all go here!
The Punisher

Caps Today - Entering the B's nest

Postby Bob 0119 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:51 am

Today’s Storyline

Opening in Beantown – Only one other time in Capitals history has the club opened the season against Boston . The Caps traveled to Boston for the first game of the 1987-88 season, falling 4-3 to the Bruins at the Boston Garden . Though the team would go on to make the playoffs that season, the Capitals will hope for a different outcome in their season opener against the Bruins on Thursday night.
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:24 pm

Also, Chris Bourque initially made the team, then was placed on waivers for some unknown reason (Chris Clark speculated that it was salary cap-related on DC101 this morning). In any case, the Pittsburgh Penguins claimed him off of waivers.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

Hog

Postby Sir_Monk » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:32 pm

JansenFan wrote:Also, Chris Bourque initially made the team, then was placed on waivers for some unknown reason (Chris Clark speculated that it was salary cap-related on DC101 this morning). In any case, the Pittsburgh Penguins claimed him off of waivers.

That's to bad, I really like the way that kid played in his few chances with the big club. I also hate seeing anyone go to Steeltown.
Bruce has the authority. When Bruce makes the decision, it's a Redskins decision.

Fire Bruce Boudreau

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:34 pm

Amen to that, sir.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

Hog

Postby Sir_Monk » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:35 pm

Which reminds me, I keep forgetting to sign up for the NHL season pass....I just got Direct TV a few weeks ago with CSN, do they do a pre-and post game show on there? In the past I had the NHL pass through our cable company that cut off the feed just after the final whistle. It will be nice to watch the Caps in HD...I really hope DTV gets the hockey thing worked out with VS...
Bruce has the authority. When Bruce makes the decision, it's a Redskins decision.

Fire Bruce Boudreau

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:43 pm

Comcast Sportsnet is your home of the Washington Capitals. I can't say for sure whether you will get to see them or not, but they typically have a few minutes of pre and a decent post-game show. Lisa Hillary is the Caps beat reporter, and she's Canadian, so she is considered the best.
RIP 21

Hog

Postby Sir_Monk » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:10 pm

JansenFan wrote:Comcast Sportsnet is your home of the Washington Capitals. I can't say for sure whether you will get to see them or not, but they typically have a few minutes of pre and a decent post-game show. Lisa Hillary is the Caps beat reporter, and she's Canadian, so she is considered the best.

DTV had this special that offered it's premium package that included a ton of local sports channels including CSN, and the NFL Sunday Ticket for free for 5 or 6 months.

Fire Bruce Boudreau

-------

Postby RedskinsFreak » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:27 pm

Caps are darlings of the District:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadi ... r4U0jU9J9w

"Everywhere we go I see people with Caps jerseys and Caps hats and they recognize us. My first year in the stands were maybe a couple thousand, and now we're sold out," two-time NHL MVP Alex Ovechkin said. "It's like Canada."
***** Hail To The Redskins!!! *****

BA + MS = A New Beginning

Hog

Postby Sir_Monk » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:39 pm

RedskinsFreak wrote:Caps are darlings of the District:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadi ... r4U0jU9J9w

"Everywhere we go I see people with Caps jerseys and Caps hats and they recognize us. My first year in the stands were maybe a couple thousand, and now we're sold out," two-time NHL MVP Alex Ovechkin said. "It's like Canada."

:D :D

Fire Bruce Boudreau

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:52 am

:explode:

I freakin' hate seeing any of our guys go to those flightless fowls.
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

Return to Washington Sports Teams