Capitals recall Keith Aucoin from Hershey

Washington Capitals, Washington Nationals, Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, and D.C. United... all go here!
The Punisher

Capitals recall Keith Aucoin from Hershey

Postby Bob 0119 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:10 am

ARLINGTON, Va. – The Washington Capitals have recalled center Keith Aucoin from the Hershey Bears of the American Hockey league (AHL), vice president and general manager George McPhee announced today.

Aucoin, 30, is a ninth-year pro who stands 5’9”, 162 pounds. The Waltham , Mass. , native has played in four games for Hershey and ranks third on the Bears in scoring with one goal and four assists. Last season Aucoin recorded six points (two goals, four assists) in 12 games with Washington , including five points (two goals, three assists) in the final seven games of the season. He has played in 65 career NHL games with the Capitals and Carolina Hurricanes, recording seven goals and 14 assists.

The undrafted Aucoin led the AHL in points (96) and assists (71) through most of last season, but finished second to teammate Alexandre Giroux after he played the last seven games of the regular season with Washington . He has 529 career AHL points in 505 games.

Aucoin, No. 20 with Washington , joined the Capitals organization as a free agent on July 3, 2008, after spending three years in the Carolina organization.
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

Hog

Postby Sir_Monk » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:44 pm

he should have made the team out of camp. I liked what he showed with the big club last year
Bruce has the authority. When Bruce makes the decision, it's a Redskins decision.

Fire Bruce Boudreau

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:33 pm

Yeah, he probably would have if the team could find a cap friendly way of dumping Nylander
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

Hog

Postby Sir_Monk » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:35 pm

good win tonight for the Caps. I have not watched much hockey so far, but a few players said it was the best effort since opening night. To bad Theo went down in the second, but Varley at least had a good third. I have never seen the Caps post game show on CSN before, has Alan May always been part of the broadcast team?
Bruce has the authority. When Bruce makes the decision, it's a Redskins decision.

Fire Bruce Boudreau

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:41 pm

No, he's new this year.

I missed the postgame show...too busy celebrating!

It was by far the most complete game I've seen from the Caps so far. They played some good D and didn't leave Varly on an island.

Hog

Postby Sir_Monk » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:30 pm

Bob 0119 wrote:No, he's new this year.

I missed the postgame show...too busy celebrating!

It was by far the most complete game I've seen from the Caps so far. They played some good D and didn't leave Varly on an island.

May seems a bit awkward on camera but has really good hockey insight. The post game show is pretty cool, I had no idea Al Koken did anything else but intermission interviews and quick soundbites during the game. Tbh, in the three days since I have had DTV installed, I have only watched CSN. I really like Washington Post live. I'm still amazed at all the channels I get, and combined with the DSL service we have, we are paying less then we were with cable.

Fire Bruce Boudreau

Return to Washington Sports Teams